Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you read this story semi-regularly/have read it all the way through?  (This just sates my curiosity on how many people read this thing.)

Yes, I read it when it updates!
Yes, I've read/am reading it all the way through!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Olonkulet - Bloodlines  (Read 62465 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Olonkulet - Refuge (Community/Fugitives)
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2009, 01:14:52 pm »

wow how ironic that the same imagry was found.
That's not ironic  >:(

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:50 pm »

and i would like one to be trained up, basically she wanted to be a mechanic, but never got the chance, or something to the effect of that.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2009, 03:08:19 pm »

i know ;) :P

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2009, 05:26:23 pm »

The plot thickens! What is Karana hiding? Is Grottomountains secretly a portal to another world? Is the donkey cage from the future? Is Broose secretly an elf with dwarfism? Who is the father of Ragnas baby? FIND OUT NEXT WEEK same olonkulet time, same olonkulet channel!

I laughed pretty hard at the artifact description. It just had to be a recursive hatchcover, didn't it? :P I think about a quarter of my artifacts are recursive hatchcovers for some reason. Keep 'em coming dude  ;D

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2009, 05:36:22 pm »

i think its going to be a portal to a elven fortress....when we have A MASSIVE ARMY MWUHAHAHAHAAHAHH  ok im done :)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 06:15:07 pm »

I think Emerin might want to... ahem, appropriate that jasper hatch cover. Once a jewel thief, always a jewel thief.

In general, I'm surprised at how little our dwarves' criminal tendencies have carried over into the fortress itself. I expected more conflict. Like Emerin, being a non violent thief, might be a little uncomfortable dealing with Urgash, a brutal murderer. And how Frey, being the apparent orchestrator of the escape from the mountainhomes, might be somewhat angry that Emerin decided to put herself in charge.

It's rather orderly for a temporary colony of prisoners, isn't it?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »

were all out here in the desert. all for one, one for all. we kill someone, thats one less person who could be helping keeping the group alive  ;D

anyway, i love when you get recursive artifacts XD always makes me wonder exatly how they were able to get such detail

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 10:48:33 pm »

I think Emerin might want to... ahem, appropriate that jasper hatch cover. Once a jewel thief, always a jewel thief.

In general, I'm surprised at how little our dwarves' criminal tendencies have carried over into the fortress itself. I expected more conflict. Like Emerin, being a non violent thief, might be a little uncomfortable dealing with Urgash, a brutal murderer. And how Frey, being the apparent orchestrator of the escape from the mountainhomes, might be somewhat angry that Emerin decided to put herself in charge.

You make a very good point.  I'll work on characterisation a bit more through the next few updates.  These will be largely story, as not a great deal noteworthy happens throughout 352.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2009, 12:01:18 am »

Emerin's Log
20th Haematite, 352

A fight broke out in the Beerhall today.  Another fight, this time between Loksvig and the smelter/mechanic Ousire.  By the time I got back from the western shaft to deal with it, Broose was already restraining Loksvig and Ousire's friend Yngwie had managed to pull her away.  Apparently the thing started with an off-handed comment by Ousire about me (brilliant), which my dear love responded to with a jibe about her mother's beard.  Things very nearly broke into a riot when that bloody pirate Jora got onto the scene and tried to challenge Loksvig to a duel.

Jora.  That dwarf is responsible for half the fights in my book (I cannot believe I have a book for this sort of thing!  We're trying to escape a bloody desert, why do I have to use bloody book-keeping just to keep things in order?!).  She's quick-tempered and has a head full of romantic ideas about living the life of a bloody bandit.  I asked Frey to investigate her for me (still unnerves me he knows how to do that), comes back with a colourful history of robbing a bunch of human towns and fleeing on horseback or by ship.  Doesn't the girl know how to pull off a proper heist?  You walk out of the bank, waving and smiling at the man you just robbed whilst he considers you his best customer, you don't run!

Karana is gaining a lot of influence amongst the Nakasians.  Urgash practically worships the ground she works on, which is pretty disturbing when you consider it's Urgash doing the worshipping.  You'd think Danielle would take issue with it, but as far as I can tell she either doesn't know or doesn't care.  I should be worried about this sort of thing, but Frey (who seems to be giving me a lot more advice on these things now that the mines have reopened and we're working together again) assures me the girl has no real designs on power.

