Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Europa 1400 - The Guild (1)  (Read 7865 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Europa 1400 - The Guild (1)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:10 am »

Well currently I'm playing 2 and I'm having one main problem, I can't find the girl I'm courting :S I spoke to her once and then she wandered off and I've been unable to find her since. Is there any easy way around this?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 09:30:27 am »

I have the original german version... and I have to say... it's a shame.

That game is basically a more complex (and nicely done) "princess maker 2" in a medieval setting, and it's friggin great fun to try to get your competition jailed and tortured :/

BUT! (as with a lot of jowood games, sadly) this game is more bugridden than ...ummm.... everything else out there. Don't even try to multiplayer that one with more than 2 peeps, and even then it's iffy. And the single player game will crash on you quite often too.

I dont know about part 2, but supposedly it's not that much better.

Shame shame shame, great idea, bad execution.

IIRC this
Well currently I'm playing 2 and I'm having one main problem, I can't find the girl I'm courting :S I spoke to her once and then she wandered off and I've been unable to find her since. Is there any easy way around this?
Is one of the annoying well known bugs. (Unless you do manage to find her, then it was just bad luck ;D)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:32:46 am by Puck »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 09:32:42 am »

I've found the gold version to be mostly bug free.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 09:35:03 am »

Seriously, try to multiplayer it.

Also, you can make it reliably crash at your funeral (dont remember exactly what you have to do).

Sometimes, when you jump out of the window, even with proper kids that could take over your stuff, it can hang. Totally.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 11:39:49 am »

If anyone has played both the first and second, which is the one to get?

The sequel was much more of a relationship manager (a la Sims) rather than a medieval career simulator.  I enjoyed the first way more as I did not like investing so much time into relationships in the second. I spent a lot of time playing the first game.  Great stuff!

Agreed, relationship managing... in Guild 2 was half the game.  Deteriorated too fast just like Sims... which cut down on the 'fun' parts...  Like abusing your office for your own pleasures and murdering the children of those who get in your way the good of the town.

Albeit... 'my way' is what is good for the town...  just gotta make em see it that way...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vodalian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 12:43:27 pm »

The guild series had a lot of potential and is a good concept, but was left just short of the mark in my opinion. The guild 2 is insanely buggy and the guild 1 felt like it was missing something.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:45:36 pm by Vodalian »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 01:28:07 pm »

Seriously, try to multiplayer it.

How is the MP in this game? Is it really that fun? Care to explain?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 07:37:11 am »

Unless one guy plays a rogue/thief or whatever it's called in english, it's great fun.

The huge problems come with stability. 2player games SOMEWHAT work, more than that, you might as well not even try it. It's horribad, and those fuckers (that sold it) never even bothered making their game stable.

When you read the technical help forums, you feel as if you stumbled into the shack of an old voodoo lady. You probably need to sacrifice chicken and whatnot to be able to even play one full day.... It's that bad.

And as I said already, it's a shame. Because the game has a lot of potential.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 01:33:49 pm »

Yeah well...some companies just don't give a damn about their own games after the game has been released..it's a shame indeed.  ::)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 02:57:48 pm »

It got several patches and went gold... O.o

I'm playing the gold version and so far I haven't hit a single bug. And alas, I have gone through two generations, so no bugs there either so far.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13:33 pm »

so no bugs there either so far.
doesnt mean your save isnt corrupted yet ;)

I had games that went flawless for several generations, too. Also depends a lot on your profession(s).

If you want some surefire way to be frustrated about the guild, just look forward to playin a multiplayer session with some friends.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 08:06:57 pm »

I haven't tried the multiplayer and I don't think I will. =p

But I guess I've been lucky so far, besides a couple random crashes.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 06:21:44 am »

necron necron necron, could not find any guild 2 threads

Recently dicovered this(Renaissance) via a steam sale and only encountered minor bugs (alt tabbing stops the keyboard from doing anything, theives randomly wander during a protection racket thus breaking it :/) the only real problem i have with it is the plague really hard to manage a large family with it(10-ish members all holding political offices).

I really do hope the make a 3rd one at some stage(also new patch is in the works apperently :o)

Would love to play multiplayer but my friends are too skeptical when i tell them it's a management-ish game :/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:23:31 am by tHe_silent_H »
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 04:43:21 pm »

JoWood is defunct, and the actual developer that made The Guild/2 have undergone a namechange and are now focused on creating minigame compilations for the Nintendo DS.

So I wouldn't hold your breath for The Guild 3. :(
Pages: 1 [2]