Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: French Anti-piracy bill: Three strikes and you're banned from the internet  (Read 7915 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Pretty sure every single modern day army has fire and forget weapons. Even infantry.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really understand the whole French bashing thing, myself.  Anyway...

Any real attempt to try to pin people down over the internet isn't really going to work.  We've got totalitarian states like Iran and China that try to control the internet, and those systems can be beaten.  What are the odds that any Western government will be willing to take the measures necessary for a good ol' lockdown?
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Argh what the hell, I didn't knew it passed! It was the final vote from the Senate who has pretty much no real power, but still!
DAMMIT.

Spoiler: France rules! (click to show/hide)

Also, I surrender to myself so I can get the spoils of victory! Muahahahahah...
Right on!  My ancestors were French!  They were awesome!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh what the hell, I didn't knew it passed! It was the final vote from the Senate who has pretty much no real power, but still!
DAMMIT.

Spoiler: France rules! (click to show/hide)

Also, I surrender to myself so I can get the spoils of victory! Muahahahahah...
Right on!  My ancestors were French!  They were awesome!

You realise your nuke technology is American? If not for the Manhattan Project and the fact that we owed you some favors for the Revolutionary War (Yay French meatshields!) and for selling us the Louisiana Purchase.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Most of the scientists working on the Manhattan project were German though.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BS

Also the book 1984 suddenly pops into my mind when I read this.

It reminds me of Shadowrun, in which the WRIA stands for World Recording Industry Army which is a group of armed mercenaries who bust into music pirate's houses, execute them with high caliber weaponry and post videos of it on youtube.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Most of the scientists working on the Manhattan project were German though.

[citation needed]

There were some captured Nazi scientists. Wernher von Braun and the likes.

But that's by no means "most"
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Hang on you're all arguing about who invented the nuclear bomb like it's a good thing. You should be trying to place the blame not steal the credit.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Hang on you're all arguing about who invented the nuclear bomb like it's a good thing. You should be trying to place the blame not steal the credit.
While the bomb did cause untold suffering, it also saved millions-billions of lives in land conflicts that never happened because of how intimidating the bomb was. Not to mention the nuclear bomb is a great leap in nuclear understanding, something that could power our future.

No technology is evil, just how we use it.

But on topic, don't we Americans know well enough that basing a law on crime enforcement on a baseball rule for strikes is rather stupid? You would lump together major pirates who have companies focused on making bucks on copyrighted material and that 18-year-old who downloads music for his MP3 player. Sure they don't go to jail, but the pirates would have more experience in getting around any such blocks and the average joe would get a punishment meant for the guy who can avoid said punishment.

Also, lol French.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gunpowder was the original evil. I blame the French for inventing it.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Let's blame the French for everything.

Including my state of mind.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile

Oh the noes! I am blamed!
I should probably surrender to sadness!

Also, we blame USA for the Iraki war. We vetoed it dammit!

Back on topic: They aren't going to monitor 60 million people anyways. OR ARE THEY? *shudder*
If I ever get a letter from them, I'm burning it. Then I'll complain I didn't recieve a letter from them! And then, I'll just make it stall 'till the next election, where they will bring down that stupid law! HELL YEAH! 
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

BS

Also the book 1984 suddenly pops into my mind when I read this.
This.
Damn frogs, surrendering to the Piracy bandwagon.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

Gunpowder was the original evil. I blame the French for inventing it.
That has, like nukes, had quite a few peaceful and beneficial applications.  Also, I think clubs came before gunpowder.  Should we blame nature for making logs? [/smartass] ;D
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

We should blame beavers for making logs. Hence, all of the world's problems lie with women. Damn women and their beavers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5