Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808005 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11610 on: April 30, 2010, 03:09:18 am »

Wheres the server gone? Or if its not gone and my internet is STILL rebeling could i get the adress

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: April 30, 2010, 03:10:45 am »

Looking at an RL way of it, using something like that coupled with a radio would make some odd noises really.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It'd sound odd over the radio.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: April 30, 2010, 03:12:04 am »

Wheres the server gone? Or if its not gone and my internet is STILL rebeling could i get the adress
server is gone

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: April 30, 2010, 03:22:09 am »

Noticed it was just "gone" for me too.

its up again so yea. have fun.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: April 30, 2010, 03:23:36 am »

Big upgrade for goon here (10 Mb's or something)... Hmmm im scouting it out.

EDIT: Scouted its just more graphics upgrades and a cool upgrade where you need to wear a welding mask to stop your eyes from burning from arch welding
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:30:12 am by nuker w »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: April 30, 2010, 05:43:11 am »

I cannot believe it.

I actually am flabbergasted.

Written account forthcoming, because that was possibly the greatest traitor round ever.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: April 30, 2010, 05:52:50 am »

Jesus christ mother of god, WOW. That was.... SOMETHING. Totalterion captain, lieing first officer, betrayel, backstabing, Rebelion, death lines,catch lines... JESUS

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: April 30, 2010, 05:53:55 am »

Fidel Castro. I managed to honest to God quote Fidel Castro.

Jesus.

EDIT: here is an incredibly long log of the game. Don't have to read it if you don't want, it's just there until I upload the word file later.

http://textbin.com/1122m

Just so you know, I was actually on the escape shuttle itself before it left. Like, one tile into it, I'd literally just stepped on. I thought I'd make it... I thought I'd make it...

I misjudged the time and took too long indulging in a murder.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:01:22 am by Jackrabbit »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11618 on: April 30, 2010, 06:39:07 am »

For the prision station suffocation issue, why not simply make barred walls that work like 1-directional windows but allow airflow?

Further, use them on the monkey area, and they won't have problems either.

They should take more damage to break, but attaching/detaching them from the floor should be a longer process involving welding.
Eh?
Eh!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: April 30, 2010, 07:10:16 am »

Okay, so here's what happened in a nutshell.

I was the Head of Personnel, got traitor, quickly dialed up a suicide pill, a sleepy pen and a freedom implant, injected the implant and headed to the Lounge. I was supposed to kill George Fisher, Security Officer. Anyway, upon arriving at the lounge, this woman (Head's character) had taken the HoS' sandwich and he tased her. Seeing an opportunity for mischief, I ordered security to arrest him, as I'm outranked only by the captain. He pulls a laser pistol of all things and starts blasting away before we take him down good and proper, nonlethal like. Since we're now lacking a HoS, and the captain arrives on the scene, I seize the opportunity and ask if I can take care of the prisoner. Due to supreme luck, the Captain was roleplaying a totalitarian person who wanted to run the station with an iron fist and says yes, do what you need to do, go as far as you want to go when it comes to interrogation.

Perfect.

Down at the security headquarters, I convince George Fisher, the last remaining true security officer, to lock up the guy before we interrogate him. I do this because it means I get to take his headset off him, which means I can murder George right in front of the guy and then him as well without him being able to sound the alarm. Then, after the captain drops in and I convince him to leave, I ask George to come in and interrogate him as well. He does so, then just as he starts asking questions I knock him out, make him eat the pill and stuff him in a locker. I then proceed to question the guy, who it turns out went AFK upon being put in the brig. Okey dokey. I wait around a bit then start to strangle him, just as the captain walks in. I drop him before he can gasp and the captain realizes what I'm doing, then I tell him that I'm just interrogating him and suggest (hopefully) that I permanently dispose of him as a threat to station security. The captain, miraculously, agrees and I inform him that the other security guard is out patrolling. He nods and leaves. I strangle the now AFK guy, shove him in the same locker as I did George (meaning his body covered George's) and then weld the locker and space the both of them. The captain wouldn't miss the locker and besides, he'd probably congratulate me on ridding the station of him, if he found out. He may have, I don't know.

