Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811107 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2850 on: July 18, 2009, 03:18:14 pm »

I suggest you make the windows look a bit more transparent and like the current version.

Oh and for fucks sake, REMOVE THE BEVELING AND EMBOSSING ON REINFORCED WALLS AND WINDOWS! It makes them look like blocks! They should look like the normal walls! THOSE LOOK GOOD!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 18, 2009, 04:15:12 pm »

I thought that was the style he was going for?

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 18, 2009, 04:16:56 pm »

We are almost at 200 pages. What is the largest topic in the forums?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 18, 2009, 04:17:20 pm »

'You are BANNED'. I think.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 18, 2009, 04:24:16 pm »

Marine's server is NOT a substitute to Johbson's. Guess I'll just have to wait.  :-\

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2855 on: July 18, 2009, 04:34:01 pm »

Can't shatter yet, but that comes next.

These are full windows, there are full windows in SS13, though they are rarely used.

Directional variance in the icon state only applies to turfs.
Maybe a visible frame?

V.06
src

Need held item art.
My crowbar placeholder isn't very good, and the others don't have held item images.

Now have a framework for equipables, and basic clothing is in.

Also, check out the inventory management!

You can move stuff to your off-hand by clicking on it when it is empty.
Clicking on an equipment icon(or hand icon) will fall through to the item held!(Except with nothing in the active hand, it will directly pickup())
Eh?
Eh!

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #2856 on: July 18, 2009, 04:35:05 pm »

Let me share my thoughts about bots:
- They would not require oxygen or breath at all. They do have air sensors, though.
- They would run on electricity.
- Current body parts include: Chipset, Battery Slot, Arms, Torso, Drive(Chain Drive sounds good)
- When a bot loses power, it dies similar to human, shutting its chipset down last.
- Bots only know the physical damage type, which represents hull damage, but the body parts also have a "cut_wires" variable, which, if true, will cause the part to cease functioning.
- The A.I. would be a bot without drive.

Also, I'd like to share some of the power code with the machinery code. How would I go on about this? Copy the procs onto the bot in New()?

The next problem is using tools and the like. How would a bot perform actions? Would it be able to pick up items?

There could be different types of bots. The type of the bot determines the type of tools. There might be security bots, which mainly have combat tools, engineer bots, which have building tools, medical bots, which have medical sensors, syringe-like devices and maybe even surgery tools, a carrier bot that has a large storage(backpack-like) and hand-like tools. Maybe the tools should be displayed in the HUD, but I'm not quite sure, it would require the HUD to be very dynamic.

I hope there is someone who would like to do the icons for the bots, I have created a basic place-holder one, but I'm really no good at it.

Quick & Lazy, I put together some bots using a earlier sprite I made...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In hindsight, I remember that this thing is huge compared to a human sprite.
Just holler if I have to start over.

Scuzzer Droid.
Basic Maintenance. Station Repair. Carries basic tools. (Which can not be looted)

Fuzzer Droid.
Security. Station safety. Carries a tazer and a set of handcuffs (which are used to drag criminals around) Will also defend station against hostile elements.

Buzzer Droid.
Pure combat unit. Carries a laser and a fancy beret. Is never deployed on research stations for obvious reasons.

Nurzer Droid
Medical assistant. Equipped with diagnostic tools and several autoloading hypodermic syringes. (Which are ejected after use for hygienic reasons.)

Azzist Droid
Pack Mule. Carries whatever you want it to carry. Excluding explosives and weapons. Which are deposited into the nearest NanoTransen autodisposal unit upon detection.

If you want I can rework these to not look so.. bulky. And more individual. (instead of just bloodily ripping off Startopia.)

Oh and as comparison.

And because I like to show off.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 18, 2009, 04:37:20 pm »

Marine's server is NOT a substitute to Johbson's. Guess I'll just have to wait.  :-\

You were there for about 2 minutes and you strangled a guy. how does that make me a bad host?
also a plasma storm was hitting when you joined.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 04:39:36 pm by MarineElite »
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: July 18, 2009, 04:39:17 pm »

Better?
Eh?
Eh!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 18, 2009, 04:59:40 pm »

Better?

Yes in fact. Makes it look like it has a frame that it is held in.

Now do the Rwalls.

Oh and if we're redesigning inventory, we should make 2 belt slots and have 4 pocket slots. Because I REALLY like cargo pants! Seriously, I LOVE pockets! I'll count how many my favorite pants have! (Not counting ass pockets. Nobody uses those anyway and they suck for storing stuff because it gets all crumpled and ruined if you sit on it. Else it just makes you uncomfortable.)