Designs on power!  As if I want this job!  I've actually tried to pass it over to Broose and Frey a few times, as one has proven himself so steadfast and the other seems inevitably at ease and with a plan or suggestion at hand.  Both of them rebuffed me with the same horrible truth; I've the gift of the gab.  Politics, especially now that we have twenty-five people here, is all about handling people.  Who better to do it than a bloody con artist?  By Deler's midnight beard, I just want to get out of this place with a few good gemstones and go somewhere I can get a warm bath and a decent drink.

I'm going to have to call a meeting.

24th Haematite, 352

Meeting went poorly.  Loksvig largely spent it making witticisms until Broose picked him up by the shirt and held him in the air for half a minute.  That was about three-quarters of the way through.  Fath was too busy trying to tell us about his latest device to really listen for long, and I've never exactly gotten the feeling that he cares about people too much either.  Urgash as usual was the pinnacle of helpfulness and the voice of reason, right up until he casually suggested murdering them all so he could have some fresh materials to work with.  The lunatic then started going into a plan, calm-as-you-please, to capture them and stick them in a pit and slaughter them individually so that the abbatoir wouldn't get clogged up!  Why the hell did we bring this madman with us?

Decision was eventually reached.  Something has to be done about the fights, even if it means it's going to be a lot harder to half-inch jewellery from the bins now.  Not that it was easy to begin with - Danielle accounts like a hawk.  I've had to use the marketplace to 'wash' quite a few trinkets, since she keeps track of everything from raw materials upwards.  The girl even asks for status reports, with values in firecap!  Anyhow, we'll need to make an appointment.  Fath assures me the offices will be finished in four days' time, so we'll work on it then.

28th Haematite, 352

Emerin, Danielle and Broose led Ragna and her fellow soldiers, Jora and Datan, up the steps of the expanded beerhall, entering the doorway on the first floor.  Within were three offices, tiled with polished chalk on floor and wall alike.  The light filtering through the thin windows made the spartan rooms practically glimmer.

"As you've already seen," Danielle explained, "Fath's design has expanded the rear bunkrooms to cope with general sleeping requirements, which we admit is a temporary measure but should at least keep everyone's heads dry.  Up here, we have the administration centre."

"Administration centre!" grunted Broose.  "We've been here so bloody long we actually need a bloody government.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry."

"If I didn't laugh," muttered Emerin, "I'd have hanged myself already.  Danielle and I are struggling with too much paperwork to manage it without offices to keep it all.  So there's a main office here, as well as offices for the accounts and for the sherriff."

"We have a sherriff now?" piped up Jora from behind Ragna.  She wrinkled her nose with displeasure.

"We've no choice," sighed Emerin.  "Nobody will like it because half of us are criminals.  Which is the problem.  There've been two fights this week over people half-inching other people's rations, and nearly twenty over the last three months for a variety of little disputes; card games gone wrong, whose seat in the beerhall is whose, pulling of beards and such.  It's all trivial, but sooner or later someone will steal something important or say something wrong and we'll have a bloody mess on our hands."

"So who are you putting in charge?" asked Ragna, looking to Broose expectantly.

"You."

"What?" exclaimed Ragna.  "You can't make me Sherriff, I'm already in charge of the militia!"

"Believe me, we considered that," said Emerin.  "The simple fact is that your migrants and the seven of us haven't really got to know each other that well yet, and they all seem to trust you.  If we put Broose here in charge, that's going to look like a government of 'three of them and none of us' to the dwarves out there.  I may be a criminal, but I know people and I know that's a recipe for disaster.  When people are getting pulled apart so they don't kill each other over a mug of ale, I'd much rather they think 'old Captain Ragna held me back, stopped us from doing something silly', rather than 'that bastard Broose beat me up, those guys are trying to keep us down'."

"You can't have the military and the guard force the same," said Ragna.  "If the guys defending the people are the same guys allowed to use lethal force at their own discretion, it's a dictatorship, not a community.  Guards can watch themselves, but if not the guards then who will be watching the soldiers?"

"Me," rumbled Broose.  He patted the axe at his belt gently.

