Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Questions from a new Liberal Activist  (Read 3099 times)

bandaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions from a new Liberal Activist
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 11:32:02 am »

I am a newbie and I have a question:

Is there a way to increase stats such as agility and strength?  What about others?

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 12:00:58 pm »

Is there a way to increase stats such as agility and strength?  What about others?

All stats except Wisdom increase with juice, up to something like (base stat x 2)+6 (that formula's probably changed by now).  Every time a Liberal's title (e.g. "Political Activist", "Urban Commando", "Elite Liberal") changes, so do their stats.

In addition to that, your stats change as you age.  The breakpoints are IIRC ages 16, 55, and 70.  Physical stats and Heart drop while mental stats and Wisdom increase (but not by much).  Also, past age 70 or so you'll see Health slowly decline over the years until you die at Health 0 (so high juice Liberals will live longer).

bandaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 12:26:29 pm »

All stats except Wisdom increase with juice, up to something like (base stat x 2)+6 (that formula's probably changed by now).  Every time a Liberal's title (e.g. "Political Activist", "Urban Commando", "Elite Liberal") changes, so do their stats.

In addition to that, your stats change as you age.  The breakpoints are IIRC ages 16, 55, and 70.  Physical stats and Heart drop while mental stats and Wisdom increase (but not by much).  Also, past age 70 or so you'll see Health slowly decline over the years until you die at Health 0 (so high juice Liberals will live longer).

Thanks for the answer.  I think there must be another way.  My guy is only age 25, only has 50 juice, started with like 12CHA and now has 16CHA. 

Does maxing out certain skills increase stats?  He has maxed music and persuasion...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »

As far as I can tell, its not the maxing out of skills, but a stat is raised after any skill relevant to the stat are raised a certain number of times.
!!&!!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:00 pm »

As far as I can tell, its not the maxing out of skills, but a stat is raised after any skill relevant to the stat are raised a certain number of times.

If that's true, then it's fairly new.  As of the past few months anyway.  I've been away a while, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  What I say at least was correct until recently.  :P

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »

Yes, Juice Gains do increase stats, but it doesn't appear to be the only thing that increases stats.
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 09:31:49 pm »

I haven't added anything besides Juice and age that affects stats.

Well, injuries will lower stats. Permanent injuries will permanently lower stats. So you need to make sure that your person is unhurt when you're taking a baseline for what their stat starts at. Also, make sure the person doesn't have negative juice -- even -1 juice will reduce your stats below their base level.

Note that if you start with a very high level in a stat, a) it will be more influenced by juice than other stats, so it may increase faster than you expect, and b) skills associated with that stat will level up more rapidly. Once you hit 20 in any stat, it stops increasing.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:06 pm »

a) it will be more influenced by juice than other stats, so it may increase faster than you expect

That's probably what we're seeing, then.
!!&!!

Mossbeard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 01:01:34 pm »

Wow. My thread is still up.

Anyway, the CCS is starting to get a LOT of media coverage. If it weren't for the recent bunch of Elite Liberals put into office (Thank you Sleeper Lab Techs for all the research reports), I'd be worried.

However, since my Primary Person (Main Man for any confused individuals out there) has double-digit Charisma and Persuasion at this point, I was wondering if it's possible to raid the CCS, or if there were any methods for finding CCS members?

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »

Finding CCS members: Get someone with good disguise skill to show up at the Cigar Bar (you know, the place where they only let you in if you look rich/like a security guard. When inside, find a hick, rube, or similar. These people are 99% of the time members of the CCS. If your infiltrator is persuasive enough, you can actually get them to attend a meeting and turn them the way you turn liberals. If not, you need to torture them for information by using someone talented for that.

Raiding the CCS: When you've got someone on the "inside" of the CCS, you can go to the lair the person is at, and raid it by killing numerous members (I'm not sure what the limit is at these days, but I think I once raided a place, killed ten people, and got it Liberal). Keep in mind they are heavily armed and have good armor, so come prepared with the best guys you can get.

After around 4 of these raids (on different locations), you'll have defeated the CCS. I find the CCS to be ludicrously simple to defeat due to my playstyle, but I guess that's just me.

If you need advice on getting people talented at killing people without getting a lot of heat: Train someone to the point where they can recruit Agents. They are decidedly the most bad-ass recruitables ingame, and are well-suited for raiding a location

If you need money; I suggest using your main man with a charismatic group to infiltrate the court house repeatedly, and gain enough Juice to up them a lot. When they can all recruit 5-6 people, have them recruit basically anyone, and have them perform either legal or illegal fundraising (to be honest, they both end up with jailtime, so I don't see the point in calling one of them illegal...). When you have 25 people selling brownies for you, you'd be amazed how fast you can earn cash.

It's unwise to have your Main Man's underlings do a lot of crime, as it leads to them getting imprisoned if they don't have really high law skill, or you feel like shelling out 5k a piece for their freedom. Another good piece of advice is recruiting judges etc for your squad, as they already have high law skill, and you'll spend less money training them.

My main man had at some point 18 in Law and 21 in Persuasion. My entire group was comprised of Agents. I wiped out the CCS in less than a month with no casualties.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:29:20 am by Rezan »

bandaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 03:31:34 pm »

Can you get sleepers to eventually be Senators, House Members, Supreme Court Justices, or even things like President/VP?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 06:25:03 pm »

no, but it's been discussed as a possible addition.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3]