Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold ambush vs. elven caravan! You know the rest...  (Read 1030 times)

johnnybeltz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold ambush vs. elven caravan! You know the rest...
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:33 am »

I was more amused then I was worried. If there was a command to make a dwarf pull up a lawn chair and watch, I would have given it to them  ;). As soon as those hypocrits entered the map to wave wooden cages and cloth in my dwarves' faces, seven kobold ambushers arrived and beelined straight for them.
Note that this is only my second fortress year, the elves have arrived for the first time, and I did not have *any* immigrants in the autumn.  :'(  I did not have dwarf-power to dedicate to my defenses, so my fortress was wide open from the start.

Good news: FREE STUFF. Both the elves and the kobolds died in the end, and I had alot of claim-hauling to do when the immigrants finally did arrive (15 of them  :D).
Bad News: The kobolds breached my fortress and killed the sleeping mason in my barracks  >:(. Also, they left a mess in the main hallway around my depot, so I had miasma for the small while between the attack and the immigration. I have to admit though, I am satisfied to see all of those kobold body parts strewn all over the place. It adds to the feel of victory  8)

I wish I could make elf-bone bolts with wooden engravings on it of dead elven merchants, and the next time a caravan arrives, I would shoot 'em all  (non-lethal, of course ;D) so they can go home and cry to their mommys. I hate elves...  :)

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold ambush vs. elven caravan! You know the rest...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:45:01 am »

I can't recall ever seeing elven caravans arriving with armed guards.  It's madness!  Substrength military and lame wooden weapons, I can't understand how any elf 'civilization' survives worldgen.

johnnybeltz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:11:10 am »

They were massacred, and it was satisfying. However, I would have enjoyed seeing them fight back and not having to kill the kobolds myself. One unfortunate elf was knocked unconcious and was ganged up un by 5 ambushers.

Urist McDwarf cancels kill elf: elf destroyed or misplaced.  :P

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:32:52 pm »

I can't recall ever seeing elven caravans arriving with armed guards.  It's madness!  Substrength military and lame wooden weapons, I can't understand how any elf 'civilization' survives worldgen.
They breed like rabbits. Wrestling is deadly when you outnumber your foe.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 02:41:30 pm »

hmm...  age old question, let the kobolds win and possible hurt your dwarfs or help the elfs win and have some trade. overall is say let the kobolds win because you just automaticly kill them and killing elfs has to be done manually.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:52:35 pm »

Urist McDwarf cancels kill elf: elf destroyed or misplaced.
Sigged
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:59:04 pm »

Not as funny without the context.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned