Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70460 times)

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2009, 11:08:09 am »

Maybe you can work this into something usable:

I wished that you posted that before I sent my own suggestions over to John, those articles are great!

Might want to add more Elite Liberal countries the terrorists can flee to, instead of North Korea (why in the world would Second-Amendmenters and fascists flee to North Korea)...
--Libya
--Syria
--Canada
--The Netherlands
--France
--Sweeden
--Cuba
--Venuezala

What else?

Russia, maybe?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:19 am »

Might want to add more Elite Liberal countries the terrorists can flee to, instead of North Korea (why in the world would Second-Amendmenters and fascists flee to North Korea)...

It's... a joke. I'm actually a little bit surprised you took issue with that one, but didn't mention the dissolution of the United States being over-the-top, hehe. ;D

And Jonathan, if the political violence articles were of any help to you, I'm sure I could write something up for the military issue, as well. If I missed the mark with those, I'll not bother; thinking of a workable scenario and then refining it into something half-way elegant is quite a bit of work, after all.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2009, 11:12:11 am »

It's... a joke. I'm actually a little bit surprised you took issue with that one, but didn't mention the dissolution of the United States being over-the-top, hehe. ;D

Every terrorist group in this game wants the dissolution of the United States (with the possible exception of the LCS). Even the CCS want to replace the USA with the CSA. So that's why I'm not surprised. :)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2009, 11:28:07 am »

That's already implemented. Somewhat. The Secret Service only raids you if you release CIA files. That's it. If you commit terrorism, the secret service shrugs and let the local police handles it, but if you release state secrets, the Secret Service will come in and kill everyone.

Shouldn't that be the job of the FBI or DHS?  IIRC, the secret service only comes after you if you are threatening the lives of someone they protect or you are committing crimes involving banks or counterfeit.  But is this necessary?  From the LCS perspective, all of these groups fall under the auspicious of "the man."  IMHO, "the man" is perfectly represented by cops/swat (the man who oppresses us everyday) secret agents (the part of the man they pretend doesn't exist) and the army/national guard (the threat the man uses to keep us in line.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:32:23 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2009, 11:34:32 am »

That gives me an idea.  New thing you should be able to do - counterfeit money.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:05 am »

I was actually going to mention the same thing. I think Couterfeiting should be done in much the same way as the Liberal Guardian is done. Needs a dedicated safe house, expensive equipment that can be destroyed by The Man.

However, I think there should be a novel way to use the counterfeit money. To weaken the economy by inserting the counterfeit bills into circulation without directly spending it, decreasing the approval ratings of the current administration.
!!&!!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:25 am »

However, I think there should be a novel way to use the counterfeit money. To weaken the economy by inserting the counterfeit bills into circulation without directly spending it, decreasing the approval ratings of the current administration.

Ooh, that's even better.  Destroy the power of the arch-capitalist oppressors by deflating the value and trust of currency.  But it's be a double-edged sword, as your income declines and prices or availability of goods skyrockets.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2009, 11:54:49 am »

Yeah. It should also slowly level out and return to normal as long as you're not injecting money into the system, as the Government slowly extracts the counterfeit money out of the economy.
!!&!!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2009, 12:31:40 pm »

I'm still hanging out for the MODERATE CRIME SQUAD...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:47 pm »

I want to wait to see if the code for the "Stalinist Comrade Squad" works. Then I'll see about coding in the Moderate armed forces...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2009, 01:07:41 pm »

Counterfeiting money strikes me as a blatantly Conservative course of action.  When carried out to the level of creating inflation, this conservative act is creating economic anarchy which hurts the workers more then their oppressors.  Liberals understand that it is important for the government to control the economy whereas conservatives are afflicted with dogma that the economy should control the government.  This counterfeiting scheme would be supporting this conservative viewpoint.  It would even be lending credibility to the lunatic right wing which says we can not trust currency.  Thus counterfeiting money in any amount is a conservative action which should carry a juice penalty in small amounts.  We it to be carried out to the extent of destabilizing the currency it should carry a huge wisdom gain and heart loss because such a heartless and cynical course of action would surely indicate that conservative thinking has distorted the misguided activists world view surely turning them into a conservative.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:09:52 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:52 pm »

I don't think you understand. Owning guns is blatantly conservative. Killing is blatantly conservative. The difference is the ends, the means are nothing. That is the principle of all politics. The doublethink that is inherent in all political systems. It's good when We do it but bad when Those Bastards do it.
!!&!!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2009, 02:30:01 pm »

I think Couterfeiting should be done in much the same way as the Liberal Guardian is done. Needs a dedicated safe house, expensive equipment that can be destroyed by The Man.
Good idea!

Hmm, and maybe make things more expensive at stores and such. And it should get the Secret Service angry (because they deal with counterfeiting and such)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:40:01 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2009, 03:13:02 pm »

I don't think you understand. Owning guns is blatantly conservative. Killing is blatantly conservative. The difference is the ends, the means are nothing. That is the principle of all politics. The doublethink that is inherent in all political systems. It's good when We do it but bad when Those Bastards do it.

You want to hear something disturbing?
There are still people in this country who think we should return to the gold standard!

This is a part of the arch conservative agenda.  Therefore no self respecting liberal should support it.  If the LCS mass printed dollars, they would be supporting this conservative notion.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:16:32 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2009, 03:17:10 pm »

There needs to be an option to stop renting an apartment.
And adding an apartment on the outskirts of town that is less likely to be raided would be useful.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:22:43 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38