Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804637 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2009, 05:43:03 pm »

I have to ask. Is it normal to join a game, wander about for a minute or two, then drop dead? Seems these stations lack basic requirements such as air and walls.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2009, 07:14:49 pm »

If you join a game that's been in progress for a while, and you aren't experienced with SS13, yeah, that happens.  Did your O2 warning light come on?  It might have been very low on air, or very low on pressure.  If not, there might have been toxins in the air (toxin warning light), or excess CO2, or maybe even very superheated air (no fire warning light, but temperature warning gauge).

Joining in the middle of a game, you end up docking with a station that's probably already in the middle of a revolution, or has a rampant AI, or a natural disaster, or all three at once...

You very quickly learn that you want to get a gas mask, an oxygen tank, and wear that oxygen tank and set internals pretty quickly.  Also it can help to ask other people what the status is, and if they say "West corridor is flooded with CO2!", get out of the west corridor...

Joining a fresh game is not nearly so bad :)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2009, 04:29:58 am »

You very quickly learn that you want to get a gas mask, an oxygen tank, and wear that oxygen tank and set internals pretty quickly

It is kinda a shame that Metagaming has become an official way to play the game.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2009, 05:40:32 am »

well, it is the only way to live. often half station will have no breathable air in no time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2009, 06:03:09 am »

well, it is the only way to live. often half station will have no breathable air in no time.

The problem is that the only way everyone grabbing oxygen makes ANY sense, since I have yet to see a Captain suggesting this, is if it turns out to be a common occurance.

Which can't be the case because otherwise it would be standard equipment you would likely have before you even get on the station.

It kinda makes me wonder if the creator is even working on the game anymore.

I mean Engineers have a good reason to have this equipment from the getgo or in the Engineering station itself since some of the ship's equipment can become blocked by high intensity heat that can burn your skin and lungs. It oddly enough it placed closer to a brig then where it would actually be useful.

Then again the only real explanation is that this should all explain why the station was doomed from the start. When they don't give people the equipment they need to do their job there there is obviously a problem.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2009, 09:58:56 am »

metagaming wouldnt ben needed if you didint have the greifers.

and the admins suck too, they really wont ban greifers. among thousands of other problems...they are almost anti-admins

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2009, 10:09:52 am »

You very quickly learn that you want to get a gas mask, an oxygen tank, and wear that oxygen tank and set internals pretty quickly

It is kinda a shame that Metagaming has become an official way to play the game.
Well, asking if there are any damaged areas that need fixing over the intercom is slightly less metagamey. The problem is is that it takes but a few minutes for a man in a space suit to render large chunks of the station uninhabitable if he knows what hes doing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2009, 11:14:11 am »

Well, here's another bad admin tale.

So here I am doctoring, healing people and shit. Saved 3 people from near death so far. 2 other lightly wounded.

So guess what the admin does. Kills me. I ask him why. He said I'm murdering people. I ask who I murdered, he says the name of a guy quite perfectly alive. His evidence? He was on the floor in medbay and I had blood on my clothes. (I was attacked by some crazy guy earlier.)

Latest story: Game starting, some random guy walks into my medbay lugging a booze cabinet demanding entrance. I don't let him. He breaks a wall and toolboxes me. Then he proceeds to not be banned. The game mode was not traitor.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2009, 12:31:24 pm »

and you probably don't know about when some people, as captain and AI, roleplayed nazis, killing everyone in sight calling them jews

i think it was something about some of us not being goons.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2009, 01:46:27 pm »

Welcome to public servers.

Anyways, really, an oxygen tank, even if not on, should probably standard :P Especialy for security and other high risk jobs. Its far to easy to get in trouble as an officer if you don't bring your own air along.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:13:35 am by Darkone »
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2009, 02:08:57 pm »

If we are going to go ahead with a game day, then we ought to see if we can get our own servers to kick out anyone who acts as a dick.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2009, 03:02:05 pm »

If we are going to go ahead with a game day, then we ought to see if we can get our own servers to kick out anyone who acts as a dick.
Don't kick me o_O
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2009, 03:08:10 pm »

i think it was something about some of us not being goons.

I think I will survive without the esteemed honor and title that comes from being emotionally detached and paying to view a forum.  ::)

I call dibs on the EVA suit.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2009, 03:44:44 pm »

I call dibs on being the medic. It's so damn fun.

Also, Geneva convention. Don't kill me. Killing me is a crime against humanity.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2009, 04:49:31 pm »

i can be genetist. with wiki, it isn't hard
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 950