Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70513 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.2 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2009, 12:43:48 am »

Fixed a bug where murder would not be sentenced properly.
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

But it makes me wonder...
knocking three months off of 3 murder charges, 2 assault charges, and various other crimes(that were probably entirely wiped off the record by the 3 months) still only equals three years?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.3 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2009, 12:44:37 am »

* Made notability for the paper vary by location. Crack den raids will now be much less interesting to the paper.

This right here.  This was needed for a long time.  Very good.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2009, 12:47:09 am »

* Made notability for the paper vary by location. Crack den raids will now be much less interesting to the paper.

This right here.  This was needed for a long time.  Very good.
Yes, LCS Spray paints Crack House. You dont see stuff like that every day.

Also why does it say the liberal crime squad broke into action in a paper if you chose to act anon?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2009, 12:47:41 am »

Does it vary by other locations too?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2009, 12:50:01 am »

Why are you guys even attacking the Crack House to begin with? It can't be to sway the issues, there is no issue associated with the Crack House (except maybe the Drug issue). Is it to gain a new safehouse that has tons of heat already associated with it so that the Police will raid you?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Geandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2009, 01:04:36 am »

if you want to train persuasion, then start selling brownies as it AFAIK trains both persuasion and street sense.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2009, 01:12:04 am »

... If the profitability of persuasion is the issue, then I'd rather profits of it drastically reduced and the growth faster, so that to get better you can target those you want to join, rather than have to ask 1000s so that you can get to the point where persuasion is useful for more than just hippies.

On that note, and considering that it seems the zeitgeist likes the current model, is it easy to change the growth settings (eg is there a text file/spread sheet/skills growth rate modifier flag or something somewhere)? Overall this version has some great features that make it better, but I liked the convenience and speed of the old LCS I played years ago.

I'm planning to nerf recruitment-based donations in general. They were never meant to be as good as they apparently ended up being, and they encourage grinding, which sucks. I'd rather people use the hands-off activation options if they want to grind money, instead of feeling the need to use a convoluted mechanism to get money money faster.

There isn't any way to mod skill gains without editing the source code and recompiling. What exactly would you like to be doing quickly that you're unable to do now without extensive griding? I don't like grinding in general, so if part of the game is being locked up because you can't get the skills for it in a reasonable period of time, I don't want to keep things that way.

Does it vary by other locations too?

Sort of -- some important sites get double notability, but the main feature is that the crack house and tenement (industrial apartments) got crippled as far as public interest goes.

Why are you guys even attacking the Crack House to begin with? It can't be to sway the issues, there is no issue associated with the Crack House (except maybe the Drug issue). Is it to gain a new safehouse that has tons of heat already associated with it so that the Police will raid you?

I didn't know anyone knew that you can take over crack houses!  ;D

if you want to train persuasion, then start selling brownies as it AFAIK trains both persuasion and street sense.

It trains both of those, plus business and cooking. I think I'm going to make soliciting donations train persuasion faster and to a higher level in the future, so that if you want to train persuasion in a safe and hands-off fashion, you can use that.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2009, 01:24:46 am »

I didn't know anyone knew that you can take over crack houses!  ;D

It isn't obivous. The only way you could find it out if you look at the code, but I thought it was general knowledge at the time, so I didn't mention it. The fact that Crack Houses come with a lot of heat though make them rather unappealing...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2009, 01:33:54 am »

Why are you guys even attacking the Crack House to begin with?

So my hookers can beat up conservative teenagers for a few points of juice, of course.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2009, 03:34:52 am »

In the list of names in the middle of the screen (not the ones at the bottom) when you [T]alk to people during a site action, it tells you their approximate age and their gender in the latest version, but how about we also color the name and other info about the person red for conservatives, white for moderates, and green for liberals? That would make it easier when there are a whole bunch of people with the same job title but you only want to speak to people of a certain political inclination.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:38:05 am by Liberal Elitist »
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2009, 03:50:15 am »

In the list of names in the middle of the screen (not the ones at the bottom) when you [T]alk to people during a site action, it tells you their approximate age and their gender in the latest version, but how about we also color the name and other info about the person red for conservatives, white for moderates, and green for liberals? That would make it easier when there are a whole bunch of people with the same job title but you only want to speak to people of a certain political inclination.

This suggestion is ridiculously common sense.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2009, 04:04:47 am »

Just wondering, why do some Liberals lose Juice while selling brownies while other don't?

>:( Goddamnit! I just lost a recruiter to this! I want answers!  :(
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2009, 04:08:11 am »

Hmm... I was just playing version 3.19.3 and I got a newspaper that, underneath the name of it at the top (The Herald) and other standard stuff at the top, the content of it was completely blank. It was the 2nd newspaper, the 1st one being "scientist kidnapped" once it was discovered that I had kidnapped an eminent scientist. I haven't really done anything else that would get in the news, so it must be one of those news stories generated about other stuff, except, of course, completely blank.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2009, 04:14:28 am »

Just wondering, why do some Liberals lose Juice while selling brownies while other don't?

>:( Goddamnit! I just lost a recruiter to this! I want answers!  :(

You can't lose juice selling brownies. Brownies is a 100% juice-neutral activity. Now, if you had them assigned to prostitution, that's a very different matter.

If it was a recruiter, you may have lost juice because bad things happened to your subordinates. Death, arrest, things like that.

Hmm... I was just playing version 3.19.3 and I got a newspaper that, underneath the name of it at the top (The Herald) and other standard stuff at the top, the content of it was completely blank. It was the 2nd newspaper, the 1st one being "scientist kidnapped" once it was discovered that I had kidnapped an eminent scientist. I haven't really done anything else that would get in the news, so it must be one of those news stories generated about other stuff, except, of course, completely blank.

Okay, I think that might be the political violence issue, for which there is no associated news story. For most of the the new issues, I've been careful to force it to not pick news stories about them until I get around to writing them (or someone else comes up with them... wink wink, nudge nudge), but I'd missed that one. I can fix that.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:17:50 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2009, 04:18:45 am »

But nothing bad had happened to them. One was selling art, another t-shirts, another selling brownies, and the last one was training his disguise...

I also just had the newspaper glitch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38