Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804646 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2009, 06:37:17 pm »

They get very unhappy when you start bringing out-of-game stuff into their game.  They REALLY don't like it when people who are friends OOC start working together ICly

This is actually a bit of bad roleplaying right here.

Generally speaking in roleplay your supposed to be allowed to roleplay a backstory where you very well could be friends especially with the HIGHLY contextless game like Space Station 13. It doesn't mean however that friends have to be oblivious to the modes of play, being on the Traitor's side because he is a friend is just silly, it only means that roleplaying shouldn't mean that friends cannot also be friends in the game.

But apperantly these games work in some sort of reverse space time vacuum.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2009, 06:40:32 pm »

Well, there's "working together" and then there's "we are playing our own little game on your server that's all about our community, hey let's build a dwarf fortress off the side here".
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »

Well, there's "working together" and then there's "we are playing our own little game on your server that's all about our community, hey let's build a dwarf fortress off the side here".

When your kinda antangonistic to all forms there is a problem.

Then again Space Station 13s reaction to simply using "..." should pretty sum up how the average game host thinks: They are all in anger management!

(I really got to get over my first time... but DANG it was horrible! Heck they were horrible and I already roleplay online elsewhere and have a much better time)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:55:03 pm by Neonivek »

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2009, 09:48:45 pm »

Can anyone experienced give us a guide on the more complicated stuff?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2009, 02:36:37 am »

ok ive been playing for a few days and thx to me amazing learning skills have found a ton of stuff out

things you will need to know

ALWAYS have crowbar

dont need box unless you want to carry lots of small things that will take time to unpack and repack

fire extinguisher, click once to turn saftey off (can see by examining) then click where you want to spray

handcuffs, click and drag someone onto your guy, a screen will popup, look at bottom and click on "not handcuffed" while there are handcuffs in your hands

the map is basically a circle with 2 lines jutting out of it on the left for space shuttle exits

EARMUFFS MAKE YOU DEAF! DONT WEAR THEM!

anyfurther questions ask here

http://ss13.donglabs.com/index.php?title=Main_Page very nice wiki on smaller stuff

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2009, 06:20:09 am »

I saw Micro, he did retarded stuff, but...

Anyways, guide to reviving people correctly, because the Wiki sucks on that:
-Step 1: Get corpse.
-Step 2: Bring it to Genetics. Break in if no one has accreditation or what have you.
-Step 3: Strip the corpse of all things, by clicking on him, and dragging the cursor back to you, and clicking all the stuff that appears in the menu.
-Step 4: Set your intent to "Grab". Click on Corpse, click on DNA Modifier.
-Step 5: Click on the DNA Console.
-Step 6: Click on View/Edit Buffers. See the three buffers? Well, we are going to save your corpse's DNA to 2 of them. Just click on UI+UE and SE under them.
-Step 7: Now, we are going to revive it. Check the Radiation Emitter Menu, set it on 1/1.
-Step 8: Click on "Modify structural enzymes". Set the block to 14 and sub-block to 1.
-Step 9: Use radiation to modify that block. Radiation it until the particular number reads over 8 or a letter. Your corpse is now alive, but a monkey.
-Step 10: Go back to the buffer menu, inject the SE buffer to the occupant. Your monkey is now human.
-Step 11: Inject the UI+UE. Your human is now back to his original form.

Tadaa. Note that using buffers is necessary if you don't want your revived dude to have diseases or change radically of appereance and name.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2009, 11:03:01 am »

Here are some more advanced tips:
  • Gloves are important.  The prevent you from being caught if you're the traitor, and they prevent you from being framed if you aren't.
  • Optical Meson Scanners (the green glasses) allow you to see floors and walls obscured by darkness or beyond walls.  Thermal Imaging Scanners (I forget the name; the red ones) let you see people in the dark or on the other side of walls.  Sunglasses (duh) protect you from flashes.
  • The proper job of a janitor is to wash the floors near important or high-traffic areas.  To avoid slipping, change your movement speed (the tab below targetting) to walk, the second button.
  • Good areas to target for attacks are the head and crotch.  Crotch hits temporarily stun them, head hits can knock them out.  If they are wearing a helmet, target the eyes or mouth for similar effect.
  • ALWAYS wear insulated gloves when working with electricity.  It's just dumb to do otherwise.
  • You can use an oxygen tank when its in your hand, but it's better if you're wearing it on your back.  You can easily suffocate if you drop it because you were knocked down.  Generally, if you need an oxygen tank to walk around the station, you probably don't need your backpack anyway.
  • A good tip for security officers is to try to subdue and arrest criminals instead of using lethal force.  You weren't given a taser so you could pistol-whip them, and handcuffs are standard issue for a reason.  There are I believe a list of protocol for officers to follow; make sure you read it.  It makes the game more fun when people believe they won't get shot in the head for simply being accused of a crime.
  • Bombs heated by the engine are not fun.  Anything above 2,000 degrees will cause total destruction of the station; at higher temperatures you can even crash the game.  I'm pretty sure most admin will ban you for setting one off.
  • And finally, as the traitor, discretion is important, but taking too long will create a boring game.  Try to cause a little mayhem, perhaps disable a few rooms, break a few windows, maybe kill a guy and frame someone else - so long as it doesn't point to you, you're good.  Remember to be social, have an alibi, and if there's an AI, it's a good idea to send him on a snipe hunt while you do the dirty work.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2009, 11:07:08 am »

We need a better version of this game.
I will be talking to my engineering department.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:10:34 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2009, 11:27:55 am »

Right. Guys. I'm willing to give this game another crack if we'll get a Bay12 server up and running and organize a gaming night or something. This sounds too fun to be true. But as it stands, the UI is an uphill battle and the servers out there SUCK BALLS.

Hell I'd be happy if somebody could show me around and tell me how to play the bloody thing.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2009, 12:23:27 pm »

Well, yeah, the servers out there kinda suck at the moment. Mostly because of noobs not wanting to learn anything (god I just saw a geneticist trying to revive someone with rejuvenators).

That would be awesome if we could all get on our own server and play a game. Maybe on a weekend? I'm available from 10 AM to 21:30 PM, GMT +1.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2009, 03:14:59 pm »

Is the Goonstation 13 source available, or is only the older original SS13 source available? If Goonstation source is available, could someone post a link please?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2009, 03:19:34 pm »

god I just saw a geneticist trying to revive someone with rejuvenators

The fact that this is an example of noobishness tells me something is wrong.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2009, 04:51:55 pm »

We need a better version of this game.
I will be talking to my engineering department.

Ok, looks like I'm learning C++.
What am I getting myself into?

First of all, I'm moving it to mars and it's going to be much, much better.

Here's the thread:
http://www.2funnyguys.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=252

About the name:
The Greek name for Mars was Ares, god of chaos and conflict.
He was, naturally, the distant ancestor of the Spartans.
Whereas this ship goes in the wake of the partially successful ARES mission.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2009, 05:15:30 pm »

Neo|Fite, Flame, and a bunch of other IRC'ers as well as myself play on the Penny Arcade server, as my experience with public servers is that they're SHIT. The one that I was told has 'good admins' had no admins on a for a fair stretch of time, and even when he did get on, didn't even ban a guy who was literally named "Griefy McGriefer".
Not to mention that very few of them were at all mature, and most of them couldn't play their characters worth a crap.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »

didn't even ban a guy who was literally named "Griefy McGriefer".

What are you, the name police?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 950