Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70543 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04:19 am »

I don't have it available at this very moment, but it wouldn't surprise me if Martial Arts was based purely on Agility, and Strength only factors in when calculating damage on a successful hit.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2009, 07:48:15 am »

After a little experimentation using the character generation, I have determined that it is indeed the lowest of either strength or agility.

In Addition, I would like to report a bug.

"Obama St. Crack House."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:52:24 am by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2009, 09:07:36 am »

I was playing with the sitemap file deleted and I had a most amusing bug.
The park in the university district, instead of being a park was a set of huge halls where all kinds of people could be met and where all loot I picked up was empty.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2009, 11:59:46 am »

Best park ever.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2009, 04:34:23 pm »

After a little experimentation using the character generation, I have determined that it is indeed the lowest of either strength or agility.

"Obama St. Crack House."

I think that's supposed to be read as "Obama St(reet) Crack House". At first, I did read it as "Obama S(ain)t Crack House", which maybe you did as well.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2009, 07:43:57 pm »

"Obama St. Crack House."
An amusing bug, nonetheless.
I think that's supposed to be read as "Obama St(reet) Crack House". At first, I did read it as "Obama S(ain)t Crack House", which maybe you did as well.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »

It's not a bug. it's a contraction. I was pointing out that it was a crack house on Obama Street.

Actually, the names Barack and Obama seem to be cropping up a lot in randomly generated names in my games.
!!&!!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2009, 09:19:16 pm »

It's not a bug. it's a contraction. I was pointing out that it was a crack house on Obama Street.

Actually, the names Barack and Obama seem to be cropping up a lot in randomly generated names in my games.
Same here I got Conservative president McCain on multiple occasions.

Inverted Bush

• Escaped Lunatic
  • DNALOP
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2009, 10:38:39 pm »

Just a few bugs I found.

1. If you set police sleepers to steal equipment, sometimes they'll drop off nameless items. One of them is a weapon that doesn't do any damage or use any skills that I can see, and the other one counts as "None" if you equip it and disappears if you move it to another safehouse.

2. Probably related to the last one, setting agents to steal equipment sometimes causes the game to crash with the message "Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'item' is being used without being defined."

3. Perhaps not a bug, but there's no way to teach Dodge. The only other skill you can't teach is Teaching, which makes sense, but Dodge? I'd lump it in with Street Survival.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2009, 12:13:16 am »

3. Perhaps not a bug, but there's no way to teach Dodge. The only other skill you can't teach is Teaching, which makes sense, but Dodge? I'd lump it in with Street Survival.

I think Dodge (formerly Tactics) is supposed to represent combat experience rather than formal training.  There's a difference between the green soldier and someone who's been shot at for real.  The guy who's survived actual combat is probably better at keeping his head behind cover and so forth.

You can't really teach that.

In fact, it probably makes more sense to have a general "combat experience" ranking for everyone that affects offense in addition to defense (e.g. a rookie uses only half his actual skill, while a hardened veteran fights at 100% effectiveness).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:16:59 am by Earthquake Damage »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2009, 12:53:17 am »

I think Dodge (formerly Tactics) is supposed to represent combat experience rather than formal training.  There's a difference between the green soldier and someone who's been shot at for real.  The guy who's survived actual combat is probably better at keeping his head behind cover and so forth.

You can't really teach that.[b/]

In fact, it probably makes more sense to have a general "combat experience" ranking for everyone that affects offense in addition to defense (e.g. a rookie uses only half his actual skill, while a hardened veteran fights at 100% effectiveness).

"When bullets fired from the gun are heading in your general direction, you should avoid their trajectory and fire bullets from your gun at your enemy from cover."
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2009, 01:38:44 am »

Strangeness I found in the code...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2009, 02:33:13 am »

At the same time, two new laws, Elections and Religions, are based...solely on LCS popularity.

If that's the case, it's not a spoiler so much as a mistake on my part. They're supposed to be based on an aggregate of all issues other than the LCS and CCS popularity.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2009, 02:36:51 am »

I might be reading the code wrong, but as it stands, the code specifically add in LCS Popularity. Hm. Make sure to fix it, I guess.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2009, 04:40:46 am »

Well, the maximum possible popularity for the LCS is dependent upon the liberalism of the general populace. Maybe you've got it backwards.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38