Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810342 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5460 on: October 18, 2009, 01:37:36 pm »

I forgot to say : server is UP

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: October 18, 2009, 01:50:47 pm »

why would you even do the form and try to work with him

just take the losses and start again

stop encouraging data!

He has one massive advantage: the 24/7 server. Until we get one with no-strings attached, the community will naturally tend towards his.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5462 on: October 18, 2009, 01:53:53 pm »

There's a reason we have a webpage called Is Android Data Spergin' Out?.

That. Is. Awesome. :o

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: October 18, 2009, 01:56:33 pm »

Okay, I've tried, but I see that I will fail. so, its time to make decisions, and end this discussion.

I want each and every one of you to make a decision based on one of the following options.

1. I No longer wish to work with Data, I will no longer post any comments containing remarks about Data's ego, social skills or anything else.
I will continue to work/play/admin on the bay12games version and no longer bother Data's not here, not on his server.

2. I Wish to continue working with Data,
I will accept that this version will probably no longer have "Bay12" in its name.
I Also accept that this version will probably not be discussed on the bay12games forum anymore.
I will no longer post comments about much everybody is overreacting to Data nor attempt to convince them to re join efforts with Data.

3. I will continue to argue about this in this thread, I don't care about actually making a decision for myself, I want everybody to agree with me and I wont settle for anything less.

Data, I am not the person to be able to mediate between you and bay12. I don't think there is such a person.
I really like your work, and don't get why some people get so worked up about your way of doing things. I would have loved for this to work out, but it wont, its like fitting a square block in a round hole.
I don't care whether or not you remove me from your admin list or don't. You should create/use whatever forum you have to allow whoever wants to to carry on to your version.

I will be administering and helping the bay12 version, and if you keep your server, I probably will drop by for a round occasionally.

I really hope this will stop this already way to long argument.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5464 on: October 18, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »

He has one massive advantage: the 24/7 server. Until we get one with no-strings attached, the community will naturally tend towards his.

I'm planning to release the host files to my version so anyone can create their own server, be it public or private. The source will still remain where it is so the branch can progress. I think this may turn out to be very good for you lot since you only tend to make some minor modifications anyway, and I may be able to implement any modification you would like to mess around with.

For now, I only plan to include a couple of variables:
  • server name: This could be set to something like "Official Bay12 Server". Both the hub and the game itself will reflect the server name.
  • host: If the host could not be determined automatically (UNIX hosts), this is what will appear on the BYOND Hub as the host. In addition, the key specified here will gain administrator access with the Host rank.
  • mode probabilities: allows you to specify the % chance a mode should be picked in secret/random modes.
  • mode voting: allows you to specify which modes can be voted for.

The host-level administrator is an unique administrator. It exists only once and only the person specified in the config file will gain this level.

The host-level administrator is like the Primary Server Administrator (can modify all records except for hard-coded ones) except they can also add new PSA's.

If anyone is against my server but for my development, this will be a good compromise between the two.

The only issue there'll be is with custom maps. I'd like to put them in, but I'm afraid it would just turn out to be a laggy mess since BYOND only has soft-coded map loader libraries.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5465 on: October 18, 2009, 02:03:04 pm »

Data, I am not the person to be able to mediate between you and bay12. I don't think there is such a person.

Actually, simply being there is sufficient enough to mediate. But anyway. See previous post, 'cause you replied whilst I was writing up my reply. :P

I don't care whether or not you remove me from your admin list or don't.

Uhh... I can't? Well, not unless you start pissing everybody off completely like Nameless did.

I really hope this will stop this already way to long argument.

Me too. Is there really such a need for this much drama?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: October 18, 2009, 02:10:03 pm »

Can anyone honestly tell me the point of all this? This thread has been one arguement after another since page 40. Sure it's a fun game but it's not worth the conflict it brings to Bay12. Let it go guys, time to move on.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: October 18, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »

Wow... that... is a fucking great idea.. its sad, but...  Ill really have to agree to that.
So, its sad, but Im out. bye. *goes play some dwarf fortress for grief management.*
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Rathen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: October 18, 2009, 02:42:12 pm »

I cannot believe that in a community this size you don't have ONE person (who isn't Data) who would be happy to run a dedicated server for you.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: October 18, 2009, 03:36:06 pm »

Server crashed. I don't think it was atmosphere, we were working on fixing wires after a plasma storm. Maybe wires are the problem.

Qwerty, are you still working at this version, or did you move to Data's?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: October 18, 2009, 03:38:41 pm »

Yeah, that was probably it.
Didn't we think it was the wires a while ago?
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: October 18, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »

Yes, we think it is wires. Unluckily, I know nothing about code so I can't fix it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5472 on: October 18, 2009, 04:15:01 pm »

Just taking a break from SS13 drama. Mostly because SUBMACHINE 6 IS OUT.

My attitude has always been, and will continue, to be friendly towards Data and any other SS12 versions, but continue the "old" Bay12 branch.

Will soon dig for potential issues once again.
Eh?
Eh!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: October 18, 2009, 04:22:45 pm »

It seems to have crashed again, right after another plasma storm.
Though it might have been from the engine getting so screwed up.
The cold loop blew up somehow, and so did the hot loop, then the engine fire got out and destroyed most of the engine.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: October 18, 2009, 04:40:48 pm »

No, it was power going off in my house. It seem to happen when it rains. server is still up, and I even have a player. But now it is late and i am taking it down.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 950