"Broose here will be your sergeant, Captain," explained Danielle.  "He can carry out military orders from you whilst you can still serve as a guard, and because that chain of command exists he can break it if you make an order that is either treasonous or-"

"-bloody stupid," finished Broose.  "The guard watches the government, the government watches the soldiers, and I watch you.  That way everyone stays civil."

"That's the offer," said Emerin.  "We'd much rather you take it than leave it, but it's your choice either way."

"What about Karana?" asked Ragna.  "She's certainly popular enough."

"No military experience," said Emerin, "and frankly I don't want to consider the ramifications of putting a 'holy dwarf' in charge of law enforcement.  Do you want the job?"

"No," grumbled Ragna, "but I'll take it anyway.  You make a good sell, Emerin."

Emerin nodded and led her and the other dwarves into one of the rear offices, explaining the various minutae of Ragna's new post.

----------

Journal entries are so much easier and quicker to write than vignettes.  I don't have to come up with dialogue.  -.-

You may also have noticed I'm not doing a graphic with every single vignette now.  Sometimes there just isn't that much to show.  I'll add them in when they're appropriate.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 12:24:05 am »

Back in a position of military command again, eh? Ragna might be able to fall back into old military routines easily, but she still will refuse any stupid beating orders, such as beating a planter for a failure to make bismuth items, something Broose seems to not have picked up on yet.  :) She's extremely fair, and here loyalty to those higher than her is only matched by her desire to not see those under her hurt unnecessarily.

So the basic leaders are (as i see it)

Emerin: leader
broose/ frey: second in commands
Ragna: militia leader, sheriff
Karana: religious leader

That about right?

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 12:41:50 am »

So is Broose getting military training yet?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:57 am »

Unfortunately, Broose only managed to get trained up to competency in armour/shield use & wrestling/axedwarfship before he got a neck injury and could no longer spar.  When we get a decent stock of bone bolts built up, I'll put him on marksdwarf duty to make him of further use.

Frey & Emerin are master miners at this point, with Ascubis at Expert+, so the whole mining crew is pretty experienced now.  Karana is really contributing to trading ability, as her gemsetting skill means nearly always exceptional/masterwork gemwork.  Fath and Loksvig are feeling a bit left out on the mechanical side of things (the high-level mechanics of Olonkulet will be a while before they set in, I'm afraid), though Fath is a proficient engraver at this point from smoothing all the hamlet floors.

Jora and Datan are both heroes now (in wrestling), and Ragna's actually a champion, having hit legendary wrestling.  Vignette about that coming up soonish.  I tried to cut them off and have them switch to sword practice at Professional/Accomplished to stop this happening (Ragna was also our main weaponsmith, but I'll have to designate a new one now), but they picked up enough wrestling on the side to keep advancing through to hero level.

Urgash is a pretty experienced cook, roasting ridiculous amounts of food to get prepared food out of the barrels and into the stockpiles, freeing the barrels up for the much-needed liquor.  He's also keeping up on the bonecrafting side of things, but I designated a new leatherworker so he wasn't always so strained (issues with rotting butchered items were arising).  There are now about 18 puppies in storage, waiting to grow old so they can be slaughtered.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 05:53:15 am »

Vignette: Difference
12th Malachite, 352

Danielle peered at the strange stone contraption set on her desk.  It appeared to be a squat chalk box, half the size of her filing chest, with a series of stone tiles along the bottom and a row of ten cylinders across the top.  The cylinders were set end-to-end into the device, bearing digits engraved into them.  All the cylinders currently had '0' facing the viewer.  The stone tiles had the digits '0' through '9' scribed on them and a small variety of mathematical signs.  They looked to be depressable.  There was a lever on one side.

"And you call this what?" Danielle asked Fath, who was fidgeting on the other side of the desk.

"I call it me new engine for working out the difference 'tween numbers, lassie," exclaimed Fath proudly.

"Which in dwarven means?"

"It does sums!  Addition, subtraction, it even does division and multiplication with logarithms!  Here, look.  Yon types in yon number yon starts wi',  then't 'addition' sign, then't next number."  Fath quickly typed numbers into the engine, causing the little cylinders to flick around to the correct places, displaying the number on the rack of cylinders.  When he pressed the addition sign, the cylinders all flicked back to zero.

"Hey!" said Danielle.  "How is it going to add the number if it's gone like that?"

