Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809295 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12480 on: May 17, 2010, 12:39:18 am »

Speaking of decompression, has it already been reported that the Chapel's mass driver is the most dangerous device on the station? I was chaplain one game and opened it three times. Once to test it out to make sure I knew how it worked, another time for a funeral, and a third time when the Head of Security asked me to eject a plasma-infected backpack. Every time the entire room exploded. Had to change my bloody clothes (literally bloody, not a euphemism) every time. Except the last time, in which our station engineer was knocked out. After making sure that he was okay, I left him there while the Head of Security and I went to confession.

We're in confession, he's talking about his time in the war, suddenly the doors fly open. He's like "What the hell"? And then we step outside and get swept toward the open door of the mass driver. Everything gets jammed in there. I try to close the door, but it won't work when I click (I imagine the decompression is keeping it open), and the only thing that keeps me from flying out of the station when I got sucked into the mass driver is the piano which is clogging it up (my bruise pack flies out of my hand and disappears, of course). Apparently, Urist McNoblelever (the station engineer who had come to the chapel to receive a cakehat I offered to him for 'winning the raffle' in the Chapel's newsletter, which I had made several copies of and distributed around the station for kicks and giggles) had been sucked out into space altogether while we were in confession.

Danny Larson, the HoS, finally managed to pull me out of the mass driver, strap me into a chair, and get an oxygen mask on me, but I died of blunt force trauma in his arms. He screamed "NOOO!" and then, as the station had been being destroyed for some other reason (maybe we accidentally killed the station, I never found a correlation), he took me to the escape pod bay where everybody was converging. He found out that he couldn't load corpses into the escape pod. Then the escape pod took off, either through his actions or not, and I was sucked out, where my body floated into space. A bug caused Danny Larson to fall out of his pod and die shortly after passing me.

It was pretty intense, especially since Larson and I had been having tense moments with eachother up until our story's climax, mostly in regards to my duties as a religious man and his duties as a security officer coming into conflict when I tried to give a murdered crewman last rites, so it made it all the more heartbreaking when I died in his arms.

I'm forgetting my point though: The mass driver in the Chapel is a death trap. Is there a way we can fix this?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: May 17, 2010, 12:49:45 am »

What about coding it so that the door is un-openable when the firing sequence is happening and so you cannot start a firing sequence until the door is closed? That should fix most of the problems. I'm not totally sure how decompression works, since am un-smart rarrr but the place should stabilize when the doors are shut, right? And if it doesn't, add a vent and have it automatically stabilize the atmosphere.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:51:23 am by Jackrabbit »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: May 17, 2010, 12:52:28 am »

I think part of the problem is that the door wouldn't close after I had opened it. And then it did inexplicably later on.

EDIT: The inner safety door, I mean.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: May 17, 2010, 12:55:43 am »

Well, clicking the door opens it for a lot longer than just walking into it does.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: May 17, 2010, 12:56:23 am »

The outer safety door is activated via computer, though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57:09 am »

Oh, I see. Yeah, that strikes me as a problem.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: May 17, 2010, 01:06:12 am »

I still recommend we add atmospheric shields around the station, like we talked about before, not only for solving many killer decompression problems, but if those engines die, station is in great danger. Plus, 'bombing shield generator core' is a phrase I want to hear many times.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12487 on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:37 am »

So, what is that poll supposed to mean? I don't quite get it... it's been there for centuries now. Why do so many people want some randomly-generated backstories for characters, rather than a "revamped area" which sounds like map tinkering?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:16 am »

They do everything in order of what less people want, apparently, since the map now looks almost unrecognizable since when I first started two or three months ago.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: May 17, 2010, 01:16:05 am »

Only Broose can change it, and, well, he was banned.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: May 17, 2010, 03:23:05 am »

When I said the station didn't support it, I meant more like it wasn't built with decompression in mind, so it's not well-equipped to support the gameplay.  We have a new station in early-stage development.

As an aside, here's what you have to incorporate into the map:

*All the normal rooms
*Maintenance Accesses
*Power cabling to all areas of the station
*Computer network cabling everywhere
*The elevators
*The Shuttles
*Fire suppression (firedoors, sprinklers)
*Atmospherics control
*The security cameras
*Atmos Monitoring
*External Access
*Access to the escape pods
*Meteor Shielding
*And More!
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #12491 on: May 17, 2010, 03:46:23 am »

Instead of the sprinkler system, which was laggy and ineffectual to begin with, can we have halon gas dispensers to protect critical areas from fires?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:18 am »

Fun begins around 4pm GMT -07 Mountain Standard time
(Server will be up, this time lasts for a period of 2 weeks before I get off school and can host more)
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: May 17, 2010, 09:34:28 am »

Instead of the sprinkler system, which was laggy and ineffectual to begin with, can we have halon gas dispensers to protect critical areas from fires?

Halon dispensers would be just as laggy and they'd blow everything around, too  ::)
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12494 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:22 am »

Then maybe alter the minimum airflow for heavier objects required to push them. Opening a single empty turf probably shouldn't cause enough air movement to to affect more than nearby paper, except possibly in a single-tile corridor, and even then it should only push light objects. I haven't seen what it is currently, but from what people are saying, maybe things move too often.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 950