Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - SCRATCH - Do-over in new thread  (Read 19682 times)

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - Sign ups!
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »

Yes, I'm signing in too.

But only if I can be a zany ninja!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 12:20:25 pm »

Ninja, huh? Well, I guess I can try to work that into your story somehow. No guarantee that it'll give you any abilities, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 12:44:04 pm »

Yeah, not a role, just a funny bit of backstory.

Seriously, though, you don't have to if it complicates things, I still want to play.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 12:45:13 pm »

Hehe. All right, we'll see if I come up with anything. You might luck out on roles.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 05:21:11 pm »

Last call for sign-ups!

I'm going to run the Role-generator and start writing up role PMs in the next hour and a half or so. (~5pm Pacific time)
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - Last call for Sign ups!
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 06:35:23 pm »

Awesome.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - Last call for Sign ups!
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 06:42:23 pm »

I've actually started some of the write-ups now. I've got two set-ups genned, one for 15 players and one for 16. So I'm writing up all the cross-over roles between them. That'll speed things up a bit.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 - Day 1 has started
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »

It has been a disturbing summer in this town. Strange e-mails about aliens and monster serial killers flooding in-boxes, the local kids starting a 'Ninja Club', that crop circle hoax over in Farmer John's fields. That stuff was just odd. But then came the Horrific storms last week. Those destroyed crops, damaged roads, and flooded half the town. Most people fled the flooding, but those of you who lived on the hilltops stayed. Things got bad, but not so bad you felt you needed to run...not until the killings started happening.

At first you all assumed that the missing people just up and left. Got tired of the water or something. Who knows? But that was until you discovered the Brown's door smashed down, and pools of blood inside. The whole family, killed without a trace. You searched the surrounding area, and came across some strange pods half-flooded down in the woods. One of you recognized the pods from descriptions of the monsters in your e-mails. Not only that, you found one of the monsters dead in its pod! Guess those e-mails weren't a joke after all. The other four pods are all empty, though, ripped open from the inside. You're guessing they're responsible for these murders.

Later that day, the one remaining bridge out of town comes crashing down into the flooded river. So, now you've got four monsters on the loose in your town, and no good way to get out of here or call in help. You'll have to take care of this yourself. To do so, you follow the instructions from the internet. You'll get together during the day, and vote on someone you think is a doppelganger. The person with the most votes gets killed. It's brutal, but it's worked before and you hope it'll work again.

Good luck!

Ok, game is up and PMs are sent out!

Make sure you review the rules set on Page 1 of this thread. There have been a few changes since last time.

Day one will go until Wednesday at 5pm Pacific time.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 07:16:02 pm »

We will win, WITH INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE INTERNET!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2009, 07:20:28 pm »

The internet would never lie to us, so killing off people based on circumstantial evidence MUST be better than gathering up in one big group until the authorities arrive!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 07:21:55 pm »

I vote Inaluct to get him to talk.

Come on guys. Inaluct is Mafia 50% of the time.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 07:24:23 pm »

I have no idea where you're pulling these statistics from Org, but I'm pretty sure Inaluct is almost never the mafia. I certainly don't remember him being mafia outside of your game.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 07:25:43 pm »

I remember he was in one DF mafia, and a few others...

I am only doing this to get him to talk.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »

The internet would never lie to us, so killing off people based on circumstantial evidence MUST be better than gathering up in one big group until the authorities arrive!

Indeed. But there's the difficulty that the authorities would have getting here in time to save us that is the problem. I'd say it'll take 'em about 10 days or so. So until then, I think we'd better do as the internet says.

I'm a bit suspicious of Josh and inaluct for Josh's instant defense of inaluct. But of course I'm also suspicious of Org for jumping to vote inaluct so fast with fake statistics. However, none of these suspicions are enough to vote for any of these people yet.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 07:47:42 pm »

Oh, come on, Org. Just because I was mafia in your game doesn't mean that I'm always mafia.

Didn't you do this in some other game, too?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10