Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70625 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2009, 11:08:32 pm »

Oh, by the way, it seems that I can switch my founder's gender on his profile screen even if gay rights is only L and not L+.

Is this intended?

Yes. You can switch your founder's gender if gay rights is C+. Just don't expect Conservatives to respect your chosen labels under such conditions.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2009, 01:15:48 am »

Oh, okay.

Honestly, it seems a bit misleading, because there's no indicating after switching your gender that your character is "naturally" still male, or that other people will treat you as anything other than your new chosen gender, or that you ARE anything other than that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2009, 05:40:56 am »

Just got a crash report.  To wit-

Debut assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: E:\Program Files\Visual Studio 8\VC\include\vector
Line: 756

Expression: vector subscript out of range

For information yatta yatta

I was trying to flee a siege, and made it out of the building.  The crash was right when I hit D to try losing my pursuers.  Maybe something to do with have three different transportation options on my squad members, because it was a car chase but my squad was spread over On Foot and two different cars.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2009, 09:34:17 am »

bug report re: apartments & building manager office

It looks like an unlocked building manager's office is getting generated in the same location on every floor.

And while I am at it, I would like to add one more "at least give us secondary item slots!" to that side of public opinion.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2009, 12:14:38 pm »

http://www.autohotkey.net/~LiteralKa/constitution.txt

You don't need a script to do that! Actually, that script is making it more complicated than it has to be. You don't need to know the actual dates all those amendments were ratified at all; the sum of the times between them is always going to add up to the last date minus the first date.

Given:
- 27 amendments
- 18 if you only count the bill of rights as one
- 17 if you further deduct one to count only time between admendments
- Constitution ratified in 1789
- Bill of Rights ratified in 1791
- 27th amendment ratified in 1992

Counting the Bill of Rights as 10 amendments:
27 / (2009 - 1789) = 1 amendment per 8.15 years

Counting the Bill of Rights as 1 amendment:
18 / (2009 - 1789) = 1 amendment per 12.22 years

Reproducing your calculation, with small error (0.03) for precision to the day:
(1992 - 1791) / 17 = 11.82 years between amendments

bug report re: apartments & building manager office

It looks like an unlocked building manager's office is getting generated in the same location on every floor.

Already fixed for next time around. I think you're the first person to mention that, which is surprising.

Just got a crash report.  To wit-

Debut assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: E:\Program Files\Visual Studio 8\VC\include\vector
Line: 756

Expression: vector subscript out of range

For information yatta yatta

I was trying to flee a siege, and made it out of the building.  The crash was right when I hit D to try losing my pursuers.  Maybe something to do with have three different transportation options on my squad members, because it was a car chase but my squad was spread over On Foot and two different cars.

I'm guessing it tried to look up the car of the people On Foot. This was fleeing a siege, huh... sounds like a buggy spot that will require wading into the weeds to figure out.  :( Vehicles and chases have always been a bit troublesome.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2009, 12:53:10 pm »

http://www.autohotkey.net/~LiteralKa/constitution.txt

You don't need a script to do that! Actually, that script is making it more complicated than it has to be.
I know, I also wanted to calculate a few other statistics that require the data. (i.e. standard deviation)

Code: [Select]
sub stdev {
my $avg = mean(@_);
my $num = 0;
my @data;
foreach (@_) {
push (@data, ($_ **2));
}
my $end = sqrt( mean(@data) - ($avg **2));
return $end/365.25;
}
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:12:54 pm by LiteralKa »

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2009, 07:55:14 pm »

Hey, I've managed to fix the bug I mentioned earlier.
There's a typo in 'sitemaps.txt', instead of POLICE_LOCKUP there should be POLICESTATION_LOCKUP. Fixing that makes the the cells in the police station work again.

Also, as I'm looking at the great new version, I noticed interesting things and have questions.
1)Can't ask teenagers out on dates anymore. I know pedophilia is bad and illiberal, but why take the option away? Is it to keep to at least some standarts of tastefulness or is there another reason?
2)I saw genetic monsters at the CEO residence. Were they always to be found there or a new addition?
3)Do gangsters always offer the same types of weapons for sale, or will they be 'one step in front' of legally available guns.
4)Do different types of cars have different stats?

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2009, 07:58:23 pm »

1)Can't ask teenagers out on dates anymore. I know pedophilia is bad and illiberal, but why take the option away? Is it to keep to at least some standarts of tastefulness or is there another reason?
At the very minimum teenagers should be able to ask other teenagers out.

2)I saw genetic monsters at the CEO residence. Were they always to be found there or a new addition?
I don't think that they are supposed to be there...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:14 pm »

Yeah. I'll report that one also. Found a Giant mosquito in the CEO Residence the other day.
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2009, 09:03:26 pm »

1. You still can date teenagers, but only if they're at least 16. I'll make it so anyone from 11 to 19 can date anyone else from 11 to 19.
2. I don't know if that was intentional or not, or when it went in, but rather than remove it, I'll just append "Pet" to the start of the monster's name when it spawns in the CEO House. ;)
3. Gangsters currently always carry the same weapons.
4. Some cars abstractly handle better and drive faster, manifesting in better driving rolls. Sports cars are better than vans, for example.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2009, 10:12:31 pm »

Had an idea. Have the ability to steal kidnapped or converted Janitors Key Rings with obvious consequences. Maybe have it set as their default weapon, that they yold on to when you convert them, which you can then switch to your infiltrator.
!!&!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:07 am »

It's ok, as long as I can turn this behavior OFF.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:34 am »

Hmm, how would I retrieve the name of a location? (Say, an apartment for a newspaper ad)

Code: [Select]
addstr(ad,location[num]->name)

// num representing SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT_UPSCALE, SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT, etc.
Or something?

Also, I want to add some sort of `decay' to the constitution data, where older results have less sway... Maybe Exponential or maybe something involving Markov Chains, those are fun :D, or maybe something else..?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:10:14 pm by LiteralKa »

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2009, 12:15:19 pm »

Seems to crash after killing of pursuing cops...  >:(
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38