Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808003 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11625 on: April 30, 2010, 10:38:32 am »

When making your character, in the character sheet, where is says "Syndicate?" make sure it's set to "no"

Thats a tad harsh isint it?

Not at all actually, it was my second game, and I had actually meant to switch that option but just forgot. It'd hard to create Havoc when still struggling to mop a friggin' floor. On that note, someone asked me at one point during the game why my hands were bloody, the answer, I hit myself in the face with the mop at one point...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: April 30, 2010, 10:41:22 am »

That reminds me of the time the janitor killed himself by bashing his chest open repeatedly with a bucket.

Also, janitors, the biohazard suit isn't meant to be your uniform, it's meant for you to go clean up hazardous areas... it annoys me when the janitor is walking around with that suit on when it's not necessary...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: April 30, 2010, 11:00:05 am »

Well, see, I figured a janitor moping the hallways in a biohazard suit would look rather suspicious...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: April 30, 2010, 11:03:15 am »

When making your character, in the character sheet, where is says "Syndicate?" make sure it's set to "no"

Thats a tad harsh isint it?

Not at all actually, it was my second game, and I had actually meant to switch that option but just forgot. It'd hard to create Havoc when still struggling to mop a friggin' floor. On that note, someone asked me at one point during the game why my hands were bloody, the answer, I hit myself in the face with the mop at one point...
Next time I'm on, you can get the Newbie Tour!©
Includes invisibility and invincibility. The previous newbie tours have had issues with maniac killer traitors.

Also, try to ask for help with stuff via OOC. If it's traitor related, adminhelp.
We can help create a traitor team when someone new is traitor. Also, you never learn if your never the traitor! And if syndicate is off...you can never be a syndicate in nuke mode!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: April 30, 2010, 11:33:38 am »

Ahh, thanks. Actually used adminhelp a good deal, and they were rather helpful with ideas and the likes.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: April 30, 2010, 01:00:24 pm »

Hey guys?  A "Critical" Byond update was released, and you're going to have to upgrade since support for any version of Byond prior to the latest version (467) is going to be phased out due to security concerns.

Just sayin'
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: April 30, 2010, 01:40:55 pm »

I have a question.
If SS13 its  so popular that it has most discuted topics on lots of gaming boards like facepunch or penny arcade, why there was none try to recreate something simmilar in this genre? "Sesion based rpg in a sandbox enviroment?" Damn it even sounds cool.

Another great question might be why you still see things like "I get poisoned every time I open a door unless I'm clutching a toolbox" if we've had everyone working on this for ages.

Yeah yeah parallel development with no communication. But no single good version has come out?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: April 30, 2010, 02:03:02 pm »

Why do you see things like that?  Because we're not perfect and we aren't going to be able to fix every single bug right away.  Also, define what a "good" version of SS13 is

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: April 30, 2010, 03:00:19 pm »

^ This.

Also, use the bug tracker if you find bugs.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: April 30, 2010, 04:04:18 pm »

Im not updated on whats happening, but what happened to that awesome air pressure system? Im really sad its gone...:(
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: April 30, 2010, 04:12:00 pm »

Any reason that attempting to change the game-mode results in instant poisoning?

Because regardless of the outcome, it reboots the game ruining the round for people.  Hence it became punishable I guess.  Typically I try to remember to disable round voting after round start to prevent people from disabling themselves.

Also, nice Jack.  A tiny bit of preperation and you would've won.  That sort of situation really sucks.  "If only I had a [blank]".
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: April 30, 2010, 05:00:33 pm »

Im not updated on whats happening, but what happened to that awesome air pressure system? Im really sad its gone...:(

The air pressure system is still there, but head's deliberately using an outdated server copy because we're still smoothing out bugs with the atmos and network systems.  Don't worry, once everything's ready you'll see some cool updates :)

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11637 on: April 30, 2010, 05:23:26 pm »

Any reason that attempting to change the game-mode results in instant poisoning?

Because regardless of the outcome, it reboots the game ruining the round for people.  Hence it became punishable I guess.  Typically I try to remember to disable round voting after round start to prevent people from disabling themselves.

Also, nice Jack.  A tiny bit of preperation and you would've won.  That sort of situation really sucks.  "If only I had a [blank]".

So why not disable it while a round is in progress? Or make it not restart if the people choose to stick around. Seems like a bit awkward way to discourage change/votes. Especially since it not only doesn't work. But it cripples you too.

Also: Air pressure system will be in use once SNEEZING stops killing people instantly by propelling them into a bulk-head.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: April 30, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »

Also: Air pressure system will be in use once SNEEZING stops killing people instantly by propelling them into a bulk-head.

Sounds like a feature to me.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: April 30, 2010, 05:38:34 pm »

So why not disable it while a round is in progress? Or make it not restart if the people choose to stick around. Seems like a bit awkward way to discourage change/votes. Especially since it not only doesn't work. But it cripples you too.

It has a "Are you really sure you want to do this" window, which kinda works as a warning.
I believe its fine the way it is, Change mode votes are only started to force everyone to restart anyway.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 950