Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808950 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10845 on: April 19, 2010, 06:37:22 am »

We're giving out awards for ideas, now?  :P

Lets see if I can find my year old idea list..

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:06 am »

There needs to be a way to limit people's access to implants. Maybe make it illegal without the proper, rather tedious, paperwork?

That sounds like a bloody stupid idea but I don't have any others.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: April 19, 2010, 06:42:12 am »

Yeah, otherwise everyone will want implants.

Anyway, it turns out my idea list was full of rage that the server wouldn't stop crashing, and not many ideas.  :P Only one that stands out is mining stuff, and losing limbs, replacing with cyborg counterparts.

No, wait, I've found some more..Over time, your character slowly becomes hungry and thirsty, and has to eat/drink or he will work slower. I just want a messhall.  :P

Also.

..with randomized three radio channels, one for normal station talking, one for medical, and one for security.

Each radio signal has it's own colour, instead of green, as well as the already little tag on the message you get now, telling you what channel you're on.

You're headset can tune into three at a time. You can choose which to talk into, with, instead of say ;hello, say 1hello, say 2hello, and say 3hello.  Might take a bit of getting used to again, but it is worth it.

I believe the discussion around asteroid mining, if I can remember it, was people could mine out stuff for the engine, chemistry, toxins, and maybe even genetics to play around with, such as new gases, (Random properties, possible?) new chemicals for cool new sci-fi coolness, (SomeSpaceChem+ Oxygen = Horrible Zombie Virus, uh oh.) and corpses of aliens or something to steal DNA from and test it in humans for hybrids, so Human that runs really fast, can see in the darkness, stuff like that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:50:32 am by Dr. Johbson »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10848 on: April 19, 2010, 07:10:35 am »

Well, for the asteroids, as long as you don't put pipes in them, you could load asteroid "maps", placing them randomly in space in areas without a /mob nearby.

To do this, maybe create an asteroid spawn marker, and place them around the map out in space. at random times, go through them all, and any one without a /mob in range(15), add to a list. If the list is not empty, pick() one from the list and run the map loader on a random asteroid file, to insert an asteroid into the game. Adding a small random offset to the position would also be useful.

From this, special asteroids could be theoretically be created with nearly arbitrary map components, for example, an asteroid-ship with a hull breach and a suffocated syndicate, with one random traitor item. This would give interesting plot even to extended rounds, since the miners find it, and must decide if they are going to report it to the captain, or steal the stuff.

Asteroids should give a "drifting" message about 2 or 3 minutes after arriving, and shortly after, disappear, taking all items but not living /mobs with it. Oh, and the nuclear disk shouldn't go either.

They could be minable, with the first hit taking out the "wall", and the second removing the "floor", and should be made of 4-20 pieces of asteroid.

Asteroid turfs should have a distinct file, and have at least 16 distinct states, depending on what sides are touching, to result in a more drastic effect than this somewhat unnessecary example from SS81 where only a line or two vary between versions.

When they disappear, only stuff on an asteroid-turf within range(10) of the spawn should be removed, as mentioned excluding live players and the nuclear disk or disk replacement.

Edit:
This is the resulting effect, but with a "natural" rough appearance, it would be even more drastic.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:19:10 am by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: April 19, 2010, 07:19:15 am »

Asteroids..
Niice.. I approve, but, how high up on the priority list will this be?
I'm all for asteroids 'n all.. But, it's not exactly my "Most wanted" new addition..

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: April 19, 2010, 07:24:37 am »

Might be a good thing to do when Networking is done, and but I would think you would only want to tackle one large project at a time.  :P

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: April 19, 2010, 07:25:20 am »

Hmm, I really like the idea of a randomized damaged vessel floating around in space:
Cent comm message:" We have recieved an unknow looped distress signal near your location, please check it out"
But then again for some reason I like everything you guys suggest and talk about putting in I guess I just like new stuff to explore  :P
It shouldnt dissapear though unless the round ended
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:26:55 am by bluephoenix »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10852 on: April 19, 2010, 08:24:18 am »

Might be a good thing to do when Networking is done, and but I would think you would only want to tackle one large project at a time.  :P

I haven't participated in network development, aside from throwing ideas areound during the past year.

Besides, most of the code required would already exist from other things... (Now, maps and icons, though...)
Eh?
Eh!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: April 19, 2010, 08:59:54 am »

About the AI camera thing back a page:
That's because humans can only see one camera, the AI can see through many at once, if the AI's camera was cut in area A however and he swiches to area B he shouldn't be able to see into area A.
that should be implemented.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: April 19, 2010, 09:40:34 am »

Well the mysql server backend should be soon finish.

as soon as it stops giveing everyone tur ,eplic ,need glasses ,etc
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: April 19, 2010, 10:08:01 am »

Implants would be awesome. Have it so they have to be made.
(I.e empty implanter + stuff)
And, possibly, have it so the captain has to authorise (via paperwork).
Also also *insert ideas here*
Apples.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: April 19, 2010, 11:06:26 am »

How about the Captain/HoR has to swipe the implant with their ID, or it continuously electrocutes the illegal user?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: April 19, 2010, 11:10:53 am »

No, because then you require their ID to do it.
It'd be fun to RP an illegal implant doctor.
Kinda like woofwoof.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: April 19, 2010, 11:14:04 am »

How about the Captain/HoR has to swipe the implant with their ID, or it continuously electrocutes the illegal user?
Implant greif...
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: April 19, 2010, 11:23:34 am »

....or it doesn't work?
Also, you could be an illegal implant doctor. Just steal somebodies ID.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 950