Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11]Megabeast arriving witohut announcing siege, cannot be attacked  (Read 1053 times)

dragonfi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I had a Bronze Colossus arrive without a siege announcement, then it started destroying constructions. It ignores the dwarves around him, and my military won't attack it either.

Sometimes it seems it's AI is bugged, because it just stops on a random furniture and does nothing.
If I remove the furnitue he continues along his way to seek out another one, destroys a few, then stops on one of them again.

DF version: v0.28.181.40d11

(By the way, this is the first time I see a megabeast in Fortress Mode)

PS: where can I upload the save file (if necessary)?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Are you sure that it "arrived" and wasn't already on the map when you embarked?  If it was hanging out in a cave or whatever, it was probably affected by the same bug that's been known to cause strange friend/enemy behavior with other creatures linked to map features.

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

maybe it came as a 'pet' or possibly your king?

has anyone tested if having a building destroyer as your king makes them still demolish everything?

dragonfi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Cave: Maybe, but then it was sealed for all those years and only dug out recently, It's a 2x2 area, so I'm sure I would find it quite early.
(played at least 4 year, maybe more)

Immigration: I capped the population at 100, wich I already reached.

A Colossus King? in an unmodded DF, quite unlikeley.

Further more, I play in a pocket dimension ( to increase frame rate), and I only found 1 Colosssus in the lore.

I chekced the lore and it's cave is on hte other half of the generated world, moreover, it's apparently arrived with a human caravan, and massacared them( that means being hostile to them and all), yet it was "friendly" towards my dwarfs (apart from the aformentioned building-destroying stuff).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:03:12 am by dragonfi »

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creatures with building-destroyer will destroy any buildings they come near, regardless of their allegiance. Thus, it's not recommended to have building-destroyer traders (who will deconstruct the depot when they arrive) or especially building-destroyer civ-able civilizations.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

or especially building-destroyer civ-able civilizations.

I'm tired.
*Yawn*
RAWR!  BED MUST DIE!