Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70559 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: 3.19.3 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2009, 06:08:37 am »

I don't know what happened in your game, but I can all but guarantee you that there isn't a bug where you can lose juice by selling brownies. Perhaps something else went wrong, but I really don't think it's because you sold brownies.

I have fixed the newspaper issue for next release.

kotor39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2009, 08:17:15 am »

Sorry,
I forgot how to train up sleepers juice level so they can recruit new people.
Thanks ;)

One more thing... I am not saying you need this though in a car chase is it possible so that when you kill an enemy driver that there be a chance the car either veers off the road or another man takes the wheel(what you originally had)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:26:21 am by kotor39 »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:17 am »

Okay, I think that might be the political violence issue, for which there is no associated news story. For most of the the new issues, I've been careful to force it to not pick news stories about them until I get around to writing them (or someone else comes up with them... wink wink, nudge nudge), but I'd missed that one. I can fix that.

New Documentary on the Afghanistan Mujahideen Shows Why Terrorism Works

American Embassy Explodes

I'll see if I can come up with the actual newspaper article later, but a title would be fine...right?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:15:45 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2009, 11:53:44 am »

For some reason, I have several items with blank names. Trying to sell them either via the 'sell all loot' button or even opening the selling individual items section crashes the game. Also, when I try to open my inventory, they crash the game -- however, they're in the homeless shelter, and they crash my game when I open my inventory in the cement factory. Opening my inventory in the homeless shelter works fine, and equipping them shows them to be weapons. They appear to default to melee weapons that deal no damage.

This is in 3.19.2, but since I didn't notice any mention of this in the changelog, I thought I'd mention it. I believe the blank items came from a sleeper cop I had in the police station set to stealing things.

I have the save file if you want it.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2009, 12:17:42 pm »

Hey, the lockup cell in the police station is borked as well. It shows up on the big map but is invisible on the smaller movement screen and when you stand on it you can't do nothing and there's a lot of weird ASCII instead location the description.

Great work otherwise, though!

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2009, 12:39:33 pm »

Hey, the lockup cell in the police station is borked as well. It shows up on the big map but is invisible on the smaller movement screen and when you stand on it you can't do nothing and there's a lot of weird ASCII instead location the description.

Great work otherwise, though!

I've discovered that bug too. I've also just encountered a game crashing bug in which, after escaping a raid, my founder is stuck dragging around the body of one of his fallen comrades.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to have sorted itself out. I merely had to abstain from on-site actions for 3 in-game years until my founder got arrested for narcotics distrubution.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:21:23 pm by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2009, 01:28:31 pm »

I've also just encountered a game crashing bug in which, after escaping a raid, my founder is stuck dragging around the body of one of his fallen comrades.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to have sorted itself out. I merely had to abstain from on-site actions for 3 in-game years until my founder got arrested for narcotics distrubution.

I'm going to take a guess at where the bug might be at: Were you in a footchase where your founder escaped, while hauling someone, before the rest of the party?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2009, 02:33:05 pm »

The losing juice while selling brownies MIGHT be their subordinates being arrested while selling brownies. Not too sure though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 02:45:00 pm »

your founder escaped, while hauling someone, before the rest of the party?
Oh, so thats what happens? I always thought he came back to life after being shot to death. :P

So this means faster characters dont escape with the rest of the group.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 02:57:48 pm »

Hey Fox, I was looking around, and I noticed a Dodge skill that only one of my people has.  I take it that's what Tactics evolved into?  Why it caught my eye is that it's apparently based on Intelligence.  Even if it was Tactics, the name implies it would be Agility based.  Of course, I'm sure it doesn't do anything right now.

Or that was already there, and I'm just inattentive.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »

I renamed Tactics to Dodge, since it was obviously doing a far more dodge-like behavior in the game. I might create a real Tactics skill in the future, but for now it's Dodge. Note that you actually get a random number between zero and your dodge skill as your defensive bonus, instead of just getting your dodge skill added directly, as it was in previous versions. This makes dodge still useful without allowing you to create truly invincible characters with it.

You're right that it's still mistakenly based on intelligence. I actually noticed this last night while giving a sincere play of the game. It's already been swapped to agility on SVN, and the change will be in the next release.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2009, 03:49:41 pm »

Is there any way to move people you've kidnapped before you finish converting them? It's really annoying when despite the fact I have advance warning, I still have to abandon my valuable hostages (CEO, CCS member).
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2009, 04:24:45 pm »

I renamed Tactics to Dodge, since it was obviously doing a far more dodge-like behavior in the game. I might create a real Tactics skill in the future, but for now it's Dodge. Note that you actually get a random number between zero and your dodge skill as your defensive bonus, instead of just getting your dodge skill added directly, as it was in previous versions. This makes dodge still useful without allowing you to create truly invincible characters with it.

You're right that it's still mistakenly based on intelligence. I actually noticed this last night while giving a sincere play of the game. It's already been swapped to agility on SVN, and the change will be in the next release.
If there is a tactics, it should have to do with the EVADE. Mabey to cause your fleeing characters to have a lesser chance of being hit during a evasion and help them escape in chase scenes. And of course be based on intelligence instead of agility.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2009, 04:38:43 pm »

I concur, it should be easier to not get shot if you're trying to get away than if you're trying to attack someone.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »

I concur, it should be easier to not get shot if you're trying to get away than if you're trying to attack someone.
Well if you know what your doing it should, thats where tactics would come in.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38