Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70594 times)

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:30 pm »

Not sure if this was said yet, but if you don't choose a codename for your leader, his name comes up as a blank space on the squad screen. However, if you enter a codename and then delete it, his name comes up normally.

I can reproduce this, but not the way you're describing -- to get a blank name, I have to enter the codename " ". Entering no codename when choosing the name for your leader works correctly.
The way I had it, was I started a new game with a name I selected from the beginning screen. Then, it said to enter a codename or hit enter to use your real name; I hit enter. Upon doing so, my name on the squad screen was blank, as well as on the active Liberals list. Then I selected my character and gave him a codename, which showed up fine. I then went back to select/change codename, and just hit enter, making his original name come up on all screens fine.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2009, 09:11:34 pm »

Try replicating it.
!!&!!

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2009, 11:34:03 pm »

Try replicating it.
Oddly enough, I can't. Try a few times already but now it comes out fine.  :-\

Maybe it was just something weird that won't show up again. Either way, it was nothing game breaking, and doesn't seem to be a reoccurring problem, so no big deal then.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2009, 05:29:46 am »

Bug to report.  I just got this.

Spoiler: Blank Newspaper (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure that it was supposed to be a report of a kidnap victim escaping, because that happened the prior turn.  Not sure though, and I don't have a prior save I can repeat it from.

By the way, "Robert Pelton" is not my real name.  It's just what I registered my computer to.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:16 am »

The blank newspaper bug is known. Happens fairly frequently.
!!&!!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2009, 07:45:35 am »

Fair enough.  I've got another bug.

While reviewing my peeps, I noticed that the skill total of one entry was highlighted.  It was a liberal who has been writing for the Guardian.  Examining him, his Writing skill is listed in white, with 8.99+ as Now, with a grayed out cap of 11.00.  In other words, his writing skill is being capped by Intelligence, and it's being displayed in the old style.  Though even that doesn't make much sense, because his Intelligence is 9.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:48:02 am by Aqizzar »
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:56 am »

I think i have found a bug.

If you go to "Something Apartments" locations, and you talk to people about the issues, and when they disagree with you and call you an idiot, you can still talk to them again, and discuss issues forever until they eventually agree to come later tonight. Normally they shouldn't talk with you anymore.

I have seen it happen only in Aparments. I am not sure if it happens always, or only when Conservatives are alarmed. Need to test it more.

It happens at least since version 3.18.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2009, 10:33:14 am »

I recall seeing it in several locations, without the Conservative Alarm.

From what I recall, you have to change the speaker in order to get it to work.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2009, 12:17:58 pm »

Hardly a bug then, is it? There is no description of exactly how the liberals in a group act when one is trying to convince someone to join.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »

While reviewing my peeps, I noticed that the skill total of one entry was highlighted.  It was a liberal who has been writing for the Guardian.  Examining him, his Writing skill is listed in white, with 8.99+ as Now, with a grayed out cap of 11.00.  In other words, his writing skill is being capped by Intelligence, and it's being displayed in the old style.  Though even that doesn't make much sense, because his Intelligence is 9.

That looks pretty normal. Have you tried waiting a turn? 8.99+ and highlighted means "this person has enough experience to be at level 9 tomorrow". Your skills never actually level up during the day, and the .99+ indicates that it's ready to level up when you hit next turn. Writing is probably based in part on Heart, which would be why it's capped higher than your Intelligence.

I think i have found a bug.

If you go to "Something Apartments" locations, and you talk to people about the issues, and when they disagree with you and call you an idiot, you can still talk to them again, and discuss issues forever until they eventually agree to come later tonight. Normally they shouldn't talk with you anymore.

I have seen it happen only in Aparments. I am not sure if it happens always, or only when Conservatives are alarmed. Need to test it more.

It happens at least since version 3.18.

This is intended behavior for the unique situation where you converted a Conservative to Liberal using persuasion or music-based attacks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:34:45 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2009, 04:53:50 pm »

Are there persuasion based attacks other than guitar playing that you can normally use on anyone?
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2009, 05:32:34 pm »

If you recruit Arch-Conservatives that have various debate-style attacks against your heart (CEOs, Eminent Scientists, Radio Personalities...), and let them loose unarmed, they'll use Liberal inversions of their old attacks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2009, 06:58:56 pm »

That looks pretty normal. Have you tried waiting a turn? 8.99+ and highlighted means "this person has enough experience to be at level 9 tomorrow". Your skills never actually level up during the day, and the .99+ indicates that it's ready to level up when you hit next turn. Writing is probably based in part on Heart, which would be why it's capped higher than your Intelligence.

Oh yes, several days have passed.  For a couple days, his Writing skill actually went down to 7.99+, but now it's up to 10.23 and it's not highlighted anymore.  I wasn't paying attention, so I don't know when it changed.

Also, it might have been mentioned, but I've seen a couple instances of Opinion Poll results returning a blank space for what issue people are most interested in.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »

I've made a few changes to the source code (I don't know if they work because I honestly haven't had the time to test them). But I figure that I'd upload them before the next version comes out.
http://www.autohotkey.net/~LiteralKa/lcs31104diffs.tar.gz

literalka@punjab:~/Desktop/lcs31104diffs$ ls
.   ads.diff       getnames.diff  liberalagenda.diff  news.diff      siege.diff
..  creature.diff  justice.diff   majorevent.diff     politics.diff  talk.diff
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:24:01 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2009, 07:46:54 pm »

I've made a few changes to the source code (I don't know if they work because I honestly haven't had the time to test them). But I figure that I'd upload them before the next version comes out.
http://www.autohotkey.net/~LiteralKa/lcs31104diffs.tar.gz

literalka@punjab:~/Desktop/lcs31104diffs$ ls
.   ads.diff       getnames.diff  liberalagenda.diff  news.diff      siege.diff
..  creature.diff  justice.diff   majorevent.diff     politics.diff  talk.diff

I like a lot of these changes, but liberalagenda.diff in particular looks like it's going to cause problems, since you have a switch statement with a lot of unfinished elements.

I can get you commit rights to SVN, that's much easier for me than handling patches manually, since I don't have to do any work that way. ;) Let me know what your sourceforge account name is, and I can add you to the project with write access to the SVN repository.

I haven't actually coded for LCS in several days at least, been playing a lot of Alpha Centauri and doing homework. :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38