Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70653 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2009, 02:36:03 pm »

It could be best if we rename VIEW_Civil Rights to VIEW_Racial Equality to make it easier for developers and more clearer in the long term. Then, "Civil Rights" can no longer affect Torture, Women's Rights, Gay Rights, and Immigration.

We shouldn't let Civil Rights become the next Court House.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2009, 02:38:42 pm »

It could be best if we rename VIEW_Civil Rights to VIEW_Racial Equality to make it easier for developers and more clearer in the long term. Then, "Civil Rights" can no longer affect Torture, Women's Rights, Gay Rights, and Immigration.

We shouldn't let Civil Rights become the next Court House.
Hahaha, true, the Court House is the black hole of issues.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2009, 03:13:20 pm »

Yeah, I was kinda hesitant to use VIEW_CIVILRIGHTS like that, could we possibly add a few minor views, to only be used in this function?

We can, yes. If you do that, I'd definitely suggest reworking the polls so they query about laws instead of attitude[] values though -- the more complicated the calculations for people's opinions on laws get, the more unintelligible it will be to the player unless polls reveal the results of those calculations directly. You'd probably want to specially check a few attitude[] values for things that don't have laws attached to them, like the AM Radio, Cable News, LCS, things like that, but otherwise it makes sense to poll on the laws directly through this function.

Actually, perhaps better yet, you could use the same calculations that are used on ballot measures for the polls, and phrase all the questions in terms of how many favor changing the law to be more liberal/maintaining the L+ status of the law. Ballot measure votes use this function, but alter the results somewhat based on how liberal or conservative the law is currently.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2009, 11:33:28 pm »

I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I think I've encountered a rather serious bug:

Situation: A squad full of guitarists is singing to a conservative.

Bug: If the conservative turns liberal before all the guitarists have had their turn, the remaining guitarists will NOT play music. They will "mistakenly" hit the newly-liberal enemy, possibly causing damage, and DEFINITELY causing the "We've alienated everyone here!" event, turning the new Liberal against you, and committing assault in the process.

I'm not sure why this is happening or how a bug like this is still around, since it would essentially make turning conservatives using multiple guitarists nearly impossible.

[EDIT]

It seems like this only happens with police officers (in my limited experience). Basically, even after the police officer becomes liberal, they will still fight you and you will still fight back. You don't even get to talk to them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:46:12 pm by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 14, 2009, 02:43:34 am »

I think this is intentional, as Police Officers, that is regular run-of-the-mill police officers get back up and shoot at you after you convert them.
!!&!!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2009, 02:48:27 am »

Yeah, but I'm not sure *why*. And if there is a good reason, the game is pretty far from making it apparent.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2009, 10:17:46 am »

Oh please. L4D2 fucking earned it. L4D was EPIC. L4D2 is facing a SHIT TON of improvements.

Besides, with epic deals like the Orange box and the original Half life?

Fuck it. They earned my money.
the ledgendary comedian has been demoted. mediocre comedian.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2009, 11:36:41 am »

Oh please. L4D2 fucking earned it. L4D was EPIC. L4D2 is facing a SHIT TON of improvements.

Besides, with epic deals like the Orange box and the original Half life?

Fuck it. They earned my money.
the ledgendary comedian has been demoted. mediocre comedian.

I wasn't joking.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2009, 11:42:20 am »

That just makes it all the more sad.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2009, 12:15:39 pm »

It seems like this only happens with police officers (in my limited experience). Basically, even after the police officer becomes liberal, they will still fight you and you will still fight back. You don't even get to talk to them.

This is bug that has to do with the way police negotiators are handled. Normally moderates and liberals won't ever attack you, but for police it's a bit different; it needs to be changed so that only moderate police attack you, and liberals stand down.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2009, 08:00:54 pm »

The way guitars are handled in general is sort of... quirky. Right now there's no way to, say, peacefully convert dudes with guitar (yeah I know it initiates "fight mode" anyway, but at least it's not assault) if one of your guys is carrying a crowbar, for instance.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 17, 2009, 06:24:30 am »

Hey, I haven't taken a look at this in a long time so I have no idea what's going on!  In fact the last version I played was apparently 3.14... so... I see allot has changed!  Cool, I noticed you added gay and women's rights but do they have any actual in game effect besides the gentlemen's club?  Like, I remember suggesting a long time ago that in more conservative environments women who didn't look completely out of place would be much better operatives because no one would suspect them of anything.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 17, 2009, 04:24:33 pm »

I would like bearing of illegal arms being something a judge can acuse you of. Obvously, arch conservitive gun control should decrease the serousness of this.
Hello Hunam

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 17, 2009, 11:06:04 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I saw int he change log that it said that if you pick the option involving homosexuality and the option involving dating a law student then the sleeper lawyer will be the same sex, however, I didn't pick the homosexuality option and did pick the law student, but they're still the same sex.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 17, 2009, 11:18:57 pm »

Might be a fluke. I've looked at the source code myself, and can't see why that would happen.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38