"Ah well, it remembers them, lassie.  Tha's the beauty of it.  Then y' type in the nex' number an' it gi's y' y' answer."  Fath's accent thickened to the point of syrup as he became more involved, giving Danielle some difficulty actually understanding what the highmountain dwarf was saying.  She did watch as Fath pulled the lever on the side and the cylinders spun around to the correct answer to the sum.

"So it's an abacus," said Danielle carefully, "that doesn't require you to actually think?"

"Well, aye, I guess yon could put i' like that.  The machine does the thinkin' for yon."

"Except that I can work out a sum in my head faster than it takes me to type all of that in by hand."

"Well, aye," admitted Fath, "bu' not all dwarves can do that.  If you're not so good at sums, this could be very useful.  I could make it smaller if I had metal to make the gears wi', though.  Like brass," he added hopefully.

"I've explained this before, Fath, we can't get any forging done until the western shaft is complete.  Thank you for showing this device to me, though.  It's not really a thinking engine as such though, is it?"

"No?"  Fath frowned.  Danielle shook her head.

"Well, it doesn't learn, it doesn't perceive the world around it.  It just grinds numbers.  If you want to make an engine that thinks, maybe you should start by making one that thinks for itself, rather than for us?"  Fath pondered that.

"Aye, lass, you may be onto something there."  He picked up the device and waddled out of the room with it, Danielle watching him leave.  As the door closed, she glanced at the long list of numbers on the day book in front of her and calmly jotted numbers down at speed along the right hand side, popping a firecap from the nearby fingerbowl into her mouth as she worked through the sums.

Vignette: War Stories - The Spider's Left Hand
17th Galena, 352

Broose leant against the barracks wall with a flask of gin, watching the fight in progress.  Unlike the other fighters, Broose was excused from sparring by an old war injury to the neck, but he had enough competence as an axedwarf and wrestler to get by, so nobody gave him lip about it.  Datan also had taken a seat on the floor near Broose, awaiting his turn.

Ragna stood calmly at one end of the barracks, sword sheathed and hands pressed together before her whilst Jora saluted with her sword, waved it in a dramatic flourish and charged with a great bellow.  The swordsdwarf rushed towards her teacher at speed, raising her sword for a fell swoop - and finding it gone from her hands and clattering across the room.  A split second later a rain of blows came down on her from behind and she ducked and rolled, dodging the flurry of strokes from the Captain, who was moving with impossible agility.  In less than ten seconds it was over, Jora pressed on her back with the Captain's weight on her.  Ragna casually drew her short sword and rested it on Jora's neck.

"Yield," she commanded.  Jora tapped feebly on the ground.

Later that evening, over drinks at the Beerhall, Datan posed the question of where Ragna had learned to move so quickly.

"I learned from the Old Elven Masters," answered Ragna, to the laughter of Jora and Datan.  Broose frowned instead.

"I do not doubt your word, but I find it worrying that you were so close to the Elves," he said.  "The Masters do not train just anyone."

"What?" said Jora.  "I thought she was joking.  You're telling me there is actually such a thing as an Old Elven Master?"

"I don't believe it," chuckled Datan.  "The captain and the sergeant are having us on, Jora.  We all know the myths; ancient elven druids from the beginning of time that possess ultimate skill in combat!"

"They aren't druids, by definition," said Ragna.  "The myths get that one mixed up.  The druids don't fight.  That's not their role."

"So what are they?" asked Jora.

"Old hands," said Broose.  "Soldiers that got so good at staying alive they never died.  They guard the hearts of forests, and they can kill armies if roused to.  I've seen it happen.  I want to know how you managed it, Captain."

"I'm an old dwarf," sighed the Captain, "and my memory is not what it was-"

"Round of bourbon for the Captain," shouted Jora to the dwarf manning the liquor kegs.  She leant back and grinned smugly as the tankard was brought over, passing the dwarf a couple of the firecaps that were in so great a surplus they were being used as currency.

"Nothing jogs the memory like booze," chuckled Ragna.  "Very well.  It was many years ago..."

