Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808305 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10050 on: April 11, 2010, 05:56:40 pm »

Also the pipe ends aren't correctly appearing/disappearing :P

As some of you noticed, CentCom has multiple Z-Levels (yay, ladders).  Powernets have been updated to support cross-Z-level connections.  This won't mean much in the short term, but :P
-The corner didn't update it's image, although otherwise it worked. This is also an easy fix.

Fixed:
-I had to cheat to get that corner, as I forgot to make corner pipes recognise that they should have a corner.
-I forgot to build the upper of the corner-line, so plasma flowed out. Oops. Fortunately, and as a great example, building the missing pipe fixed the leak, and the plasma drained away into space, allowing for a nice screenshot.
-The corner didn't update it's image, although otherwise it worked. This is also an easy fix.

That just leaves two, the harder ones. Well, the multiline but simple one and the actual hard one.

And:
I made a commit of it, so you can go test it yourself(If you have git access, or someone with git access hosts a server with it). Just spawn some /obj/item/weapon/pipe(optional: /corner)
And then click on some variation of floor with it in your active hand.

For best results, connect two contained windowed areas and spawn plenty of plasma in one. You may have to trigger an update for the plasma to appear, though.

Also, building a pipe to conect two others won't work yet. That is the previously mentioned hard problem, as it involves merging two pipelines.
Eh?
Eh!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: April 11, 2010, 06:05:10 pm »

Internet is currently out

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:48 pm »

Just to put my input about it, I thought it was funny, space krakkon.  :D

Anyway, I didnt see a problem with it till you started recruiting your pirate pals, who cant control themselves. "Im a pirate now and I can kill people, weeeee!!!".

But, the people have spoken, and prefer their traitor rounds ,which I concider, boring.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: April 11, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »

Yeah, people. Be aware. I don't care if you're roleplaying it, if you're not actually supposed to kill people and destroy parts of the station, you will be banned if you do.
"Im a pirate now and I can kill people, weeeee!!!"

Orb's right, this is exactly what we don't want. So some other person is being silly and recruited you so you can be silly too? Fine. But the moment you start breaking things and killing people, you will be banned. Don't fuck around.

I don't know how we can make this any clearer.

blueothello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: April 11, 2010, 06:12:58 pm »

Has my guy "Distortedaudio" been muted? If so why? I disagreed with people saying that goons are making lag....is disagreeing now a muteable offense? Also why can't muted people AdminHelp? If they're really such a case in which they should not be using AdminHelp should they not be banned? Playing the game without being able to talk really hinders the experience.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:17:26 pm by blueothello »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: April 11, 2010, 06:22:36 pm »

That's a point, Adminhelp should still work whilst muted, because they need to plead their case. There should also be a separate option for muting adminhelp as well, because obviously some people are just going to spam it. Then again, we could just ban those who do.

And I have no idea why you were muted, before you ask.

blueothello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: April 11, 2010, 06:31:10 pm »

OK I got muted for "Being a bitch to the goons".... I said two things about the goons. One being that they liked to dick around(but really who doesn't dick around?) and two being that they weren't on the server at the time. Vin didn't get muted yet he repeatedly accused them of being on the server to cause more lag. What the fuck Beorn?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: April 11, 2010, 06:33:13 pm »

Yeah, I'll unmute you, that was overkill. Hell, I like to dick around. Remember when I turned that guy into a monkey as a reprimand? And then he killed me?

What a whimsical time that was.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: April 11, 2010, 06:34:56 pm »

Hey hey guys easy on the langage we hardly need the fourms two only fourm mod's cracking down do we? I'm shure that woudint end well

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: April 11, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »

The only language that'll get Toady or ThreeToe down here is racist or otherwise bigoted slurs.

Anyway, DistortedAudio, I think you'll automatically be unmuted next time you log on.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: April 11, 2010, 06:42:10 pm »

He mentioned something about the goons only coming to our server to grief. I didn't feel like shutting off all of OOC to get it to stop, and so I just muted him to cut off a potential grief/flame war in OOC.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: April 11, 2010, 06:48:55 pm »

Ah, right. Well, I think the issue is resolved now.

Also, show of hands. Who really wants a war with the Goonserver?*

*if you raise your hand I ban you permanently.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »

I think it might be fun and funny, but it would get way too serious, way to quick.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: April 11, 2010, 07:08:20 pm »

And my internet is back up.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: April 11, 2010, 07:09:29 pm »

A few ideas:

Stopping/filtering out griefers:
a) Somehow  make it detect if you have a Bay 12 games account
or
b) Have a list of Keys that are allowed on the server
In either way, if they are not allowed in, give message to go to Bay 12 games and post on thread.
This:
a) Reduces griefing
and
b) Increases traffic to bay 12 games and thus dwarf fortress (maybe more donations)

Buildable TEGs/SMES, so I can make another engine, I once made lounge into engine on sandbox but couldn't make pipes (can now?) but also could not make a TEG or SMES.

Propulsion: Linked upto a computer will allow movement of attached tiles, with the movement rate being something like Power/Tiles or Power/Weight.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 950