Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804654 times)

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2700 on: July 15, 2009, 06:47:50 pm »

A traitor device that causes static while on within say a 10 square radius when on would be nice too. Those damn radio's are the bane of a non medic traitor trying to choke someone.

That's a good idea, but I'd prefer to have Johbson's approval on things to be added to the list. Unless he doesn't care, of course.

Use your own judgment, plus I love the idea.  ;D

Alright, it is added.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: July 15, 2009, 07:55:06 pm »

To those who find pleasure in this- Justgoaway has been banned. He was lying about being griefed, so he could kill someone.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2702 on: July 15, 2009, 08:52:06 pm »

Ugh.
I got the solar power up and running, repaired the cut power lines at the entrance shuttle, fought back the fire to the fire doors in the west hallway, built a bridge over the bomb-gap, shut off the plasma flow in atmospherics, and repaired the sabotaged atmospherics and firecontrol doors.
And the shuttle is finally coming to relieve me of this miserable pit of suffering.
Eh?
Eh!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: July 15, 2009, 09:24:33 pm »

Whats the perfect turning rate of the solar arrays? The sun has to circle around at a certain speed right? So shouldnt there be an optimum turning speed?

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 15, 2009, 11:04:39 pm »

Things that need to be done

1. Remove the Cent. Com Reports. This causes Metagaming, and I think it would be more fun without it. Should be easy to do.

2. Make Ion storms, and maybe even plasma storms make radios only emit static.

3. Remove the mixing room outside toxins. We have one already, inside toxins.

4. Connect Toxin's hallway APC to the SMES battery. As it stands no, no power. Quite annoying. Also, maybe make a few more solar panels.

5.  Remove those damned firelocks in the engine mass driver.  They defeat the whole point of it - to toss in new canisters while the engine blazes away.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: July 16, 2009, 12:35:25 am »

Whats the perfect turning rate of the solar arrays? The sun has to circle around at a certain speed right? So shouldnt there be an optimum turning speed?

I sure never figured that out.  Nothing ever seems even close.  I'm guessing it must be randomized...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: July 16, 2009, 01:01:37 am »

There are two possibilities for this. One, the sun stays at 2 degrees the whole time, or position and rotation speed are randomized each time. I hate to say it, but I think that should be removed or simplified if its the random one. We have a futuristic space station with a sentient AI, but not a little computer to track the movement of the sun?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: July 16, 2009, 03:16:22 am »

I think, from the code, that the sun rotates at -6 degrees per hour or minute or something, which is totally unselectable on the tracker thing, which sucks.

From the list of things to be done:

1 is done since the update. Did you ever play traitor? The report shouldn't get to the stations before billions and billions of years.

2 is going to be somewhat hard, seeing as the ion storm takes currently a duration of 0 seconds.

3 is because I was lazy.  :D

4 is, woops. >_< At leats it's fixable in game.

5 is easy to do.

To Yanlin about Toxins: The monkeys do NOT have an airvent because you are supposed to use the rooms in the south-west corner! As for bombing by mass drivers: Well, before, the bomb was made ON-STATION. It's quite a big leap, no? Besides, you can have the AI watch and/or seal the drivers. And the engine (which is not one, by the way, just a generator. Only you feed it hot and cold gasses instead of diesel.) is there for toxins to fool around with it. If you are talking about the gas chamber with an ignitor, well, not removing it too. Would you prefer someone to put a welder in a closet and do the same thing?
Also, why'd you want to use the drivers this often, by yourself? If you are gonna use it, well, use the terminals like everyone. Or have the AI help.
Aaaaand EVA may be a little overkill in there, yes, but seriously, it's an emergency closet/airlock. What if an experiment explodes, or the drivers fail, heh?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:18:45 am by Floirt »
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: July 16, 2009, 03:19:57 am »

From the list of things to be done:

1 is done since the update. Did you ever play traitor? The report shouldn't get to the stations before billions and billions of years.

We played a round, it came.  ;D Thanks for the work, again, by the way. You too, Qwerty.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: July 16, 2009, 03:25:51 am »

I assume the braindead text I requested was added? It is a pretty big deal.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: July 16, 2009, 03:41:40 am »

You'll have to see Johbson for that.  :P

Anyways, the things that need to be done are done, well, except Number 2. I took the liberty of adding what I would call an "interlude of silliness" in my coding from last night. Major props to anyone who finds it without my help.  :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=55177087e68502cb00d27174b47c6657e04e75f6e8ebb871
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: July 16, 2009, 03:46:24 am »

You'll have to see Johbson for that.  :P

Anyways, the things that need to be done are done, well, except Number 2. I took the liberty of adding what I would call an "interlude of silliness" in my coding from last night. Major props to anyone who finds it without my help.  :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=55177087e68502cb00d27174b47c6657e04e75f6e8ebb871

Yay, thank you, love small changes.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: July 16, 2009, 03:49:22 am »

I think electromagnetic storms that randomize every electrical device in the game might be interesting. Having to reset all the radios fixe the engine output and having some doors randomly electrify. Grilles randomly electrifying too. Even the AI gets new laws and if it happens during a gentic experiment....acciedents will happen. And not the dieing type of accidents.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: July 16, 2009, 04:23:27 am »

So, what should be the next update? Mess Hall? Another re-vamped area? Genetic additions? Randomized Backstory?

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: July 16, 2009, 04:27:11 am »

So, what should be the next update? Mess Hall? Another re-vamped area? Genetic additions? Randomized Backstory?

I believe a poll is in order.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 950