Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810572 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5040 on: October 10, 2009, 02:30:57 pm »

People, stop throwing the blame around. Personally, I dont care who caused the bug or whatever. What I DO care about is when it will be fixed. Mistakes were made, yes, but now they must be fixed!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5041 on: October 10, 2009, 03:04:19 pm »

Describe the bug.
Eh?
Eh!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: October 10, 2009, 03:12:18 pm »

It might be better if we get the server up, and then he can SHOW you the bug.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 10, 2009, 03:13:48 pm »

I believe Data was making something called a joke, when he blamed Johbson. Still, for slandering a fellow dwarf, I sentace Politfar to a beating for Data's crime.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: October 10, 2009, 03:24:11 pm »

Yeah, Politifar, you could have easily foreen that happening and stopped it.

Beating time.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5045 on: October 10, 2009, 03:50:46 pm »

So, I turn the community against me because I state that he may have inadvertently caused it?

Note that I said "inadvertently", meaning not on purpose. Something weird happened and the only conclusion I could reach is that one of his files got corrupted or something.

But not to fear, Data is here. (Been waiting to use that one. :D) I have determined that Johbson is unlikely to have caused it. Instead, the blame has now been transferred to Nameless2 (apparently it was a random BYOND bug??), the guy who sent the files to Johbson in the first place.

Also what the heck is up with Johbson being the only "trusted Bay12 host"? I wanted to host a server earlier, but apparently only Johbson is "trusted" enough by the Bay12 community to host. Wtf?
(Meanwhile, no server is up whilst I could easily get one up within 5 minutes running 24/7. No offense or anything, but still. Why can't I be trusted to host something for Bay12? :'()

BTW I set up some forums+bug tracker+suggestions place @ http://www.ss13.net/
I asked Johbson and PhoebosLC and they claim that no Bay12er will have problems registering on those forums. So, um, here you go, I guess. ::)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:02:14 pm by Data »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 10, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »

Johbson is the only trusted Bay12 host because he is the guy who hosts most of the time, It's really that we only want people from Bay12 to host the server in our name, so we don't get typecast as N00bs if some randomer decides to create Griefstation with our code, and keep the name as the Baystation.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 10, 2009, 04:30:56 pm »

Most of the people here don't play on other servers because, they are just that. A server not run by Bay12 does not have the same interests in mind that one that is, does.

Before, our ONLY strong point, the ONLY thing that would bring people to play on our server was our community.

Our admins must fit my stern criteria, which is why we often have very few. I know we still have a few admins I might not rather have, but I also trust that they will get better in time.

I would refuse to play on a server that I could not rule over. Not because I am power hungry, but because I KNOW no one else could host a server the way I want it. And it's not just for me. I don't think most of Bay12 would not be happy in a different server either.

The goons want to have silly fun, you want to have the best code, and we just want to tell a story.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 10, 2009, 04:34:05 pm »

Verily.

The goons have horrible, HORRIBLE role-play.

You do have many very nice features Data, it's a shame they are not all often utilised, when i last went on your server there was a lot of stuff happening, but not a lot of role-play, and some of your features were left in the dust...

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: October 10, 2009, 04:38:46 pm »

Exactly as Dr. Johbson said.
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: October 10, 2009, 05:22:30 pm »

The goons have excellent roleplay, if you stipulate RPing an insane asylum counts.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 10, 2009, 05:29:10 pm »

Quite true, beorn.

Incidentally, may we have a server please gentlemen?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 10, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »

Quite true, beorn.

Incidentally, may we have a server please gentlemen?

I'm not at my home, at the moment.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: October 10, 2009, 06:05:45 pm »

That's fine, i might play some Liberal Crime squad.

looks like my kind of game.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:31 pm »

Wow, you guys have been busy since I left.  A merger with SS13DL?  Or is it only code-swapping?  I wish I could see what else you guys have come up with, but for one thing or another I haven't been able to get back into playing, and for an indefinite time into the future I won't have access to my computer, or any one that I can spend any time on.

Did you guys ever get that engine working?  Or did you end up scrapping it?
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 950