Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70593 times)

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2009, 10:38:41 pm »

I seem...to have found a bug!(oho)

This save file causes the game to crash if I try to disband and wait(I got tired and wanted to see what would happen:)

http://r0x0rk1tt3h.net/bug/save.dat

It is using the sitemaps.txt(I notice saves are not compatible between using sitemaps and not using it, thanks to the bug of not being able to open the file on linux)

Oh, and I did try it on native windows as well as in wine :) appears to do the same thing.(first instinct was that it was a wine issue)

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »

oh, and rawrman. ARE you extracting the zip before actually running it. because it really does sound like you're not.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:20 pm »

oh, and rawrman. ARE you extracting the zip before actually running it. because it really does sound like you're not.

Rawrman is not the proper way to address me :P. I can't play it without extracting it.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2009, 12:49:43 am »

Sorry.
And that's really really weird! I wish to experiment on you. Would you mind donating a liver and your hard drive?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2009, 11:08:12 am »

The code... is a giant friggin switch statement.

Is that..um..bad?

Yes. Like Antagonist said, the code may be straightforward to understand, but the logic for various bits and pieces are everywhere. Painfully structural design; makes maintenance and development a lot more work than they should be (and raises certain sorts of development into the realm of nightmares).

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 25, 2009, 05:14:46 pm »

Sorry.
And that's really really weird! I wish to experiment on you. Would you mind donating a liver and your hard drive?

I like how you ask for a liver. A liver. Lucky me, I have a freezer full of livers.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 25, 2009, 05:19:13 pm »

Hey, selling one of my livers is my retirement plan!

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 25, 2009, 07:32:23 pm »

Sorry.

I like how you ask for a liver. A liver. Lucky me, I have a freezer full of livers.

Oh good! You can use one of those when I take yours. I'm sure they'll work just as well.

Is there any way to "Dismiss" someone from the LCS other than actually getting them killed? Sweatshop workers I can have surrender to the police, wihch is nice.(I'd like to be able to even if they're not about to shoot me, btw. People walk into the police station and turn themselves in all the time...on Television anyway)

Xavior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 26, 2009, 06:39:25 am »

Slight bug. My thief just got her spine shattered while running from the police, and when I put her back in the gang for one last run to let her become a liberal guardian before retiring her to a life of teaching, she still had the highest security skill...

So the quadripilegic is picking locks with her teeth.

There is some code similar to that preventing blind people from hacking the supercomputer you could probably copy :)

...On the other hand. she's also able to push her own wheelchair. and open doors at all...maybe best leave it alone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:14:05 am by Xavior »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #504 on: July 29, 2009, 11:10:27 pm »

Obviously, the guy was using one of these: http://www.cs.uml.edu/~holly/publications/PDF/yanco-gips-resna97.pdf

Along with advanced lock picking robotics with a similar control system.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #505 on: August 06, 2009, 01:35:14 am »

One problem with using the college student example is that those who already are holding Conservative views on the drugs issue aren't likely to look kindly on the college student -- they'll easily see him or her as having destroyed their own life, rather than blaming the government. So more extreme may be necessary here.
Trigger-happy Pot Patrol + no-knock search warrant + startled resident defending from unknown intruders with a gun or knife= one more casualty in the War on Drugs.

It's happened before. Quite a few times, in fact.

http://www.hr95.org/Memorial.html
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:38:45 am by Ciarog »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 06, 2009, 01:32:43 pm »

By the way, I have a quick suggestion regarding the "Abortion" act of liberal disobedience and the newspaper story (and possibly the issue text, I'm not sure).

Currently the act of liberal disobedience is "Posted horrifying pictures of dead abortionists down town" and the news story is basically the same.  However, in this game, conservatives killing liberals should result in a more conservative view on it.  Therefore, would it be possible to change them slightly?  The one that springs to mind is backstreet abotionists.  So the protest could be "Posted horrifying pictures of backstreet abortionist clinics" and the headline could be something like "Woman dies after visiting backstreet abortionist".

RadonPlasma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 06, 2009, 04:53:01 pm »

Xavior: About the dismissal thing - it has to do with recruitment slots being a valuable commodity.  It's arbitrary, yes, but it works.  There was a more detailed discussion of the subject somewhere on this forum...  Can't remember where now, though.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2009, 02:38:32 am »

By the way, I have a quick suggestion regarding the "Abortion" act of liberal disobedience and the newspaper story (and possibly the issue text, I'm not sure).

Currently the act of liberal disobedience is "Posted horrifying pictures of dead abortionists down town" and the news story is basically the same.  However, in this game, conservatives killing liberals should result in a more conservative view on it.  Therefore, would it be possible to change them slightly?  The one that springs to mind is backstreet abotionists.  So the protest could be "Posted horrifying pictures of backstreet abortionist clinics" and the headline could be something like "Woman dies after visiting backstreet abortionist".

I think you suggested it before. Right here actually.

It's possible to change it, I'll just need to do so sooner or later.

I know Johnatan S. Fox has a list of ideas he like to implement, maybe I should start one of my own too.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2009, 11:36:01 pm »

As the game currently stands, methods for getting more juice are too limited. Perhaps make the amount to level up higher, and make more tasks give it/more.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38