Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804588 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #2625 on: July 14, 2009, 03:57:26 am »

What bullshit is that? First of all, monkeys are players. Player start at their working place, with all items, and THEN become monkeys.. Dropping all teh items. Includng cards.
Monkeys can use batons, tasers, they can wear gasmasks and oxy tanks, and they cna use ID cards.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 14, 2009, 04:47:12 am »

When you say timeline, you mean backstory don't you? Can't we generate one for the station and each crewmember at random every round?

Not for the crewmembers (one: too hard, two: breaks RP), but it should be easy enough for the station. I just need some blurbs of text, such as how was the station made, what happened (mostly, 1 to 3 big events), and what brings us to the present. I could do a whole timeline too, as long as people give me data.

Example: -Founding: The station was built as a cooperation between the super-powers of Earth. Blablabla
             -Event 1, realated to founding: Nothing happened, all was well.
             -Event 2, related to event 1; But then, racism and shit sent the station to shit, and after a on-board war, *insert country here* took control of the station.
              -Event 3: But then the AI went insane, the station was Evac'd, and *insert country here* sent a strike team to disable it.
              -Present, related to event 3: A new AI was shipped, all is well.

This, would be randomly picked in a list of possible histories. It would work ala Choose your Own Adventure, except with less choose and more random. Any feedback?

Also, nice semi-official history, but I hate this plasma thing. PLASMA IS THE FOURTH STATE OF MATTER GODDAMIT NOT SOME RANDOM MOLECULE.

*internet cut in the middle of the post for the night, don't mind my ramble*

Also, about the things that need to be done ASAP: ALREADY DONE! In V5-3 with no toxins, but done! Well, except Number 3.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 14, 2009, 06:43:11 am »

I agree on the plasma, I always assumed they just thought of it when they wanted the really dangerous gasses to be visible. (hydrogen gas and methane aren't) It's also funny when people get confused about the bags with blood plasma in medical.

Does starting as or getting bitten by a monkey give you an RP message that you're a super-intelligent zombie monkey trying to take over the world? The first time I was a monkey I understood it wrong and just threw noisy objects around the room and went "Ook" at people.

I think it's a good idea to have a backstory with a lot of disasters happening to this and other stations. The "Oh no! How could this happen?" is getting a bit old and it would provide a reason for all staff to be well trained for emergencies and suspicious of [insert enemy group] activity.

Floirt, could you explain what you mean when you say random crewmember stories would break RP? I wasn't thinking of a complete history but more of mini-missions or motivations. Preferably job related. For example, the janitor could have a 5% chance of being angry for having been turned down for a higher position and 3% chance of being obsessive about cleaning every dirty corner of the station. The chaplain could insist no one should be revived or cremated and that all remains have to be shipped back to earth in a coffin.
An example:
"The stupid arrogant heads and captain turned down your application for engineer and assigned you to be a janitor despite of your excellent credentials. Make them pay for it by cleaning the floors so good they'll slip. Don't risk making people fall who are going about saving the station and by extension, your life and job"

Some better explaination for the traitor's mission and motives could help too. He just got a video from masked men holding his children captive who said they would kill them if he didn't bring them an expiremental high-tech laser pistol. Or he's been a sleeper agent for very long and has just gotten the encoded message that the station needs to be destroyed. There could be a correlation between specific missions and different terrorist groups.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:27:21 am by Giant Snowman »
Benzene on steam.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 14, 2009, 08:33:37 am »

By "breaking RP", I mean forcing someone to RP someone he was NOT planning to RP. Why can't you just be a happy janitor? Why can't you be an ammnesiac captain? Why can't you be a cool, bad-ass chaplain? Why can't you be a blood-thristy maniac syndicate? That is all.

Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2629 on: July 14, 2009, 09:40:15 am »

Perhaps a character setup option to enable potential backstory objectives?
Eh?
Eh!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 14, 2009, 09:50:50 am »

You're on to something. It would be like the "Be Syndicate" option, only with suggested RP objectives? It's not like we are going to enforce them much.
Hmmm. However, I don't really see how a "dynamic" one would be. (ie, with names of on-board crewmen). I'll fiddle around with the target system for Syndicates, and try to apply it to everyone.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 14, 2009, 10:19:00 am »

Added wall graphic.
Does it look better or worse?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 14, 2009, 10:21:05 am »

the new wall graphics are a little confusing, the re-inforced one looks fine, but the regular one looks a little.... odd...

if it has a little more detal though, it would be perfect.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 14, 2009, 11:40:03 am »

A note on the "start" floor: Actually, the one in the regular SS13 is the plain 'ol medbay one! Just that it has the object that permits entering the game.
In fact, the goons stripped that out of the start zone: You had to press "ready", THEN "enter" when on a begin pad.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 14, 2009, 12:22:05 pm »

I converted the "old" wall, and still need a new one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:18 pm »

I really don't like your textures. They look EXTREMELY undetailed and blocky. The old goonstation textures we're using now are perfectly fine. Why change them?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:11 pm »

I think they look clean, Yanlin, I myself like them alot more. Plus I'm bored of the same old floor and walls we look at every day.

Also, to everything else since my last post. To be short- Yes, I agree.  ;D

Server is up.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 14, 2009, 12:50:31 pm »

We can always do a bad recolor with stickmen and badly drawn stuff, too!  :P

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 14, 2009, 01:07:48 pm »

Solution:
Area overlays. A single pixel coloured border denoting the location.
This works for both wall types, as it would be an overlay, so it would be very easy to add new area types and distinguish player-made walls.
It seems that /turf does not support direct overlays, so it would be an object.

Edit:
Combinations:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:25:29 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 14, 2009, 01:26:54 pm »

Awesome sauce. Now we can paint walls! (Nota: There's a paint object in ye olde SS13 for some reason.  ???)
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 950