Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Model United Nations Security Council==Sign Ups! (And North Korea Crisis!)  (Read 13876 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Model United Nations Security Council==Sign Ups!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 12:20:53 pm »

Alright, um, sorry. Very sorry.

BigFatDwarf, keep Russia, Squeegy isn't going to be posting I think.

Let start, if you can.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 07:41:28 pm »

No need to be sorry. You can go ahead and start.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 09:01:32 pm »

Is this still open?

Wow, I've never done anything like this before.  Maybe I should give it a try, for variety's sake, but I'd be completely unfamiliar with it.
What level does my representative have to be before he can cast Lightning Bolt?  ;D

I suppose I could be a Security Council lurking nation, for a while, before I get active.

I'm not sure which nation to pick...I'm not particularly familiar with most of the available ones, unfortunately.
Mexico or Turkey, maybe?
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 03:36:48 pm »

You know what? I'm going to unilaterally start this off with an actual crisis simulation, ripped from the headlines. North Korea has conducted a nuclear test and is firing some test missles, and the Security Council has convened right now to discuss what to do about this.

I can play as North Korea if you want to conduct any diplomacy with me.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

Ooo, oo, I'll take Uganda.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added. I'll PM all those who wanted to play to alert them of the crisis simulation.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

The country of Croatia recognizes this grave threat to world security by the blatant saber rattling of the North Korean regime. We will not stand by and let the world suffer a nuclear exchange, nor further decades of nuclear brinkmanship to rival the cold war.

I demand that North Korea justify their actions to the security council.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

France seconds this idea. North Korea must justify themselves.
I'd also like to find a specific sheet on exactly what they're testing (the PM mentioned cruise missiles, which is a very big deal to me).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(OOC: Strife26: Well, erm, maybe it wasn't cruise missles. Sorry for that. This article mentioned that North Korea is testing "short-range missiles", so that's why I mentioned that, my bad.)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

(I just saw a report on the Korean thing - they were technically anti-ship missiles.  Namely, that means a very short operational range.)

Burkina Faso will abstain for the moment, until the situation and views of the Council clarify.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is like, totally uncool on the part of North Korea, man. Their nuclear test is obviously intended as a means of flexing their proverbial muscles in view of the rest of the world. Their growing audacity regarding nuclear proliferation and their trail of human rights violations miles long should make it clear to the council that we must resolve this issue once and for all.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

I demand that we send an envoy to North Korea to DEMAND they stop firing these missiles. They are quite able to hit us!

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

Uganda immediately issues a statement that strongly urges North Korea to cease these test firings immediately to preserve peace and stability in the region and immediately enter into talks with the UN Security Councils, and to suspend all further launches pending the meeting.

This is like, totally uncool on the part of North Korea, man. Their nuclear test is obviously intended as a means of flexing their proverbial muscles in view of the rest of the world. Their growing audacity regarding nuclear proliferation and their trail of human rights violations miles long should make it clear to the council that we must resolve this issue once and for all.

However, I must point out that the North Korean government is NOT firing any sort of nuclear warhead as far as we can determine, merely attempting to grow their rocket program. Let us be reasonable.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:39:11 pm by Jetman123 »
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

The Ugandan representative makes a good point-we should be reasonable.

But, in return, we expect the same from North Korea-who has a history of breaking treaties they sign in good faith. They have shamed themselves in front of the international community time and time again. Their actions are indefensible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No! The time for reason is over! They've been testing nuclear weapons, kidnapping South Koreans, and just generally being idiots for far too long. We need to give them a strong, blunt message that if they are willing to work towards a shared friendship, we will be more than willing to do the same. On the reverse, we also need to deliver an ultimatum; no more nuclear tests. We need to demand it! As a group! Unless they see that the entire international community is tired of their paranoia and insanity, they won't stop.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9