Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need a megaproject  (Read 1245 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Need a megaproject
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 11:46:21 am »

Build a complex gauntlet to your trade depot that changes course as the wagons/carriers cross different pressure plates and watch them race each other to the trade depot. The last one to arrive gets dumped with magma.

Or you can trap some trade wagons in individual compartments, setup a series of gates (with appropriate switches to change the course of the wagons) and trade depots, build a stadium around it, and make a trade-cart NASCAR track.

Dwarftona Speedway.   ;D

EDIT:
The inside track area could be the fortress and pit crew, the outside is for the audience (all residents of the countryside), and kitchens, stills and craft workshops all over the place to work as concession stands.

Any other DF parody names for it other than Dwarftona Speedway? What about Tallowdega? Waterskin's Glen?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:59:27 am by Itnetlolor »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 12:29:13 pm »

Tallowdega! Lol! Make sure to make the whole thing out of soap.

On the tower... I think I will be using that idea as well! Although I might combine it with the temple of Armok challenge on the wiki... I envision a mayan temple-like structure with lava flows on all 4 sides of the temple... Maybe some water flows as well for happy thoughts. Then I will set it up so I am able to divert the magma from the flows to my other projects. And since it will be pump powered, if I set it up right it will keep the magma pump 'pressure' and so make any further projects involving magma much much easier, since no pumps will be required for them.

Also... Instead of making the 'altar' red... You should make it and the rest of the room white. Then making it red using prisoners!  ;D
After all, if it is blood red to begin with, the blood god may not know if you really sacrificed or if it was an elaborate hoax meant to trick him! When it is white it is clear for all to see. Plus it makes better screenshots.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:15:40 pm by alway »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 01:13:52 pm »

Tallowdega! Lol! Make sure to make the whole thing out of soap.
Well, it would bring new meaning to the term "Soapbox Derby".

...Okay, you can burn me with magma for that one. :P

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 01:18:08 pm »

Aw... Now why would we do that? We would rather push you down the temple shaft, collect your bones, and make you into crafts to adorn the temple with!  ;D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 01:20:50 pm »

Aw... Now why would we do that? We would rather push you down the temple shaft, collect your bones, and make you into crafts to adorn the temple with!  ;D
Or you can always imprison me, chain me up next to a pond/river of carp, and collect my chewed up remains, and raise a dire carp while at it.

EDIT:
...Then you can collect my bones and make crafts to adorn your temple with. Plus, it would make for an interesting bit of history to be engraved other than 'falling'. I think being nipped apart by a school of carp sounds more interesting.

Hey, If I'm gonna get executed, at least make me end in an interesting manner.

FURTHER EDIT: (Re-railing topic)
You can always make a dwarven equivalent to Superjail. That would be interesting, and have all sorts of interesting execution methods contained within.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:32:36 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 [2]