There was a war on.  There was always a war on, but in that day it was with the goblins and not the elves.  They had been set against the standards of the Granite Spider, led personally by their demon master Slakga Burybad, who was known as the Branded Oblivion.  Ragna's detachment had been sent out specially to intercept a troop of goblins transporting one of their military's higher ups; a priest-general supposedly at Slakga's left hand.  Their orders were to capture the goblin commander and return him alive for interrogation, or else to kill him if no other option presented itself.  They stalked through the forests of the Elven nation The Fin of Saints, with whom a tenuous peace existed between both dwarves and goblins.  In the depths of the neutral forest, they spied their quarry.

The parade of goblin soldiers marched through the forest, stamping the grass flat as they went.  A relatively small band, about twenty unarmed slave shock troops, backed up by three hammerers and three marksgoblins.  Their prize, a sedan coach covered with purple velvet drapes, was borne aloft on steel poles by four goblins who were supremely well-dressed by comparison to their fellows, sporting polished steel armour and fine longswords at their belts.  The dwarves silently moved into position ahead of the retinue, their footsteps masked by the layer of soft earth and leaves in the forest.  As the goblins marched into position, Commander Rimblazes shouted the order and the marksdwarves let loose their bolts.  Nearly half the entourage went down with the first volley, a lucky bolt even dropping one of the swordmasters holding up the sedan.  With a battlecry, the axedwarves charged into battle and the goblins strode to meet them.  In the first ten seconds blades clashed, bolts flew and a much younger lieutenant Ragna drove her axe through the chest of the last remaining marksgoblin.  In another ten seconds the goblins were halved again, though the swordmasters had struck down three dwarves in the fight, and ten seconds after that the last swordmaster was riddled through with bolts.  The sedan sat abandoned in the middle of the glade. 

The marksdwarves quickly dragged the bodies away from the sedan as the axedwarves set up a containment ring around it.  "Show yourself!" called out the commander.  "We have you surrounded, give up without a fight and you will be taken prisoner!"

There was a rustling of the sedan's drapes and the axedwarves tensed themselves for a possible fight.  The marksdwarves cocked their bows.  To their great surprise, what stepped forth from the sedan was not some battle-ready goblin champion, nor a richly-robed dark priest, but a wizened and rather frail-looking old human in faded yellow lintgrass robes and a long grey beard.  A pair of round spectacles perched on his hook-like nose gave him all the appearance of a rather surprised owl.  He smiled peaceably at the confused dwarves.  Commander Rimblazes, for want of imagination, went with the mission he had been given.

"Human," he called out, "we do not mean to kill you.  Surrender any weapons you possess."

"I have only my walking staff," replied the old human, sheepishly, reaching into the sedan and producing a rather gnarled oak staff.  He leant on it heavily.  "You would deprive me of this, when you wish me to walk so far with you?"  Rimblazes considered this for a moment, then nodded.

"Keep it then, old man.  We were sent here to capture a goblin leader, the left hand of the Branded Oblivion.  You will tell us where he is."

"I will?" replied the old man with a puzzled expression.  "Well, if you say so, but I should say that I already have."

"What nonsense is this?  Tell us where he is, human!  We do not wish to harm you, but if you do not comply with our demands, we shall be forced to."

"All I am saying is that if you do not believe your own eyes, why should you believe what I can say?"  Rimblazes looked first bewildered, then incredulous.

"You mean to say that you are the goblin leader we seek?"

"Well, as you say.  Here I am, here you were told to go, and it does appear that I am leading some goblins.  So what do you suppose?"  Rimblazes harrumphed loudly at that; he was no dwarf for playing games.

"Then you will come with us," he snapped shortly.  "You are our prisoner and will be treated fairly, unless you provide resistance."

"Ah," smiled the old human.  "Yes, I can see how that might become a problem.  You see, I'm very fond of my freedom and I really must insist you change your mind on this."

"Not going to happen, old man."

"Very well," sighed the human, planting his staff in the ground and raising his hands.  "You can't say I didn't try, can you?"

"No, I can't," grunted Rimblazes.  "Keep your hands there, and one of my dwarves will bind them.  Since you've been so co-operative, we'll even bind them in front so you can eat your dinner like a civilised being, rather than the trough we had planned for the goblin."

"I am ever so grateful," said the human with another peaceful smile.  "Tell me, where will you be taking me?"

"Sir?" called Ragna from behind the captain, who waved her off.

"Not now, lieutenant.  Also, our destination is none of your business, prisoner."

"Oh, come now," said the human.  "I have been very compliant.  Who will it hurt, hm?"

