Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70567 times)

Exxos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.1 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 04:22:25 pm »

That'll be easy to fix. Does it really mess up your game? I'm surprised it wouldn't just let you keep playing after giving that error -- the actual problem wasn't anything destabilizing.

Nah, it wasn't game breaking.
I had to switch from teaching how to shoot to police/soldier/merc/css target practice though. :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2009, 04:35:36 pm »

They started out with mostly rampages, and ended with a roughly even mix of the two. All told, they seemed wholly ineffectual, and I had an easier time after they came out as they seemed to give me the push over the tipping point I needed to completely woo the public. I had maybe a page of sleepers espousing liberalism at the time, plus 4 taggers and a LG writer.

The nation went L+ in 2021. My strategy was one blasé LG writer, one prostitute to fund them (who eventually ratted us out), one forum troll (who eventually ratted us out), 5 taggers, and what ended up being 2.25 pages of Known Liberal and Respected sleepers in the Court House and Police Station. We never officially came out, our only public crimes were beating up the aforementioned teen (as well as accidentally fighting back when fleeing from a mural) and a single successful impromptu jury tampering. This was by far the easiest win I've ever had, barring some extremely violent 8-to-10-year runs pre-3.12. In terms of effort on my part, this was embarrassingly easy.

The victory screen locked up, btw; I couldn't hit L to view the score chart, and the game never "ends" as far as the aforementioned chart is concerned.

How is a sleeper Lawyer currently selected? It looked like the most recently recruited one was being grabbed, even if there were notably higher juice ones available. I cant remember if their law/persuasion was higher though... [e] Ah-ha, the locked-up victory screen meant I could go back and review this. The new recruit had 7.00 Law while the old-guard Revolutionary had only 6.69.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:44:12 pm by E. Albright »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2009, 04:46:34 pm »

minor thing:
Thanks to the "stolen" adjective, car names are now long enough to run too long and cover up a skill name in the "Profile of a Liberal" page.  You could just put the car name under the line where "transport" is writen on this page but I don't know where else this might show up.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 05:11:17 pm »

minor thing:
Thanks to the "stolen" adjective, car names are now long enough to run too long and cover up a skill name in the "Profile of a Liberal" page.  You could just put the car name under the line where "transport" is writen on this page but I don't know where else this might show up.

That problem existed in older versions as well. My suggestion back then was to swap the Health and the Skill sections, as it is much more likely for a character to acquire enough different skills to reach all the way down there than it is for them to suffer permanent injuries (which would also be displayed at about the same height).

And Jonathan, I haven't tried the new version yet (waiting for the next bugfix; the occasional wacky architecture in this version would complicate my typically non-violent approach), but I thank you all the same for putting SO much effort into the game, especially during the final push. I remember a post by you a few days back stating that the new version would arrive in about two weeks. God knows how much work you had to put into your programming to release the game in something like two days!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 07:44:23 pm »

New download posted in the original post:

* You now get a sleeper lawyer instead of a judge for the D choice. This lawyer will be seduced rather than recruited. If you picked the option that mentions homosexuality earlier in character creation, the lawyer will be of the same sex, otherwise they'll be opposite sex.
* Sleepers no longer get their juice changed for advocating liberalism or conservatism. They now gain juice for spying, stealing, and embezzling. Infiltration will improve with supporting conservatism, but not past Known Conservative; Infiltration will also improve at a slower rate with laying low, but not past Respected.
* Fixed a minor bug with reviewing sleepers and hostages.
* Tweaked the profile page for better use of space.
* Added names for the new issues when working with murals and similar.
* Increased base stats for several characters.
* Fixed a bug with teaching fighting.
* Seduced liberals can now become normal recruits and even get promoted to founder if they have more than 100 juice and their lover dies.
* Altered the balance on political violence, so that tolerance for political violence increases more quickly.

And Jonathan, I haven't tried the new version yet (waiting for the next bugfix; the occasional wacky architecture in this version would complicate my typically non-violent approach), but I thank you all the same for putting SO much effort into the game, especially during the final push. I remember a post by you a few days back stating that the new version would arrive in about two weeks. God knows how much work you had to put into your programming to release the game in something like two days!

If you're worried about the wacky architecture, delete sitemaps.txt and the game should run fine with no architecture issues. But if you haven't tried it at all, I'd say give it a shot -- as of 3.19.1 there shouldn't be anything really game-breaking, just a few rare hiccups.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.2 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 01:44:02 am »

On the liberal profile page, it says you can use UP/DOWN to get more information. Down gives the skill sheet, but what does up do? I get sent to a blank green page.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2009, 02:03:59 am »

I thought I fixed that. It's supposed to go to the skill page.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2009, 02:11:41 am »

I noticed something in the latest version. May not be a bug. If I assign a liberal to go make graffiti, let it do it's thing for a while, then take away it's spraypaint can, it will buy a new can instead of getting one from the building inventory.

Maybe it works like this on purpose.
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2009, 02:16:00 am »

More of an oversight... would be good to have them check the build inventory first.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2009, 05:56:31 am »

I don't think the clinic is working. After getting shot, arrested and released I tried to put my leader on the clinic activity but it was greyed out. Manually going to the clinic was just a waste of time. After waiting for about a month, I went into public and bled all over the place untill I got better.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2009, 05:58:25 am »

Sounds worse than just the clinic not working. Sounds like your leader was still bleeding after the site action too?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2009, 06:01:48 am »

Yes, but he only bled after I went to the latte stand. I can only imagine what people would have thought after seeing a man bleeding from his chest going from table to table looking for a liberal doctor.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:28 am »

Quick bug report: I managed to finish a mural on . Maybe its is one of the new issues?

Addendum:
After recruiting a member of the CCS and having him as a sleeper, the CCS hideout is still hidden.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:28:43 am by chaoticag »

Geandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2009, 11:51:33 am »

Bug report

the car dealership is a little buggy. Sometimes all cars are greyed out even when you have sufficient funds and it never drains the money, making the total cost of buying a car zero.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:20:17 pm by Geandro »

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2009, 04:08:32 pm »

Quick bug report: I managed to finish a mural on . Maybe its is one of the new issues?

Nope, that one was in 3.18, as well.

I'm really itching to play again. I need a vacation!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38