Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - SCRATCH - Do-over in new thread  (Read 19678 times)

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - Day 1 has started
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2009, 05:04:47 am »

Oh, you know, the old "Hey what are you doing in my bed licking my toes" occurrence. A natural thing, I assure you, so place down that torch my good chum.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2009, 05:31:10 am »

I vote Flintus10 to get him talking.

Yeah sorry lads couldn't get on but for now I will vote No lynch . As there hasn't really been much solid evidence yet.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:42 am »

I vote no lynch.

I'll be sure to remember the color coding.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2009, 06:24:39 am »

I unvote Flintus10.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2009, 07:23:46 am »

Ooh, first day action. Trust webadict to have a plan.
I will vote webadict until he does his thing (roleflipping). When (if) he does I shall unvote. This is the only sensible course of action at the present. 
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2009, 10:26:58 am »

Ooh, first day action. Trust webadict to have a plan.
I will vote webadict until he does his thing (roleflipping). When (if) he does I shall unvote. This is the only sensible course of action at the present. 

Quite, right, NUKE. I'd be suspicious of me too, asking for power roles to contact me and what-not.

Webadict is a dopp. Mebbe.
I can scan you, if you'd like.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2009, 10:29:32 am »

I guess I should add my two cents.

As I've said in earlier games, I'm in favor of a first-day lynch just because it gets the conversation flowing and gives us more information.  However, I'm not sure who to vote for yet, so I'm going to not vote for now, and weigh in again later closer to the date (probably after Webadict has flipped somebody)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2009, 11:18:19 am »

The Whiteboard

Archangel: webadict
webadict: NUKE9.13
No Lynch: Archangel, Flintus10, Frelock, TheToeBighter98

Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific time Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2009, 11:40:40 am »

I'll vote Webadict, on the off-chance that he is a dopp with a very poorly-thought out plan.  I'll drop my vote as soon as he pulls off his reveal.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2009, 12:06:12 pm »

I'll vote Webadict, on the off-chance that he is a dopp with a very poorly-thought out plan.  I'll drop my vote as soon as he pulls off his reveal.
Poorly thought-out? I resent that! Also, you are more likely a Dopp than not, according to some calculations.

Also, Meph, if I scan the Ghost, will it be revealed that he is indeed the ghost?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:18 pm »

Also, Meph, if I scan the Ghost, will it be revealed that he is indeed the ghost?

Yes, if a Disciple of Truth scans a ghost that character's true role will be revealed to everyone.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2009, 12:23:25 pm »

Poorly thought-out? I resent that! Also, you are more likely a Dopp than not, according to some calculations.
Look, if you are a dopp claiming to be DoT, it's not a very good plan.  The day will pass, you won't have role-flipped anyone, and everyone will know you're a liar.  I highly doubt that you're a dopp, because frankly, you're smarter than that.
Also, what are these calculations?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:37 pm »

Look, if you are a dopp claiming to be DoT, it's not a very good plan.  The day will pass, you won't have role-flipped anyone, and everyone will know you're a liar.  I highly doubt that you're a dopp, because frankly, you're smarter than that.
Also, what are these calculations?
Well duh. I basically have to find a Doppelganger or Townie to scan, thereby creating a Town base or lynching a Doppelganger. This is the best way to do it, since we have no idea if there is a Protector or not, and I'd prefer not to get a power role killed. So, all I have to do is find a good person to scan.

I kind of want to scan you, Beacon80, since you've been Townie for the past two games (Gambler's Fallacy), and since you were the SECOND person to vote for me.

Also chaoticjosh, but that's just because he's been not Dopp for two in a row, as well. And then there's Pandarsenic. Honestly, it's always either one of us three--me, Pandarsenic, or chaoticjosh--that are in the Mafia, or a combination of both. That way, I can clear one of our names, or royally screw us over.

... I dunno, chaoticjosh is a better idea. Besides, there's a Bodyguard somewhere, and if I scan the Protector, we have an unbeatable duo: Bodyguard protects Doctor protects Bodyguard. Unless the other side has a Psychic Warden.

...I think I'll scan chaoticjosh, based only on this quote:
WA is doing the usually intelligent thing. The DoT sounds like a skill that should be saved, but it's not, it's something that should be expended as soon as possible. Solifuge last game made the HUGE mistake of not using his power, even when he was about to be lynched.

WA is doing what I'd do in his situation, is what I'm saying, so I endorse it.
That doesn't sound like chaoticjosh! That sounds like a Dopp!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2009, 01:36:53 pm »

Gambler's Fallacy is just that, a fallacy.  My roles in the last two games have no effect on my role in this game.  It doesn't matter if I've been a townie for 99 games, I'm no more likely to be a dopp in this particular game.
And like I said, my vote for you isn't really a serious vote.  It was more of a joke.  I'll even Unvote.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:39 pm »

Webadict strides forward and raises his arms.

"Today, my friends and neighbors, you shall witness the powers that I have learned through years of study and meditation. Today the veil of lies that covers reality shall be lifted, and you shall know the true nature of chaoticjosh."

He begins to chant, and his fingers inscribe strange shapes upon the air. Where his fingers have passed you can see glowing blue runes etched upon the air. Soon, the air begins to crackle with power.

With a final word he points his fingers at chaoticjosh, and the runes rush forward and surround him. He is lit by a blue glow, and suddenly you can see it. It's all so obvious. He is Human, and a Reporter for the local paper. How you couldn't see it before is a mystery.

The light slowly fades away, and webadict steps back.

"There. I have done as I promised, and we now have two known humans within this town. Sadly, it takes weeks of meditation to build up the power necessary to do this, so I will not be able to use my powers to aid us further. The rest of you must take what I have done and use it to save this town.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10