Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808947 times)

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12090 on: May 07, 2010, 06:25:28 pm »

So, as a reminder, theft =/= murder. Also, Theft does not mean you can kill the thief.

Neither does this mean you can take the law into your own hands*, or weld into lockers**, or otherwise incapacitate the poor man for the rest of the round*** because he borrowed a lab-coat or other non-critical loose item.****

What the hell is wrong with you spazztards people.

*we have redshirts for that.
** engineers
*** genetics
**** anything that is not a piece of armor, ID card, oxygen tank, medical supply, or potentially volative substance.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:29:26 pm by Cajoes »
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: May 07, 2010, 06:29:10 pm »

In your scheme, people could just go around "borrowing" tools and performing useful tasks!

MADNESS
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: May 07, 2010, 06:32:23 pm »

If possible, could I get a coder on. I have an idea of what I'm doing, but as we have learned with Headswe random people, ideas are very dangerous.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: May 07, 2010, 06:34:19 pm »

Err..semi-coder on their way.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: May 07, 2010, 06:58:23 pm »

Anyone know how to stop byond from auto closing out?

When downloading something for about 15 minutes, and I do not click it, it auto exits. If I click it occationally, it sometimes loads....

This might have to do with games restarting.

Nevertheless, is there a fix for this?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: May 07, 2010, 07:36:25 pm »

If possible, could I get a coder on. I have an idea of what I'm doing, but as we have learned with Headswe random people, ideas are very dangerous.

What ya mean with that?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: May 07, 2010, 07:51:13 pm »

Uberblood (which was added by Googol, BTW). That is all.

EDIT:
About the double traitor incident:
Some people are mad because I made a second traitor (or something to do with that). So here is my side of the story:
User logs in, SOMEONE keeps saying how he should go read a guide instead of asking on OOC. (really, I know how he feels. Jumphopping between BYOND games really shows you which games are community friendly.) Then he says something about something that happened in RL, and a couple users flame him. One person even said "(username), tampon goes in vagina. " Of course OOC was turned off, but really, we should be nicer to newbies who enter the server. All of us were new once. He said via adminhelp that "This game was not really for him", ect. (He even suggested one of those thousand bleach games.)

So I traitorized him so he could see that our game does not suck once you actually step foot in the station. His goal "Destroy the Station", may not have been too creative, but there isn't many things that a newbie can do. Including "Destroy the Station". I revived him when he stepped out into space (something I would do for any newbie, I might add). He killed one person before he died, who was revived because they were the real traitor.

Anyways, that is my side of the story. Googol and I have agreed to lower my rank to Primary Admin temporarily, which is fine with my as long as I can

a.) Observe Users.
b.) Ban griefers.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:38:52 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: May 07, 2010, 09:45:45 pm »

Did you *tell* the playerbase before doing this? =P Other than that, seems fine to me. Might want to ban the person who tried to insult them, though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: May 07, 2010, 09:49:22 pm »

Tell them that I'm making a traitor?

Anyways, I told the insulter that they should try to be nicer to the newbies, but not a ban.
If I see people acting like that to the newbs, or any user for that mater, they will meet Mr. Banhammer.

Hmm...we need an item that kicks people when they are hit with it.
Then we could teleport to them and SMACK them.

Also, I admit that I could've given him a better goal.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:50:59 pm by quinnr »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: May 07, 2010, 09:53:19 pm »

To admin prison you go! AHAHAHAHA

How ever, deadly serious you have a point. Getting into the game as a newbie looks very hard as every one exspects everyone to know everything and if they do a single thing wrong ingame its called out as bad RPing. I think the Camp of newbie tollerance needs to be called in for this one.

And the ban hammer would be awsome till the admin gets killed.... Then we have problems

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12100 on: May 07, 2010, 10:03:36 pm »

Editing lists is not fun.

Also, why do the file and icon types even exist for modifying vars? Both require the user to upload it from their own computer... (and neither has a cancel button)
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: May 07, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »

It explodes in the hand of a non-admin.

Editing lists is not fun.

Also, why do the file and icon types even exist for modifying vars? Both require the user to upload it from their own computer... (and neither has a cancel button)
Cancel button = don't pick a file to upload?
Also, don't remove them. They allow for new food items to be added during a round. :D)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: May 07, 2010, 10:10:47 pm »

There is NO cancel button in the pick file dialogue.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: May 07, 2010, 10:42:14 pm »

There, what I hope is a satisfactory in-game list editing system added to the regular variable editor.

You may now edit door access(door->req_access->edit as a list->new entry->text(or is it num?), then enter the new number you want added)
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: May 08, 2010, 12:39:22 am »

Thank you qwerty! :D
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 950