Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808987 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12675 on: May 21, 2010, 08:01:03 pm »

A proper death sentence is the reason i sometimes play a docter, its awsome  :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: May 21, 2010, 08:02:40 pm »

It's difficult to do, I know, but it is your job as SO.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: May 21, 2010, 08:10:37 pm »

Ok, I made a branch for the new speech stuff, I think that is correct (to branch)?
It doesn't *work* as such currently, but there are no errors and it compiles fine, just incase you did not catch in the note, Persh's SVN is http://svn.slurm.us/public/spacestation13/branches/persh/isno/

Is all I need to do to get it on there? Branch and commit?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:16:32 pm by alfie275 »
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: May 21, 2010, 09:02:58 pm »

Course they need a  trial.

When did I say they didn't?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: May 21, 2010, 09:12:16 pm »

Well, I sort of assumed we were arguing about permanently (permanently being permanently) imprisoning someone. That's what this was about at the start, which I know because I started the argument.

I don't think anything that doesn't warrant admin action warrants arresting someone for the entire round.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: May 21, 2010, 09:23:13 pm »

You can have a good RP reason for anything, as it has been said.

For example, maaaybe the geneticist was trying to test on you without permission, and you threw a firegrenade at them. Valid RP reason = no ban. If you're moderating a RP-enforced game, you have to realize that murder/destruction/ect. is totally okay...as long as they have valid RP.

Hell, it's possible to have a good reason to blow up the entire station and not be banned...although you'd better have a heck of a good reason.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: May 21, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »

Yeah, but does that warrant locking someone in a small room with no access to anyone for the entire round without trying them, as is your job? That's my point.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »

Yes. They can suicide if they like anyways...since we can suicide by holding our breath and all....

wait, without trying them? I give people trials when I'm security...it's part of the rules, isn't it?

And as I said, I usually send em over to prison with some chemistry stuff anyways.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: May 21, 2010, 09:36:45 pm »

Yeah, the problem being, people can just hurl someone in jail without trial for the entire round. If, after a trial's finished, the sentence is life imprisonment, then it's okay (but the chemistry-prison route is preferable) but that's not the problem, the problem is people just slinging people in jail at the first sign of a crime and leaving them there.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: May 21, 2010, 09:40:04 pm »

Then the power of the Admin shall smite them?
I think we should make it a policy that all prisoners are let free if without a trial eventually, and then destroy the prison (or just place a RWall in the doorway...) as punishment. (fails if no admins on though...)

A timer would fail, people could just build a wall, set timer to forever, ect.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: May 21, 2010, 09:55:02 pm »

Perhaps we have different baystation experiences, but i've never once seen a prisoner left to rot in a cell for a entire round unless the station was undergoing some sort of crisis... Perhaps it is because those criminals are usually the cause of the crisis..
I completely agree that trials should take place [and i've participated in a few], but it just seems insanely unreasonable to expect a trial to take place while people are constantly dieing because of problems in the station... or any crisis is going on. Give me one good rationale why a security gaurd should not be trying to stop Criminal B from murdering again and they should instead be entertaining the prisoner... You really think that its somehow reasonable for a station in crisis to be organizing a trial [a HUGE undertaking] while theres people dieing or parts of the station being lost to lack of pressure or fires or god knows what?

Perhaps if there were more players it would be slightly reasonable to have enough people around to do a trial while others were trying to fix crisis problems.... [even though that still sounds freaken ridicoulous to me]... But on baystation its really rare for us to have a huge amount of players.

It really sucks that a criminal gets stuck in a cell with nothing to do for a round because a crisis is going on, but its far worse [and just stupid] to let a station and people die because your too busy concerning yourself with proper prisoner care... When shit goes down and people are dieing, that is ALWAYS your first priority, if its not, you are a psychopath, hands down.

I'm just trying to say this in response to 9/10 of the time i hear people complain while ingame [usally in ooc] about being left in the prison alone... I've watched them many a time get extremely angry at us for ignoreing him because were too busy trying to stop people from dieing or the station from exploding or something.... The rest of the time we always take the time to interact with them, throw up a trial [even if its closer to a military tribunal], and usually release them eventually...

Edit: also it can happen that someone is in jail and simply the security guards/HoS/HoP/Captain get all killed off, or atleast those that know of him being imprisoned get killed off....

And believe me, i can garantee you, if there is a bunch of murderers going around, and i catch one, and throw him in prison, if hes going to get auto-released by a timer, i would just kill him instead... because its way to unreasonable to expect someone to release someone who just endangered/killed crew members into a crisis situation.

P.P.S. i have been imprisoned for over a hour before, i wasn't angry or upset about it because people were dieing and all hell was breaking loose.. i wouldn't expect or hope for anything different.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:00:41 pm by Rift »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: May 21, 2010, 10:01:09 pm »

I'm not saying that a trial needs to take preference over the station ripping itself apart, I'm saying that it is not acceptable and will not be tolerated if you just throw a prisoner into the brig forever even if nothing is actually going on.

It's not like the adminhelp or PM system doesn't exist. There's a reasonable excuse for everything and if you have one, you're sweet.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: May 21, 2010, 10:01:34 pm »

Trials only need 3 people.
Not like anyone uses a jury when one does show up anyways.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: May 21, 2010, 10:09:43 pm »

We had a trial once, in my memory.

It was interrupted when the ship was assailed by a murderer.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: May 21, 2010, 10:50:07 pm »

I tried having a trial as the captain judge man.
I remained completly nuetral the whole round then asked for the jury to meet in private and reach a verdict, they killed everyone in the room then them selves for no reason.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 950