Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Mods do you use for Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 2628 times)

Wahad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Mods do you use for Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 01:29:36 pm »

Whatever was included in the Mayday Graphics pack for 40d, and the Molten Rocks mod.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 01:39:41 pm »

Oh yeah.  I also use molten rocks.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 06:49:19 pm »

Oi, that's a long list.

Lessee. Modbase stuff, pretty much everything, but heavily tweaked.

CivForge, most of it.

Age of Shadows, again most of it.

Orc Mod, tweaked.

Bunch-o-plant mods, adjusted a good deal (pttg, Teldin, maybe more?).

Chariot's Zoo mod.

Graphics from various sources, starting with Dystopian Quantas, Deon's Haradrims, the CivForge set.

And, of course, all the stuff related to my WIP mod, the MMO.

Most of what I tweaked were things that didn't work properly together, and stuff that annoyed me. For instance, I went through and renamed every "large" creature to something else, so I didn't have tons of "large large rat leather sandals" all over the place. I also got rid of some other naming problems that made trading more complicated than it needed to be.

The animal and entity files have been combed through to eliminate duplicates, which caused both major problems and minor annoyances.

Many of the plants were tweaked so they actually worked. Some of the definitions had the biome statements formatted incorrectly, making it impossible for them to spawn!

One of my next NON-MMO projects will be to merge all the critter files together and group them in some logical fashion, especially to separate out the vermin, and make sure that no critter is defined as both a vermin and an actual creature.

Rochndil, who always has more work to do...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 12:25:29 am »

Molten rocks, Sean Mirrsen's Compiled modpack merged with Legendary Lands, throw in some heavily modified orcs, mix in my own added in race, the Forsaken(I do love the undead), an added in tiny dragon animal and an added in Spider, plus other misc tweaks to animals.
It's pretty fun.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 12:40:18 am »

I have been amassing pieces of mods ever since I started modding myself, though I haven't taken anything too outlandish. I have also added in several things of my own, including creating some of my own variants of ideas inspired by other people's mods.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:35 am »

Orcs (because goblins are wimps), with four ENTITY entries for each season (the sieges never end!); and the deblock/decut mod (because stone stockpiling is absurd, as is moods requiring both rough gems and cut ones).

I've added my own reactions for turning junk stone (non-ore minerals) into seeds, and plump helmets into logs (they're inedible now, so my farming is a little more interesting). I removed nearly all forms of clothing, and gave everything that wore them [LAYERING:10] (no more clutter, no more goblin wealth bombs, no more wrestling bugs...).
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 12:17:03 am »

I mostly use my stuff I modded in, with some bits and pieces of other mods like Civforge. The only mods I have in completely are molten rocks and Impaler's metals, both with some minor tweaks to accommodate my stuff.

Basically though, most of the stuff I have affects plants, stone, metal, etc. It's mostly building materials; very few creature/entity mods.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 12:53:01 am »

1. Berries and small plants. Only plantable in spring and harvestable in the summer. Cannot be cooked. Lots of extractables.

But then how do you make berry pies!?

To contribute to the thread, Orc mod (duh), a growing-time lengthening mod (most things take at least two seasons, so one harvest a year for aboveground plants, two for underground), glass as a metal, and some minor stuff to increase the frequency of useful rocks/metals/gems vs. microcline etc.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 02:58:23 pm »

Orcs and Dinosaurs. Makes for some interesting times. Also, it's amusing looking through the history and seeing various Tyrannosaurs Rexes becoming enemies of tribes of orcs.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 03:05:21 pm »

Well, I usually play Fallout mod just because it's fun :). When I want Dwarf Fortress I play my dwarf fortress complete when I want variety. From time to time I play different popular mods like civforge or kobold camp.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 10:49:40 am »

Just a few modded dinosaurs, and mammoths. Zombie mammoths make the game more fun. I just had fun with a year-old settlement and three or four zombie mammoths, in fact. Long and protracted fun which ended with two children starving to death while a dwarven caravan sat in the depot with no adults to trade with.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 11:21:04 am »

My own mod, Dwarf Fortress DIG DEEPER of course!

Found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980

[/shameless plug].
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 [2]