Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70456 times)

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2009, 07:26:32 pm »

Is it intentional that so many doors are locked at sites now? It seems kind of stupid that the front door to a police station would be locked, but every time I've been there it is. I've also used the legacy code with a fresh save to test this.

Everything is locked, arg!

That sounds like a bug, 'cause I've played 3 of these sub-version of 3.19 and I've never had the front door to the public buildings be locked.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2009, 07:38:24 pm »

And printing fake money is done to attack the structural support for fiat currency.

...and here I thought you were saying it was to induce chaos.

Look, I think it's clear that counterfeiting can have other motives than those you ascribe it. Probably most relevantly, it can be to manipulate the balance of an economy by artificially inducing inflation. This does not have the goal of eliminating the existence of fiat currency, but rather to alter the proportions of wealth held by various economic entities. I.e., if 5% of the population holds 50% of the currency, doubling the amount of currency in circulation would almost certainly reduce that. As I said, this seems to me to be more than a little quixotic, but I could make a case for pursuing this course of action. Neither the motivation to act thusly nor what strikes me as the most probable response from the the economic establishment would be motivated by rejecting fiat currency. Yes, replacement of fiat currency with commodity currency could be the motivation or the effect of widescale counterfeiting, but I see no justification for your refusal to admit even the possibility of alternative causes or effects. Diverse goals can be effected by similar means.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2009, 07:40:05 pm »

When taking hostages, could you make it possible for the option to to kill the hostage available at all times?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:48:03 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2009, 07:58:55 pm »

While I wholly support intelligent discourse and debate of revolutionary theory, I think it's best this topic stays a place for reporting bugs and actually talking about the new versions. Clutter begone!
This is not a signature.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2009, 08:33:10 pm »

While I wholly support intelligent discourse and debate of revolutionary theory, I think it's best this topic stays a place for reporting bugs and actually talking about the new versions. Clutter begone!
Indeed, lets get back to the issue(s) at hand.

Go talk about Taiwan somewhere else

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2009, 08:45:06 pm »

Another occurrence of blank news report. Nothing I can think of that would have caused it, all I did was recruit for two days.
This is not a signature.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2009, 08:54:20 pm »

Sounds like someone's upset the Maoist Marauder Squad.
!!&!!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2009, 08:56:38 pm »

Ampersand brings up a legit point. The full name of Maoism is Marx-Lenin-Stalin-Maoist. Would the Stalinist Comrade Squad believe or sympathzie with Maoism?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:09 pm »

Yes, replacement of fiat currency with commodity currency could be the motivation or the effect of widescale counterfeiting, but I see no justification for your refusal to admit even the possibility of alternative causes or effects. Diverse goals can be effected by similar means.

Because that would be the dogmatic effect.  The CCS couldn't attack the nuclear plant because that would be attacking conservative nuclear power.  The LCS couldn't attack PBS because that would be attacking public radio.  Likewise while the CCS might pull of the counterfeit scheme, the LCS shouldn't because that would be supporting the conservative agenda!  Attacks in these games are done against either the conservative or liberal establishment.

Fiat currency, the Federal Reserve, state managed money supply, these are all VERY liberal concepts.  Their absence would be arch conservative.  It doesn't matter what the hell your motive is, attacking these institutions is no less conservative then it would be liberal to slander religion.

And printing fake money is done to attack the structural support for fiat currency.
...and here I thought you were saying it was to induce chaos.

No, you were saying that it was about inducing chaos.  I was saying something more important was at stake.

Every argument you are given could equally be used to explain why the LCS would launch an attack on NPR.  Yes, NPR might be broadcasting news that isn't liberal.  Attacking NPR can create chaos that helps the liberal cause and might stick it to the man.  However NPR is a part of the liberal establishment.  Therefore attacking NPR would be an inherently conservative action.  This is why the LCS can no more attack NPR then the CCS can attack conservative media.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:22:03 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2009, 09:24:59 pm »

For the love of Armok, debate this in PM, not a topic about a game. Some of us don't feel the need to examine every political possibility and plausibility. This is a thread very specifically about LCS version 3.19 and subsequent variants. Your debate has gone beyond the topic and is irrelevant.  Now please, take your clutter someplace else.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:26:47 pm by Skeeblix »
This is not a signature.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2009, 10:01:47 pm »

My founder went out to procure a vehicle and was spotted, swarmed by 5 or 6 gang units, and taken down. Upon his release from jail, I equipped him a new weapon to discover that the Conservative scum had relieved him of his old .45...but he still had the ammunition.

