Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809200 times)

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12240 on: May 11, 2010, 09:11:41 pm »

There's gonna be trouble.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

ridley4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:22 pm »

By the way, is there a mapping pack I can get anywhere? I'd love to make a more realistic map for SS13 that isn't as vulnerable to the effects of rapid decompression.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:36 pm »

Get the open source version, and map away. If we all like it, someone (probably me) will port it..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: May 12, 2010, 12:12:57 pm »

Any chance of a server going up?
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Lugnut1206

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12244 on: May 12, 2010, 12:38:30 pm »

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum, even though I have been playing ss13 for about 2 years now. I'm willing to host your latest version officially if you want, even if you don't want me to do any admining, just host.
Thank you.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: May 12, 2010, 01:13:13 pm »

Oh, sure, let me just send over our closed source code to a complete stranger. As a welcome gift, I also sent you a new car, I know where you live because I am amazing.

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: May 12, 2010, 01:43:14 pm »

Weren't you hosting a knock off server a few days ago. No wait, I remember, you were the guy I told to shut the fuck up for calling everyone fags.
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: May 12, 2010, 01:44:54 pm »

:-\

Although we might not want to give it to him, it'd still be a nice idea to compile source with an edited MoTD and server title. Something like:

I AM HOSTING FOR BAY12, BUT I AM NOT TRUSTED ENOUGH TO HAVE THE SOURCE. YAY!

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lugnut1206

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:54 pm »

.....?
Fine with me.

Please understand, I'm not asking for flame, just a way to keep your server up when it isn't.

ridley4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: May 12, 2010, 02:18:22 pm »

quinnr: I can't quite find Persh's SVN (the closest thing I did gave me a big fat 404) anywhere, would you happen to have a copy of it or a non-dead link?

edit: Some more technical details on how the electrical/network cables work, as well as the way air ducts function would be a great help if I do decide to try making a map, unless the objs will inherently sort themselves out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:22:27 pm by ridley4 »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: May 12, 2010, 02:20:01 pm »

Hmm..I don't know.
Someone else might though,.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: May 12, 2010, 02:55:19 pm »

Man, this "ill host your source which you try to keep secret and i dont even know you" seems to be happening alot.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: May 12, 2010, 03:03:05 pm »

I'm just waiting for the point where strangers start propositioning us in return for being allowed the source before I get really worried.

ridley4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: May 12, 2010, 03:09:06 pm »

People want at our shiny new air code, what can you expect? Certainly it's a lot faster. I still remember though how at first it was just... gah. EVEN SNEEZING WAS SUICIDE. You sneeze and GET FLUNG THROUGH A WALL.

Man, those were that was the days day. It could be a fun little admin command, s'pose.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: May 12, 2010, 03:38:09 pm »

It is an admin command....almost.
We can edit the air variables. Make plasma kill you on touch, etc.

EDIT: We should just give out old source (before atmos) to non-trusted hosts. Errr...still semi-trusted. NOT people that show up with one post. Or 5 posts.
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 950