Anyway, the captain arrests the same girl who got shot at the start for calling him a fat asshole and also because he believes her to be in possession of stolen weapons. He hangs around a bit, excruciatingly, as I interrogate her, then leaves and instructs me to "do what I need to do". What I do is convince the girl (Head, you'll recall) that the captain has gone mad and already killed one prisoner, and there's been two other deaths (well, there will be, so it wasn't a total lie) and I suspected him. She agrees and I ask her to say nothing, then convince the Captain she was trying to turn me against him, so he comes down, presumably to order me to murder her (I never found out). I had my gun out before he came in, which sent him running out of the room. Luckily, since the prison had provided dangerous information on her various wrongdoings (hahaha) I had a good excuse for having it out, like if she was the traitor and had the freedom implant. He comes back in, I quickdraw, stun him, beat him half to death, knocking him out then cuff him. Then, out of sight of the prisoner, I grab him and start to choke him as he wakes up. Here's a transcript of what was said.
Me: "Hi sir!"
Captain: "You bastard...
Me: "Shut up, murderer. This is the only way. History will absolve me."
He dies shortly after. I stuff him in another locker, but I can't weld it or space it without the new security guard (who I recently promoted) getting suspicious. I then release the girl, who leaves without thanking me. I order the new security guard to patrol the corridors (I'm particularly proud of this little bit of bullshittery). Here's a transcript:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So that's removed any suspicion he had. I'm then accosted by the girl I just released whilst trying to call the shuttle. She wants the captain's ID card, and fires an entire cell of laser shots at me. Presumably she found the laser pistol she took and was arrested over. Luckily, I'm behind a door she can't get to (the bridge access door) and so security takes her down. Well done, that chap.

I call the shuttle and inform the crew of the situation. Murderer on the loose. Three people dead. Captain missing, presumed one of those dead. Get to the docking bay as soon as possible and stay there.

I head back to security, where Cogina (that was the girl's name, I remember now) is in the brig. I tell the new security officer to head down to the shuttle docking bay with his charged taser and protect the crew. Make sure they remain apart from each other, as they may be armed. He complies, probably glad I've got a handle on the situation.

I head into the brig and here's where I make the stupidest mistake ever. I head over to Cogina and enter her holding cell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I proceed to strangle her to death (I've been changing and disposing of gloves this whole time, by the way. It'd look like a suicide, common enough in the brig). I spend A FULL MINUTE AND A HALF STRANGLING HER. I didn't need to, she hit the 100% damage mark within 30 seconds and would have died on her own. I didn't notice, and I didn't stop until I was sure she was dead. I didn't even need to kill her, I just wanted her to know I don't take betrayal lightly. So then, with a minute to spare, I'm running for the shuttle. I'm really hungry and thirsty (goddamn it) so I'm running slower than usual, and I run into a locker someone dragged across the emergency airlock. Plus there's no air down there and I'd neglected to get internals. I run, open the door to the shuttle and just as I'm about to walk through it leaves and I fall into space and pass out. If I had not turned a corner too slowly on my run, if I hadn't been so sadistic, if I'd had a glass of goddamn water, I would have made it. I would have fucking made it.

God.

Damn it.

That was awesome.

Best round I have ever played. Ever. Period.

Permission to make a writeup of the event and post it on the wiki?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: April 30, 2010, 08:17:52 am »

Just do it any way, one if no one likes it just give it a link in a page about traitor storys, if they do keep it on the main page or what ever. And make shure you dolly it up etc. ;D

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11621 on: April 30, 2010, 09:54:19 am »

Any reason that attempting to change the game-mode results in instant poisoning?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: April 30, 2010, 09:55:02 am »

I have a question.
If SS13 its  so popular that it has most discuted topics on lots of gaming boards like facepunch or penny arcade, why there was none try to recreate something simmilar in this genre? "Sesion based rpg in a sandbox enviroment?" Damn it even sounds cool.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: April 30, 2010, 10:01:34 am »

There've been a couple, go look on BYOND.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: April 30, 2010, 10:17:54 am »

I didnt meant on byond. I mean just take inspiration and make something similar on some random engine. There are games that had been made by really talented people, so why not something like this? I mean the concept is pretty old and its fun.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:24:06 am by kulik »
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 950