Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809339 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12450 on: May 15, 2010, 05:14:15 pm »

Yeah, our zombies automatically have a chance to bite with any attack save a help or grab, but its only a low chance of infection. Does need to be upped, or zombie speed needs to be normallized.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: May 15, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »

Ok, so, first, the game is REAAALLLY laggy. Its never been this bad before. Calling the shuttle, the timer is way off. About 2 seconds pass before it passes one. Very bad.

Second, zombies are really weak. They should be able to take down AT LEAST a lone assistant, I dont know what the injection rate is, but its too low, 4 bites on 4 people, 0 more zombies. I even stopped biting one guy, I don't know why, I kept using disarm on him but it stopped. The scary zombies of yesteryear are no longer there, if one laser gun can kill a zombie, and one zombie cannot twoshot someone not wearing any armor with a lucky claw attack.

And they regen too slowly too. =P
You can actually KO a zombie with two shots of a laser gun, which is really ridiculous.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: May 15, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »

Zombies are good if they stick together and know how to be zombies. Whenever I get everyone on my side coordinated, zombie or human, we kick *** throughout the entire station. This has only happened once for each side. Every other time results in one person not listening to me and somehow dooming us all.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: May 15, 2010, 05:39:24 pm »

I've taken out 10 zombies, working together, by myself, as the HoM. Went AFK in my locker, came back to the station overrun. Put on my All outta gum shades, and started taking names. So yeah, zombies need a boost.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: May 15, 2010, 06:04:04 pm »

Impossible, 10 zombies working together could easily rip some holes in the wall then hide in a room until you run out of air, or clog up the hallways from both sides, or turned the fire alarm on and swarmed you. But yeah if they can be taken down in 2 shots then they need a buff.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: May 15, 2010, 06:32:19 pm »

Well, that was part of the problem. Laser guns have a very long range in the hallways, so even blindfiring I was sure to hit some if they clogged up. Granted, I didn't put too much of a dent into them, maybe one or two dead, until I hit up chemistry.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: May 15, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »

Not be able bite == infected
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: May 15, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »

Yeah.  Incendiary grenades are an instant win against zombies.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12458 on: May 16, 2010, 03:01:17 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure Qwerty was working on a system that would take small "rooms" randomly (making sure they have all the important features!), and connect them randomly to make a complete, workable station, with atmos + networking +power.

"small" can be any size, even up to a full map.

When it loads a map module, it replaces all of the turfs in the XxYxZ box, but simply adds items to what might already be there.

As for how random it can be, that depends on the mappers. The simple example(and one I have got working) is sometimes replacing a random bedroom with a murder scene. A creative mapper could do something a hundred times better.

As it is right now, you can use it to pick a random version of a room(maybe have 3 chapel themes, pick one randomly at game-start?), shuffle preselected rooms(what bathroom is the executives' today?), or a combination where it first picks a room for each marker and then shuffles them(murder bedroom: one room in the bedroom group has a 1 in N chance of being a murder scene, and the locations are shuffled afterwards)

Currently, there is no system for automatically connecting new pipes mid-game, so at the moment, if a command to load a map were implemented, it would have problems with pipes but otherwise work.

Also, just because it is probably a good thing, I am putting a tiny bit of effort into making a very minimal code-wise version, with only object definitions so it would be worthless for anything but mapping or testing new icons from the map editor, but can't do anything in-game.
Eh?
Eh!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: May 16, 2010, 03:04:41 pm »

Sounds complicated but the possibilites could be VERY cool.I have access to a gaming computer this weekend so i cant wait for that.. Seeyz there.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: May 16, 2010, 03:05:47 pm »

IF you do that, qwerty, I'd recommend including the actual map file used, since that way people can see how stuff is done in the real map (and can copy/paste things like the pipes/teg/etc.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

NEOPhyte

• Bay Watcher
  • Fisto: For all your punching needs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: May 16, 2010, 03:54:23 pm »

So, with the noticeable lack of server, I have come up with a crazy idea.

The Penny-Arcade server hasn't had any appreciable population on it for about a week now, which is a good indicator that the PA SS13 interest is hitting its hibernation phase. Assuming the host of said server is willing, unless the server lackage is due to the code being hideously unstable, he'd be able to host something resembling a permanent server.

Would this be something we'd be interested in, or would you prefer someone with proper ties to this community?
Note: It's entirely possible JDarksun will say no to hosting Bay Station 12, so this isn't a promise, just an idea.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: May 16, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »

Yeah that's not going to happen.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile