Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70608 times)

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2009, 07:48:43 pm »

I've made a few changes to the source code (I don't know if they work because I honestly haven't had the time to test them). But I figure that I'd upload them before the next version comes out.
http://www.autohotkey.net/~LiteralKa/lcs31104diffs.tar.gz

literalka@punjab:~/Desktop/lcs31104diffs$ ls
.   ads.diff       getnames.diff  liberalagenda.diff  news.diff      siege.diff
..  creature.diff  justice.diff   majorevent.diff     politics.diff  talk.diff

I like a lot of these changes, but liberalagenda.diff in particular looks like it's going to cause problems, since you have a switch statement with a lot of unfinished elements.

I couldn't think of anything else, so I just left them blank!

I can get you commit rights to SVN, that's much easier for me than handling patches manually, since I don't have to do any work that way. ;) Let me know what your sourceforge account name is, and I can add you to the project with write access to the SVN repository.
literalka.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:00:49 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2009, 07:58:42 pm »

Well, we need something in them; the page won't work if they're blank. Otherwise I'd say leave the expanded switch statement commented out temporarily until it's finished.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2009, 08:02:17 pm »

Well, we need something in them; the page won't work if they're blank. Otherwise I'd say leave the expanded switch statement commented out temporarily until it's finished.
Yeah, I was going to do that, but then rushed to upload them instead, thinking that someone would fill in the blanks.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2009, 08:16:46 pm »

Welcome to the Development Crime Squad, LiteralKa. ;) You should have commit access to SVN now.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:22 pm »

Welcome to the Development Crime Squad, LiteralKa. ;) You should have commit access to SVN now.
Oooh, thanks!

EDIT: I was thinking of something like http://pastebin.com/f52494a8c for personal ad code. Of course, the non-straight ads would go in the Liberal Guardian...
(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_advertisement for the acronyms.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:56:49 pm by LiteralKa »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2009, 04:38:46 am »

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't even need to censor them (or prohibit non-straight ads in the mainstream papers) during Conservative times, since they're so jumbly that we could just say they slip by the censors. Of course, if there's a way to emphasize the censorship aspect, it could be funnier to alter them. Maybe the code is there but it's slipped into another ad that doesn't look like a personal ad or something. ;)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2009, 05:50:53 am »

Er, I was just reading this news article about how some important conservative judge was shitting on a prostitute, and the conservative judge in question had a female name but was referred to as a man. Er.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2009, 06:40:15 am »

Er, I was just reading this news article about how some important conservative judge was shitting on a prostitute, and the conservative judge in question had a female name but was referred to as a man. Er.
Damn CONSERVATIVE Judges.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #293 on: May 20, 2009, 07:52:28 am »

Of course, if there's a way to emphasize the censorship aspect, it could be funnier to alter them.
It's usually funnier to alter them, but in this case, at least for now, I think that non-censored would be fine.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:59 am »

Oh, I think I found one thing that needs to be fixed. When using guitars to convert people, all variations on the police officer cease attacking and can be spoken to. That is, you can convert and attempt to recruit Death Squad Officers, Police Gang Units, and I think Police Negotiators, though at that point you may not need to.

But if you try it against the basic police officer, he keeps beating you with a nightstick.
!!&!!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #295 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:29 am »

But if you try it against the basic police officer, he keeps beating you with a nightstick.
Stupid CONSERVATIVE logic!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:31 am »

After becoming Liberal, you mean? If that's the case, then knowing the code, police negotiators will likely start beating you with a nightstick after conversion.  :'( And that's assuming you can target them at all.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2009, 10:42:05 am »

I said I think for a reason; Every police negotiator I've seen was moderate, and therefore unconvertable. I assumed it was a variant in the same way a death squad officer is. Anyway, the problem is as it stands, it seems the more conservative the police unit, the easier it is to make them stop beating you down.
!!&!!

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2009, 02:49:25 pm »

I said I think for a reason; Every police negotiator I've seen was moderate, and therefore unconvertable. I assumed it was a variant in the same way a death squad officer is. Anyway, the problem is as it stands, it seems the more conservative the police unit, the easier it is to make them stop beating you down.

If anyone still remembers, some time ago I posted suggestions towards a faction-based friend/foe system that would override ideology when it came to fighting, (although attacking anyone who wasn't diametrically opposed to your politics would cause the appropriate level of alienation among the public). The police and the LCS would both constitute their own faction, respectively (this could be displayed by an appropriate symbol after or before a person's name, or it could be invisible to the player), and after visible crimes are committed by the group, the police faction would be flagged hostile (they wouldn't necessarily attack on sight, but if the alarm is raised at a location, everything would play out as it does now). With this method, even moderate police negotiators would show up as valid targets for physical and mental attacks, because they belonged to the hostile police faction for it.

The details of the suggested system are buried in one of the suggestion threads. I can dig it up if there is any demand.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2009, 10:12:14 pm »

Oh, by the way, it seems that I can switch my founder's gender on his profile screen even if gay rights is only L and not L+.

Is this intended?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38