Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807984 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11325 on: April 27, 2010, 03:46:01 am »

I'll tell you what, the supply officer's access needs to be ... adjusted. Apparently his job consists of going nowhere, being allowed to have no items, and futzing around with supply orders only (but not the com dish, because he doesn't have access to that). :P

I had to construct an elaborate ruse about the AI being rogue, and then a vote was called and the round restarted while I was in the middle of killing my target with a flamethrower. D:

(On the plus side, you can requisition insulated gloves. And then wait a while for them to arrive.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:52:16 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: April 27, 2010, 03:56:25 am »

Yeah, being allowed no items isn't a huge restriction when you realize you can order quite a few items.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: April 27, 2010, 04:03:19 am »

How's it people? I did the chemist page PROPERLY this time so its up for show now

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: April 27, 2010, 04:24:41 am »

I will write a style guide tomorrow.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: April 27, 2010, 04:52:20 am »

Yeah, I had to rewrite your page quite a bit there, nuker.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: April 27, 2010, 05:56:20 am »

For chemistry we need to add shells for grandes to the game.
Calcium+carbon - CalciumCarbonate shell
CalciumCarbonate shell + *whatever*grenade mixture = *whatever*grenade?

Ok I know almost nothing about chemistry I just want a shell for the grenades, so if this is unreal dont taunt me please its a game after all, right?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:33 am »

Ok, I've read the getting started in the wiki, downloaded the byond client, so, what server do I want to play on? I noticed the Bay12 testing server, is that the only server from these boards?

I cant believe no one responded to this! Shame on you Bay12ers, SHAME ON YOU.

Anyway, we are the Bay12 ones. It just says testing server because we are constantly adding new things, and it just kind of stuck. You probably see like 5 goon servers also, which are alright, but you have a good chance of being griefed from my experiences. Also, for your first few games, try to blend, dont do anything out of the way, learn the RP that we have created. Think of it as the first few days on a job.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11332 on: April 27, 2010, 06:32:01 am »

I'll tell you what, the supply officer's access needs to be ... adjusted. Apparently his job consists of going nowhere, being allowed to have no items, and futzing around with supply orders only (but not the com dish, because he doesn't have access to that). :P

I had to construct an elaborate ruse about the AI being rogue, and then a vote was called and the round restarted while I was in the middle of killing my target with a flamethrower. D:

(On the plus side, you can requisition insulated gloves. And then wait a while for them to arrive.)

What is needed, I think, is that *something* must be 100% locked out until the dish has been connected. Maybe say that certain systems require constant contact with CentCom for security reasons and will cease to function until connected at least once. As it is, the only things it is really needed for ar less used facets of gameplay(unless the emergency shuttle requires the dish to be aligned, too?)

*Something* important must fail to work long wnough to get someone to go bother with the dish, and it must be something that they care about. The supply officer has an incentive, but doesn't have the access, to get it working. However, if they are traitor or rev, then they can't really risk drawing attention to themselves by asking.

Maybe the AI should be locked out at first, if they can even use it, to give regular humans a reason to go there themselves.

Also, an idea for a random event: Disturbances in the orbit cause the station to spin a bit before it can stabilize. This picks a random angle and adds it to both the sun and required dish alignment.
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: April 27, 2010, 08:34:50 am »

What is needed, I think, is that *something* must be 100% locked out until the dish has been connected. Maybe say that certain systems require constant contact with CentCom for security reasons and will cease to function until connected at least once. As it is, the only things it is really needed for ar less used facets of gameplay(unless the emergency shuttle requires the dish to be aligned, too?)

*Something* important must fail to work long wnough to get someone to go bother with the dish, and it must be something that they care about. The supply officer has an incentive, but doesn't have the access, to get it working. However, if they are traitor or rev, then they can't really risk drawing attention to themselves by asking.

Maybe the AI should be locked out at first, if they can even use it, to give regular humans a reason to go there themselves.

Also, an idea for a random event: Disturbances in the orbit cause the station to spin a bit before it can stabilize. This picks a random angle and adds it to both the sun and required dish alignment.

Any decent AI or Captain or HoP,(station engineers) will go and align the disc at the start
and the shuttle can't be called without the disc alligned
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: April 27, 2010, 08:43:07 am »

So in our last game, who was Bob Robertson and how did he manage to modify me? I had my Uploads locked up tight. Did you build another one? I suspected you of building one in West Maintenance.

Ladders.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11335 on: April 27, 2010, 08:54:57 am »

I vote for the motion to keep chemical labs seperate from genetics labs due to the risk of esprosion and lethal gas build-up.

Monkeys, usually do not explode. So I'm struggling to see why they have to share workspace with substances that are very prone to explode. (Or turn into gas, or thermite, or drugs) Unless someone can put forth a counter-motion arguing the opposite.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: April 27, 2010, 09:19:29 am »

Could merge chemistry with toxins labs. Right now, all toxins can do is build bombs.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: April 27, 2010, 09:24:30 am »

...and they have a small engine...
Actually would be nice if they were able to build engines and test these new experimental ones, which would make a lot more sence / be less insane then testing bombs...

EDIT: that was just the most fucked up round i've had in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:39:29 am by Rift »

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:15 am »

I sent a request to be registered on the wiki, if possible I'd like to write up stuff about the Security Guard? Because in my experience some security guards like to open fire with their taser as soon as they see something that looks remotely suspicious (And that's a good way to get lumbered with a police brutality complaint). I'd like to write in things about how to handle an arrest (ie. Only stun if the criminal is armed, otherwise inform them of your intent and request that they come quietly), how to handle crime scenes (Not getting fingerprints on everything, searching for evidence, quarantining the scene/evidence, etc.) and how to handle prisoners (Trial, removing handcuffs once they're behind bars, how to handle attempted escapes, etc.)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: April 27, 2010, 11:06:12 am »

Could merge chemistry with toxins labs. Right now, all toxins can do is build bombs.
Exactly. We don't need chemistry peeps messing stuff up. Also, toxins seems to blow up often. I request that the test chamber be moved back a bit. Also, is there a way to make a camera floating in space away from it a little bit?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 950