Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70637 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2009, 12:27:43 pm »

Also, I want to add some sort of `decay' to the constitution data, where older results have less sway... Maybe Exponential or maybe something involving Markov Chains, those are fun :D, or maybe something else..?

You mean like, less weight toward maintaining the Status Quo the longer the bills have been in effect?
!!&!!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2009, 12:29:32 pm »

Also, I want to add some sort of `decay' to the constitution data, where older results have less sway... Maybe Exponential or maybe something involving Markov Chains, those are fun :D, or maybe something else..?

You mean like, less weight toward maintaining the Status Quo the longer the bills have been in effect?
Not really, I should have clarified that more. What I should have said is that I should take the avg constitution ammendments/year(s) and have the older data weigh less.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2009, 03:33:57 pm »

Hmm, how would I retrieve the name of a location? (Say, an apartment for a newspaper ad)

Code: [Select]
addstr(ad,location[num]->name)

// num representing SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT_UPSCALE, SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT, etc.
Or something?

That won't work, actually, though I can see where that would be useful; SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT and the like don't go in the num itself, they go in location[num]->type. num here is just an index into the location[] vector.

You have two options. If you want to guarantee it's a real building the players can access, you can loop num from 0 to location.size() (or use an stl iterator, but nothing else in the code does) and record everything with a ->type that you like in a separate data structure, then roll on just those results. It's ugly, but it'll work.

The second option is to just randomly generate a new apartment name. I'd have to check to verify, but you'd probably do this by making a dummy locationst object, give it the type you want, call myLocationst.init() on it to have it name itself, and then retrieve the name.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #318 on: May 22, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »

Hmm, how would I retrieve the name of a location? (Say, an apartment for a newspaper ad)

// num representing SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT_UPSCALE, SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT, etc.
Or something?

That won't work, actually, though I can see where that would be useful; SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT and the like don't go in the num itself, they go in location[num]->type. num here is just an index into the location[] vector.

You have two options. If you want to guarantee it's a real building the players can access, you can loop num from 0 to location.size() (or use an stl iterator, but nothing else in the code does) and record everything with a ->type that you like in a separate data structure, then roll on just those results. It's ugly, but it'll work.

The second option is to just randomly generate a new apartment name. I'd have to check to verify, but you'd probably do this by making a dummy locationst object, give it the type you want, call myLocationst.init() on it to have it name itself, and then retrieve the name.

Thanks for the clarification! Though a function for this would be useful :/

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2009, 03:57:50 am »

Ok the game seems to crash when you kill cops that chase you, on foot or in cars. Isn't that the situation that spawns the officer killed on the line of duty headline or something? In any case its quite annoying. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Edit: It ALSO crashed when you only kill, say, one of the pursuing cops.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:27:38 am by Oksbad »
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2009, 08:13:12 am »

Ok the game seems to crash when you kill cops that chase you, on foot or in cars. Isn't that the situation that spawns the officer killed on the line of duty headline or something? In any case its quite annoying. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Edit: It ALSO crashed when you only kill, say, one of the pursuing cops.

What a CONSERVATIVE bug!

Also, maybe adding an `Amnesty International' effect, that, monthly, has a *very* small chance of getting a LIBERAL out of jail. (With, of course, a news story about it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:15:02 am by LiteralKa »

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2009, 01:43:48 pm »

Is it me or are there no longer any police records in the police station?
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2009, 01:46:11 pm »

Is it me or are there no longer any police records in the police station?
I found one or two, (IIRC), but they were VERY rare. But I know for a fact that sleeper actions get them.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #323 on: May 24, 2009, 04:11:47 am »

l0de radio hour episode on The Liberal Crime Squad [warning, show can be quite offensive at times]. But that's how I found the Liberal Crime Squad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 24, 2009, 06:08:27 am »

I had a little Hitler Youth (??) Uniform

Unfamiliar with it? It was an organization for the indoctrination of children in Hitlers Germany.
!!&!!

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 24, 2009, 07:05:47 am »

The Hitler Youth, or Hitlerjugend, was basically a youth orginization in Nazi Germany that was intended to take teenagers and mold them into Nazi-worshipping soldier material. They would be strengthened, toughened, smartened and inundated in propaganda to help them when it came time to join the army. They would also be able to easily purchase knives as a part of the process.

Yeah. It was one of the more invasive things Hitler instituted. Think of it as a severely warped and militarized version of the Boy Scouts.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #326 on: May 24, 2009, 12:12:05 pm »

I had a little Hitler Youth (??) Uniform

Unfamiliar with it? It was an organization for the indoctrination of children in Hitlers Germany.
No, there was just a word there that I didn't understand.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2009, 03:36:43 pm »

Speaking of words I  do not yet understand...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=conservative+scum

We must amend this CONSERVATIVE mistake!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2009, 07:22:49 pm »

Or something?

Yeah, a function doing that would be... helpful, to say the least.

And here's a link to some code I dug up, probably offensive, but it generates political sounding text, so it's quite relevant. http://datavibe.net/~jmax/terror2-cli.pl.txt
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:08:30 pm by LiteralKa »

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2009, 10:29:09 am »

Posting some notes I wrote down in a notebook yesterday.

Holiday - Issue(s)
  • 4th of July - Flag Burning
  • Memorial Day - Military Spending
  • Earth Day - Pollution
  • Election Day - Campaign Finance
  • Arbor Day - Pollution
  • Inaguration Day - Campaign Finance
  • Lincoln's Birthday - Civil Rights
  • Mother's Day - Women's Rights, Abortion
  • MLK Day - Civil Rights
  • Christmas - Religion
  • Easter - Religion
  • 4/20 - Drugs
  • 9/11 - Military Spending

Notes
  • New Pope
  • Liberal Calendaar
  • Recessions
  • Stock Market (Daily quotes in paper)
  • Extinctions
  • Wars

Ask me to clarify anything that isn't clear enough.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38