Never give up, NEVER SURRENDER

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OCD  (Read 1342 times)

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OCD
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 10:45:40 am »

I restart when the fortress gets too big for me to handle (usually at population of 40+, when things start to slow down big time for me).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 11:42:14 am »

I restart when the fortress gets too big for me to handle (usually at population of 40+, when things start to slow down big time for me).
You can always have dwarves draw straws on who gets launched out of the fortress via bridge-apult.

A fun way to maintain population.

But you can always chop some cat meat as well, or get a quicker machine.

warlordzephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeping dwarves in booze since 2008 (40d)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 01:17:26 pm »

my latest fort ended with a massive battle between 2 orcs with an orc mace lord against the rest of my population after SOMEBODY forgot how to use levers. If my brave hammerdwarves hadn't done a diversionary attack leading some orcs away i would have been flooded. Anyway, my recruits charged at the mace lord and managed to lightly wound his foot. He slaughtered 40 of them in about 30 seconds so i was left with 10. I unactivated my miner, designated the walls of the magma pipe and counterattacked with the rest of my guys. The plan worked.

Somwhere in my world is a sealed off fortress full of lava.
I just made all my dorfs proficient Biters, liars, and went from there.
"Did you eat Urist?"
"Pshht, of course not!"shifty eyes

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 01:22:48 pm »

Well, I have a great computer with good parts in it, so I never have to quit due to lag. The lowest it seems to get is around 30 fps or so. The only time I had really low FPS was when I tried to drain all the water out of an aquifer (turns out they have infinite water, hehe) I am not very good at managing tantrum spirals though. The fort I am currently working on I had to abandon due to a tantrum spiral taking it from around 150-200 dwarves to something around 40. Goblins killed about 5, then about 15 went out to collect the gear of the dead and 10 or so ended up dead, sparking the whole thing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:24:24 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 [2]