Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70531 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2009, 07:27:47 pm »

Download updated.

* Made guitars and spraypaint not intimidate people when you're kidnapping them.
* Made dodge use agility instead of intelligence.
* Gave teenagers more skills, since they were sometimes coming up with none at all.
* Some work on flavor text.
* Fixed blank news stories.
* Reduced money from recruitment-based donations.
* Made names colored in the select a person to talk to menu.
* Fixed club security turning Conservative again when converted using guitars or other non-violent attacks.
* Free monthly seduction experience for those who have love slaves or are love slaves themselves.
* Rebalanced the threshhold for claimed news stories.
* Fixed bug where you could sometimes be let go without any prison sentence if you didn't commit murder.
* Lightened cap on respect for the LCS based on the public mood.
* Prohibited Liberals serving a life sentence from being promoted to LCS leader.
* Fixed mapping bug where apartments would have only one floor.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2009, 07:43:53 pm »

Download updated.

* Fixed club security turning Conservative again when converted using guitars or other non-violent attacks.

That's been a problem for as long as I've known about guitars. Thanks for fixing it! Why was it specific to club security?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2009, 07:50:16 pm »

Download updated.

That's been a problem for as long as I've known about guitars. Thanks for fixing it! Why was it specific to club security?
Yes! Now I can finally grind my guitar!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2009, 07:58:27 pm »

Download updated.

Because club security was coded to go hostile after the alarm sounds. This might seem pointless, but the idea is to enable moderate club security, for more friendly clubs. Cause trouble and they turn Conservative and attack, but stay cool and they'll be moderate. I'm still thinking about whether to make it that way for the gentleman's club as well.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2009, 08:04:44 pm »

Download updated.

Because club security was coded to go hostile after the alarm sounds. This might seem pointless, but the idea is to enable moderate club security, for more friendly clubs. Cause trouble and they turn Conservative and attack, but stay cool and they'll be moderate. I'm still thinking about whether to make it that way for the gentleman's club as well.
I always thought the Gentlemans club was a high class place...

so why would there be mod bouncers?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2009, 08:11:17 pm »

Small glitch: when you win, you can't switch over to the other pages of the issues, and pressing 'L' for the high score list (as the game claims) does nothing.

Also, woot! Finally beat the game! Took 1 year to set everything in motion and then another 11 while I was disbanded.

EDIT: Downloading the new version, you accidentally left your save in.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:13:25 pm by Think0028 »
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.1 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:17 pm »

While I'm all in favor of female priesthood, it somewhat ruins the atmosphere of conservative distopia.  Yes, female priests exist IRL, but if the country is conservative enough to have prayer sessions in public schools, I imagine female priests are few and far between.

Edit:
Seems I stumbled across a site layout problem at the appartments.

Worst architect ever.

Finally found this bug and fixed it! :D

* Fixed blank news stories.

...aaaand I created a new bug that also creates blank news stories.  >:(

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2009, 10:26:15 pm »

My sleeper prison guard has been dropping in juice constantly, first had him spouting conservatism to build credibility, then put him on uncovering secrets, and it keeps decreasing (at -6 now)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2009, 10:55:11 pm »

My sleeper prison guard has been dropping in juice constantly, first had him spouting conservatism to build credibility, then put him on uncovering secrets, and it keeps decreasing (at -6 now)

Any character that was recruited with seduction will bleed juice at a steady rate if their lover is in prison. If they hit -50, they'll abandon the LCS. I'm guessing this is what's going on for you.

It would be interesting to expand this to a more communicative and varied system. Some messages notifying you of the problem are definitely called for, but one thing I've thought would be especially cool is to have multiple options for how they break down. They could just bleed down to -50 juice and be useless. They could abandon the LCS entirely. They could occasionally vanish for a few days without explanation, doing who knows what and not showing up for site raids or activation duty. They could even suddenly show up at the prison one day in a one person squad, with a stolen car, a gun, and a prison guard uniform, and refuse to exit the site until you successfully break their lover out of prison or get them killed trying.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2009, 11:04:50 pm »

I think the bug is that the possibly seduced sleeper prison guard, who is stationed at the prison, is being counted as in prison and can't get out for the late night booty calls happy fun time with adult brownies trying to find the adamantium pits, whilst performing various acrobatic feets.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »

Btw, could there be some kind of message when you've destroyed the CCS?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2009, 11:40:03 pm »

I think the bug is that the possibly seduced sleeper prison guard, who is stationed at the prison, is being counted as in prison and can't get out for the late night booty calls happy fun time with adult brownies trying to find the adamantium pits, whilst performing various acrobatic feets.

Ohh, that seems likely. Just checked the code and it now seems -very- likely. Just fixed that. ;)

Btw, could there be some kind of message when you've destroyed the CCS?

Wouldn't be too hard. I'll put it on the to-do list.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.2 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2009, 01:00:52 am »

I didn't know anyone knew that you can take over crack houses!  ;D

It isn't obivous. The only way you could find it out if you look at the code, but I thought it was general knowledge at the time, so I didn't mention it. The fact that Crack Houses come with a lot of heat though make them rather unappealing...

I'm SO gonna convert the Crack Houses to the LCS!  We need more safehouses!  Can they be upgraded?  Any other secret safehouses?  Information should be shared Liberally!

Also, the negative political violence tolerance article could be some riot that failed.
I originally posted something about angry citizens shooting schoolchildren to protest the latest school tax increase...but that's too dark.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.3 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2009, 06:49:33 am »

Note that you actually get a random number between zero and your dodge skill as your defensive bonus, instead of just getting your dodge skill added directly, as it was in previous versions. This makes dodge still useful without allowing you to create truly invincible characters with it.

May I suggest having the minimum bonus be a third of your dodge skill instead of a flat zero? This would still leave even elite characters vulnerable to skilled opponents, but at least they won't be making total rookie mistakes in combat and get their faces perforated by pitchforks and syringes. I mean, a hard-earned skill like dodging has got to be worth SOMETHING, even if the dice are completely against you.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2009, 03:04:52 pm »

The newspapers break when using Wine, sometimes a problem, because I occasionally can't read the newspaper!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:22:17 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38