Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70649 times)

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2009, 08:47:01 am »

Heyas, did a quick search but didnt find a report about this so sorry if it has been mentioned.

I just started a new game of LCS and went on my usual early game meatshield/hacker recruiting spree. But when I got to the chatting part of it I noticed that several of the gang members i was talking to had AK47's as their weapons. I was a bit surprised to say the least considering that they are so easy to recruit and it was only conserative gun control.

I guess that this could be intended since they can sell the guns but I don't think it makes sense for such an easy to recruit person (and a liberal nonetheless) to have what is arguably the most powerful weapon in the game.

On a related note: A couple of other gang members I recruited came with really odd skills. For example one of them had skill 5 or 6 in computing, which is higher than a lot of programmers I've seen.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2009, 08:51:07 am »

He's a computer gangsta!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2009, 09:30:40 am »

BTW The remaining errors are
Code: [Select]
literalka@punjab:~/svn/lcsgame/branches/31104branch/src$ gcc -fsyntax-only *
compat.cpp: In function ‘void alarmset(int)’:
compat.cpp:211: error: ‘init_alarm’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp:213: error: ‘initalarm’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp:218: error: ‘timer_on’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp:218: error: ‘msToItimerval’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp:219: error: ‘ITIMER_REAL’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp:219: error: ‘setitimer’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp: In function ‘void alarmwait()’:
compat.cpp:228: error: aggregate ‘itimerval timer_now’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined
compat.cpp:229: error: ‘ITIMER_REAL’ was not declared in this scope
compat.cpp:229: error: ‘getitimer’ was not declared in this scope
cc1: error: output filename specified twice
In file included from configfile.h:75,
                 from configfile.cpp:2:
includes.h:131:11: error: #error "You must define either USE_NCURSES or USE_NCURSES_W."
In file included from cursesgraphics.cpp:69:
includes.h:131:11: error: #error "You must define either USE_NCURSES or USE_NCURSES_W."
cursesmovie.cpp: In member function ‘void CursesMoviest::savemovie(char*, int)’:
cursesmovie.cpp:188: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
cursesmovie.cpp: In member function ‘void CursesMoviest::loadmovie(char*)’:
cursesmovie.cpp:224: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
dumpcaps.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
dumpcaps.cpp:26: error: ‘DWORD’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:26: error: expected `;' before ‘numbytes’
dumpcaps.cpp:27: error: ‘HANDLE’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:27: error: expected `;' before ‘h’
dumpcaps.cpp:29: error: ‘h’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:29: error: ‘LCSIO_READ’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:29: error: ‘LCSCreateFile’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:42: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:46: error: ‘numbytes’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:46: error: ‘ReadFile’ was not declared in this scope
dumpcaps.cpp:73: error: ‘CloseHandle’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from game.cpp:73:
game.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
game.cpp:285: error: ‘raw_output’ was not declared in this scope
game.cpp:303: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
game.cpp: In function ‘void end_game(int)’:
game.cpp:779: error: ‘exit’ was not declared in this scope
lcsio.cpp:38: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
lcsio.cpp:55: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
literalka@punjab:~/svn/lcsgame/branches/31104branch/src$
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2009, 10:07:49 pm »

It'd be an ambitious change, but imagine having the police station actually have officers divided into different ranks, detectives, lab staff and so on. Having sleepers in different parts of the force would let you affect it in different ways. For example, high-ranking officers would give raid warnings earlier and with higher reliability than low-ranking ones. Detectives, if assiged to track the LCS, could slow down the police finding you. Lab staff could try to sabotage findings from a crime to let the perpetuators off the hook...

I remember seing Batman: The Dark Knight and seeing the part where Gordon disguises himself as a regular SWAT officer and thinking, "Gee, what if we had something like that in LCS?"

What specifically about it did you want to see in LCS? I'm assuming it's not specifically a police commissioner masquerading as a SWAT officer...

Essentially, I liked the idea of some Advanced Police-type masquerading as "just another Police Officer".  Not really a disguise, but rather just a veteran police officer who doesn't go out of there way to stand out.  Might be a nice "surprise" for the players.  Good surprise if they succeed in kidnapping/seducing, not-so-good surprise should the Liberals face this person in combat.  Would probably either be very good at fighting, or have a speak attack.  Maybe both.  Probably be good should the characters recruit the person....and probably lead to an almost-immediate raid should they kill this person, as the LCS becomes "Public Enemy Number One".

Eh, I used to work at a Video Store, and had A LOT of time on my hands...so I won't be offended if this is totally ignored.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2009, 09:47:43 pm »

That's an interesting bug.

"Let us go or the dead guy gets it!"

"Drop your weapons or I'll put another hole in his head!"
"Drop the guns or the n***** gets it."

Taking yourself hostage should be possible but unlikely to work.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2009, 03:03:54 am »

Taking yourself hostage should be possible but unlikely to work.

Actually, in the history of semi-violent "liberal" protests, threatening to kill yourself in a spectacular fashion is a time honored and quite successful method of negotiation.  Remember those Tibetan monks that lit themselves on fire?  And there was the time five hundred Sioux barricaded themselves in a Washington office and threatened to burn it down with themselves inside it if they didn't get a Presidential audience.

Of course, LCS assumes all police have a "shoot first, ask for compliance never" policy for standoffs.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 08, 2009, 03:44:24 pm »

I thought that there was going to be another bugfix version shortly after the release of 3.19.4, but judging from the few comments that were posted by Jonathan and LiteralKa, the scope of the next version sounds more and more like 4.00 to me. Am I right? Or is something really awesome right around the corner and I should just have waited for a few more days?

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #412 on: June 08, 2009, 05:21:11 pm »

I thought that there was going to be another bugfix version shortly after the release of 3.19.4, but judging from the few comments that were posted by Jonathan and LiteralKa, the scope of the next version sounds more and more like 4.00 to me. Am I right? Or is something really awesome right around the corner and I should just have waited for a few more days?
Probably not 4.0.0, most likely 3.20.0, due to bugfixes on the most part, and not a major revamp.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 08, 2009, 10:26:26 pm »

Probably not 4.0.0, most likely 3.20.0, due to bugfixes on the most part, and not a major revamp.

Not to be a pain in the ass, but could I ask when it'll be released?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2009, 10:29:38 pm »

When it's done.
!!&!!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2009, 07:31:49 am »

+Valve time.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2009, 08:31:09 pm »

+Valve time.

So, you mean it'll be released next year, in a half complete state, then they'll say that they're releasing a sequel that's got all of the things they promised in the original but you have to pay 50 bucks for it?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2009, 02:42:11 am »

+Valve time.

So, you mean it'll be released next year, in a half complete state, then they'll say that they're releasing a sequel that's got all of the things they promised in the original but you have to pay 50 bucks for it?

What does that have to do with Valve?

Not to be a pain in the ass, but could I ask when it'll be released?

It depends when people feel like getting up and working on it... usually for me it only takes a few days of concerted effort to release significant changes, it just depends on when I'm in the mood to do that.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2009, 04:49:31 am »

+Valve time.

What does that have to do with Valve?

Left 4 dead 2

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:00 am »

Oh please. L4D2 fucking earned it. L4D was EPIC. L4D2 is facing a SHIT TON of improvements.

Besides, with epic deals like the Orange box and the original Half life?

Fuck it. They earned my money.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38