After counting, the results are in!

2 standard pockets, 1 large pocket on right trouser leg, 1 zipper pocket on right trouser leg, (It's literally under my right large pocket. In the sense that my right large pocket has a zipper opening on the left side of it. Not lower on my pants. Which makes it very efficient!) 1 large zipper pocket on left trouser leg and last but not least, 4 small pockets (2 on each leg.)

This makes a grand total of 9 pockets!

To get a size measurement, here's a little info.

The large pocket can hold a ton of shit. Really, it's a LAAAAAAAARGE pocket. You could fit 3/4 a normal 300 page book in height in it. I'd say we shouldn't have one of those in game.

The standard pocket are a bit larger than your average pants pocket. But it's still rather the same. As far as deep goes, you can fit a half-liter bottle in there. But not very comfortably on volume. I'd put my screwdriver case in there. (About the size of my palm+fingers.) Those should be in the game and should act like pockets do already. There should be 2 of them, like normal. They could hold the same stuff normal pockets currently do.

Why are there no jumpsuit pockets? To hold a pen in? A TINY pocket that could only fit a pen in it. That's it.

The small pockets are for stuff like keys and short USB cables. So a cable coil of no more than 10 sections should fit in it. Or a small tool such as a multitool or screwdriver.

The large zipper pocket is flat. Not fun to carry large volume things in it. But it's good for IDs, wallets, phones, etc. Leave it out of the game.

Recap: Add one tiny pocket to the jumpsuit that holds a pen. Add a 2nd belt slot. Make Rwalls look continuous.

That's all I want from you right now Qwerty.

Thanks a lot man. You're making us all proud.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 18, 2009, 05:06:15 pm »

I already did Rwalls, though I don't think in time for the update, and I forgot to det use_dirs until I culdn't find the joining.

I hope/plan on using that nifty multiple screen feature to make inventory/storage appear in another window, out of the way of the game.

That way, your bag is not restricted to 7 slots by the screen capacity.

Pockets could be included as well.

Also, the way equipment is set up, it uses the icon's location rather than something hardcoded, in a way that should work with a second screen flawlessly.
Eh?
Eh!

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 18, 2009, 05:07:19 pm »

Cajoes: I love them!
Qwerty: I love it!

The windows look very different from SS13, but I like them.

Those bots are.. great! I wonder how they will fit into the game though, since they seem more detailed than the other sprites. Anyway, I'll start putting them in, just to see how it looks.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 18, 2009, 05:22:51 pm »

Found a little bug: Clicking an empty slot will raise an error:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 18, 2009, 05:27:09 pm »

Erm... The bots are controlled by the AI, correct?
Here was my idea for the bots:

There are two kinds of bots; the ones controlled by the AI individually (There would be a AI command to jump into one) and one controlled by one player, like a job. Every bot would be limited to the AI laws that come at the beginning of the game, and would likewise affected by random events, such as Ion Storms and such.

-The AI should be able to shutdown any bot at any time.
-Bots should be able to be hacked, like airlocks. Possibly they could be temporarily disabled with tasers or such in order to do so. The hacked bot would have to listen to the commands of the person who hacked it, and it would not be able to be shutdown by the AI until AI control had been restored (Which would entail hooking up the AI control wire).
-Bots should be a new mob, although I'm not completely sure how that would work. Maybe individual mobs for each type of bot? I feel that an inventory for each bot would be easy to handwave, say that a fuzzer droid goes and rips off a laser from a buzzer, and hooks it onto itself with the help of a scuzzer. Also, geneticists shouldn't be able to turn people into bots via the 14th.
-Finally, bots should have some sort of power resource, and possibly recharge stations that they have to go to every once in a while.

@cib: Yeah, that should probably be fixed, and fast.  :-X

EDIT: Forgot: Bots should have a separate damage system from humans. I don't want bloody robots running around. :)

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 18, 2009, 05:37:43 pm »

There might also be a "Robotics" job/station section, which would feature personnel dedicated to programming and constructing bots.

Also, I'm not yet sure how tools should work. I'm guessing that a bot can have one tool attached to each of its arms - but how many arms should it have? Well, looking at the icons, obviously two. Maybe, if a bot needs more tools, it could simply switch between them by clicking on one tool slot.

Also, here is one of the icons put into the latest published SS81:

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 950