"Sir, I-"

"Later, lieutenant!" snapped the captain.  "Bind his hands, since you're so eager.  As for where we're taking you, we'll be heading north to rejoin with the army, where you'll be interrogated by our generals.  I shall tell you no more than that."

"Thank you for that courtesy at least," replied the old man.

"Sir!" shouted Ragna.

"What in Gigin's name is it, lieutenant?" barked Rimblazes, spinning around to face her.

"Look at his feet, sir!"

Everyone's eyes turned to the ground around the old man.  In a near perfect circle, emanating outward from the point of the staff embedded into the ground, the blood-soaked grass was drying up and crumbling to ash.  The wizard smiled cheerfully and raised two fingers and a thumb.  Placing the index finger firmly on the thumb, he gave a cheerful exclamation.

"I'd like to thank you in advance for the entertainment, captain.  I'm afraid I won't get the chance afterwards."

The old man snapped his fingers and Captain Rimblazes exploded in a blast of fire, gore and bone.  From that moment on, chaos reigned and fire rained.  Trees twisted and blackened as the human-looking entity brought his arm in an arc, wreathing dwarves in sheets of potent flame.  Ragna did the only thing she could when faced with such a horror; she ran.  She ran as hard and fast as she could as behind her the shrieks and screams of her companions echoed through the forest.  So energised by terror was she that she ran for nearly a mile before she realised that the flame had touched her too, searing her back with horrific burns.  She staggered forward, falling into the dirt and into darkness.

She awoke six days later in a soft, gossamer hammock, her wounds treated and armour and weaponry stripped from her.  The first thing she saw was the ring of elven faces staring down at her.

"And then what?" prompted Jora excitedly.  A small crowd had gathered around the table now to listen to Ragna's old war story.  The captain laughed and leant back with her mug, tapping her nose knowingly.

"That, young scoundrel, is a tale for another time and another keg of bourbon."  There were moans from the audience, but the atmosphere remained friendly and most of the listeners moved away to their various businesses.  Datan stared at the captain, eyes narrowed.

"I don't believe you," he declared.  "Humans that shoot fire?  Rescued by elves?  Don't take this as an insult to your honour, captain, it's been a great story, but that's a little too far-fetched."

Ragna drained the rest of her bourbon slowly, then stood up.  Datan flinched as she reached for her scabbard, then relaxed as she unbuckled it from her belt.  Turning around, she lifted the back of her shirt.

"Do you believe me now?" she asked.

Datan could say nothing.  Not an inch of skin remained untouched upon her back, scarred as it was from ancient burns.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:50:09 am by Iituem »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 10:29:45 am »

Ooh, wizardry of the magical and technical kinds.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2009, 04:11:42 pm »

wow, what can I say?

I am awe struck by your storytelling, you have a talent no dought about that.

can I request a dwarf?

preferably male but I don't mind female
Khain if male Hane if female
primeraly a marksdwarf/hunter but can be switched to full time military or another labour

backstory: Khain was born to a poor family in a bad part of the montain home, murder and theft common place. right from the word go he signed up with the hunters to get outside the hell hole he'd lived in and found that life outside was not as bad as discribed to him. His life was rather good intill he learnt that his nabourhood had been purged by order of a high ranking noble, who went by the name of Olgnar, Olgnar had done this to further his carrear and to bring his corrupt ideas to fruit. This angerd Khain to the point of insanity, that one dwarf would sacrifice familys to further there own selfish needs. He gathered many hunters who had also had also had now deceaced family and they took the royal guard by suprise and slayughtered many to get to Olgnar who was rendered to pieces in a mob of angry dwarfs who wanted revenge.

As Khain stood ontop of the carnage, he discoverd that he had turned into the thing he had sworn to destroy, he had killed the guard of Olgnar without a second thought, striking down sons and daughters, mothers and fathers. Destrought, Khain fled to self exile, taking a personal oath to make up for the wrong that he had done.

Personality: resirved, cautious of new people and very suspisous of every one around him. He doesn't make friends easily and can be frosty to people but the bonds he does make are strong and he does everything he can to help them when they are in trouble. He sticks to a personal code of conduct that he keeps secret, mainly trying to help people and making right the wrong, not stopping intill he is satisfied that his oath is fufilled
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31