I don't even want to know where he hid it. >.o

Also, the pawn shop option to check your current equipment is obsolete and still tries to access squad inventory, which of course no longer exists. Perhaps the previous bug is related to lingering remnants of old inventory code?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:04:58 pm by Skeeblix »
This is not a signature.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2009, 11:19:35 pm »

I didn't know anyone knew that you can take over crack houses!  ;D

It isn't obivous. The only way you could find it out if you look at the code, but I thought it was general knowledge at the time, so I didn't mention it. The fact that Crack Houses come with a lot of heat though make them rather unappealing...

I'm SO gonna convert the Crack Houses to the LCS!  We need more safehouses!  Can they be upgraded?  Any other secret safehouses?  Information should be shared Liberally!

You can't upgrade them now. But I want you to be able to upgrade them. So I'll make it so you can, next release.

Wonder if the Abandoned buildings which start as LCS Safehouses can be upgraded if they get captured by the CCS (thus become Enemy Safehouses), then get recaptured by the LCS?  It should be like that (and I seem to recall doing so), but I'll add it to the "Test Cool Feature List".

Also, in LCS version 3.19.4, all recruits are female, even if they distinctly were male when I was talking to them in the crackhouse/apartment/etc.  Same with Seduced and Brainwashed.  Not sure how the change gender feature would work.  I should point out my founder is a female, if that matters.

Which has me wondering, "How does the Gender Changer affect gameplay?"  Is it permanent?  Do all Conservatives agree with the change?  Does being Angrogynous affect anything?  Will the bouncer let the Angrogynous person into the Gentleman's Club?

1) It's based on the kind of site you're in, so theoretically there should be nothing stopping you from investing in a recaptured warehouse.

2) I haven't been able to reproduce all recruits being female. Just tested with a new female character and grabbed a musician, Juan Krishna (Age 54, Male).

3) Changing gender is not permanent. Not all Conservatives will respect the change.

The bouncer will let an Androgynous person in if they were originally male.

The bouncer will let an Androgynous or Male person in that was switched from female originally only if they pass a tough disguise check, or gay rights is L+.

The bouncer will let a Female person in if women's equality is L or L+.

Yay to Crack House Upgrades!  Now, I can create a Police Officer Death Trap!

I did some further playing, and I was wrong about all the recruits being female.  I've starting getting some male one.  Are there going to be any Androgynous ones?

Since the gender fix isn't permanent, could we have the Liberal's birth gender shown, like the birth name is shown?  Just so I don't get confused and send six "male" liberals to the Gentleman's Club who I forgot weren't all born that way.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2009, 11:35:37 pm »

Minor feature request: The ability to see quantities of items on the transfer screen. Looking at a report of my assets and seeing that I have .45 pistol magazines is kind of pointless when I have no clue how many I have. Along this vein, being able to deliver a specified number of items would save time and keypresses. Currently, to outfit someone you may have in hiding away from the rest of the squad, you have to send your whole stockpile of guns of a certain kind and the whole stack of the matching ammo to where they are. Then, if you don't want it stored in a hot place with a wanted murderer on the lam, you have to press all the buttons to send it back where it came from. A "How many?" prompt would be most welcome.

Also, the polls screen has been giving me blank issues in the "The people are most concerned about" spot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:04:19 am by Skeeblix »
This is not a signature.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2009, 12:47:00 am »

I was playing through the game, and after about two months of solid site actions, my Political Violence Tolerance was at 100%.

Then, the CCS shows up, triggers a rampage.  Then, I trigger a rampage by killing a few agents.  Check the Tolerance, and it's 35%.

Check back a few days later, and the Tolerance is 100%.

Seems the Tolerance issue moves pretty fast.

Course, I could say the same about all the issues.  Sometimes it seems all I need to sway any issue to 100% is to hit the location for a week straight.  Maybe two weeks if the issue is near 0%.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2009, 01:11:23 am »

Limbs lost in combat seem to grow back upon healing. Or at least the old "One Arm" tags in the character screen are gone.
This is not a signature.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38