Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809109 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12180 on: May 10, 2010, 12:35:11 am »

May I suggest at the minimum a doubling of pipe flow? Also, might be nice to Rwall the gas in and get a MUCH bigger supply of it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: May 10, 2010, 12:45:22 am »

Might it be better to have some kind of "emergency forcefield" that holds the atmosphere in, but doesn't stop people or items from passing through it? I know atmosphere loss is cool and all, but it seems like more people die from explosive decompression than traitors nowadays. Although one wonders how many traitors are *causing* stationwide decompressions (I know I did that once at least, to convince everyone (without suggesting it) that a shuttle ride was a Good Thing). It's not like it's hard.

I have seen this in a movie. That would be VERY cool

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:36 am »

They also had that in Mass Effect 2, it was pretty cool.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: May 10, 2010, 04:09:23 am »

They also have it in Star Trek. And Star Wars. And everything with the word 'Star' in it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

gvazdas

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoop da whoop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: May 10, 2010, 06:25:01 am »

Can I get access to bay 12 wiki? I can add new stuff.
It's a piece of crap, pretty much useless, and I need to spend my money in the smartest way.
I'll take it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12185 on: May 10, 2010, 06:25:27 am »

Or maybe just a new image on the door that clearly marks it not as a fire door, but as a door primarily designed to keep air in. Then decouple it from the standard alarm system. And prevent crowbaring. Maybe you have to click it to open a set of locks before the crowbar will work, and when you do, you get a warning message if there is low air on the other side.

As for pipes, maybe just find a way to have the pipe pump more effective? Have it force more contents at a time, and draw from whatever it is connected to as well as itself?
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: May 10, 2010, 08:50:23 am »

If someone feels like giving me code that I can make maps with (without jumping through 500,000,000,000,000 hoops (yeah thats 500 trillion for those with OCD), than I'll make a few. I am home from school today and I still have like 5 map plans.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: May 10, 2010, 11:53:49 am »

In that case, shouldn't they operate more like an air lock? So someone can get through to do repairs without sucking everything out of the station?

Pathos

« Reply #12188 on: May 10, 2010, 11:59:18 am »

I personally suggest that airlocks should be able to be de/repressurised.

Like so:-

Code: [Select]
XXXXXX
XXSSSX
DI___O
XXXCXX

X=Wall
S=Siphon
I=Inner Airlock
O=Outer Airlock
C=Console on wall
D=AI operable door, for sealing off the ship
_=Floor

Someone interacts with the console and chooses whether to depressurise or repressurise the room. This sets the siphons off (instead of having to interact with the bastard things manually) and closes both the airlocks. Airlocks should be unopenable otherwise (except with hacking, obviously) and the AI shouldn't be allowed to touch them (have the console within a closed circuit).

In order to open the airlocks with the console, the room must be either pressurised or depressurised (depending on the airlock) and you must have the correct authorisation needed to use the console (probably maintenance).

Voila, semi-perfect airlock.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:02:19 pm by Pathos »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: May 10, 2010, 12:01:59 pm »

In that case, shouldn't they operate more like an air lock? So someone can get through to do repairs without sucking everything out of the station?

Well, a double set of doors is an airlock, right? I didn't have the problem of decompression with only two tiles of air to lose (or maybe that was just luck). But yeah, an airlock that pumps to the side you come from, and then pumps from the side you want to go to, untill the air pressure is equal, and only then can you open the second door. With normal use, that is. One of these in plasma research would be usefull as well, send a person with a biosuit in without releasing even the tiniest bit of plasma. And leading to the test chambers inside atmos - after all, if something breaks inside, there should be a way to fix it. Even though airlocks for every test chamber would probably take up way too much space.

EDIT: Actually, what Pathos said :p. But not only depressurize - repressurize, also pump from and to both sides. So the plasma stays where it should stay, and isn't pumped out of the airlock and into the corridor when the chamber depressurizes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:03:50 pm by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: May 10, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »

When I was a traitor AI, I was having quite a lot of problems actually killing stuffs. Me thinks it has to do with networking.

1. The entire engine block is not controllable. Sure, you can go to cameras in there, but you cant control anything in there, doors, buttons, even switching cameras.

2. When bolted, airlocks close. So, that makes me sad. Depressurization required me to constantly reopen doors.

3. Networking : I tried for the first 15 minutes of the game to understand it, but I only got as far as copy pasting data packets to do commands. The wiki did help, but im still completely clueless. If someone could expand the wiki page(add more examples), or send me a msg, I be quite delighted.

In the end, I took too long to do anything. A bunch of griefers set off bombs, killing me, and ending my frustration. I didnt ban them, just kicked them, because it was slightly my fault, and they were honest. =/

"Edit" The first two glitches may actually be features, which makes the AI pathetically weak. Killing 80% of the crew was just not possible, atleast for the average AI.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: May 10, 2010, 12:43:28 pm »

When I was a traitor AI, I was having quite a lot of problems actually killing stuffs. Me thinks it has to do with networking.

1. The entire engine block is not controllable. Sure, you can go to cameras in there, but you cant control anything in there, doors, buttons, even switching cameras.

2. When bolted, airlocks close. So, that makes me sad. Depressurization required me to constantly reopen doors.

3. Networking : I tried for the first 15 minutes of the game to understand it, but I only got as far as copy pasting data packets to do commands. The wiki did help, but im still completely clueless. If someone could expand the wiki page(add more examples), or send me a msg, I be quite delighted.

In the end, I took too long to do anything. A bunch of griefers set off bombs, killing me, and ending my frustration. I didnt ban them, just kicked them, because it was slightly my fault, and they were honest. =/

"Edit" The first two glitches may actually be features, which makes the AI pathetically weak. Killing 80% of the crew was just not possible, atleast for the average AI.

1.) i'm pretty sure its a bug, not a feature, and yes, its really really annoying
2.) that is a known about bug, however while it appears closed it is actually bolted open[assumeing it was open when you droped the bolts], and will let the atmosphere out, it may appear to you that it is not leaking very fast, and that would be true, airlocks let atmosphere out a lot slower then they used to, so a single open airlock doesn't let out that much that quickly.. to depresurize the entire station with say 4 airlocks open takes like 30 minutes...
3.)Yea... I havent really figured out networking 100% either..

However, as the AI i have helped a traitor [i was reprogramed] kill off the entire crew... although the last few he had to kill personally as they all had prepared for the whole.. everything being depressurized + me shocking doors and the like.. In addition its really easy to cut some network wires [if you have insulated gloves] and cut the ai from large portions of the station... if you actually knew what you were doing you might be able to cut the ai off from controlling anything outside its upload with 8 or so snips..
Also: temperature from a breach no longer kills a entire station, which makes it not so bad, and harder to kill with depressurization..

To tell you the truth, depressurization isn't all that scary anymore... it used to be i had 3-4 seconds to react to the depressurization or i would be dead.. now if you grab internals quickly and dont stand infront of doors, you are prefectly safe...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:47:50 pm by Rift »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: May 10, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »

A forcefield inside the airlocks would just be grand, and I do believe realistic (possible, just not today).
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: May 10, 2010, 03:02:47 pm »

Whats up with that quote on the wiki? Thats just kinda wierd...

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: May 10, 2010, 03:35:50 pm »

First of all, wiki URL?

And is there a server up? People keep putting up fakes, and I'm wary of them now.
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 950