Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70656 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2009, 11:49:36 am »

Okay, another bug I don't know if anyone has reported.

I sent a suicide squad to attack the Cigar Bar.  Someone died, so they had to be carried.  Then I ran into an encounter group, and decided to shout the slogan.  The option to Threaten Hostages was available, even though I didn't have any hostages, just a martyr being held.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #391 on: June 01, 2009, 11:51:14 am »

Okay, another bug I don't know if anyone has reported.

I sent a suicide squad to attack the Cigar Bar.  Someone died, so they had to be carried.  Then I ran into an encounter group, and decided to shout the slogan.  The option to Threaten Hostages was available, even though I didn't have any hostages, just a martyr being held.
I'll check the logic in haulkidnap.cpp
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2009, 02:48:50 pm »

That's an interesting bug.

"Let us go or the dead guy gets it!"

"Drop your weapons or I'll put another hole in his head!"
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2009, 02:49:19 pm »

That's an interesting bug.

"Let us go or the dead guy gets it!"
Ventriloquism?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2009, 02:33:42 am »

I just encountered a weird bug.

I went into the police station and found one of the yellow "event" squares on the map. There were no words on that square (like "CELLS" or whatever) marking it as different from a normal one, but when I stepped on it, I got a weird border around the lower right of the screen, and the "(U)se" button is highlighted as selectable, but does nothing.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2009, 05:26:55 am »

Lockup is defined wrong. Somewhere in this thread you can find what to do as a temporary workaround.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2009, 01:29:45 pm »

Hey, I've managed to fix the bug I mentioned earlier.
There's a typo in 'sitemaps.txt', instead of POLICE_LOCKUP there should be POLICESTATION_LOCKUP. Fixing that makes the the cells in the police station work again.

Here it is!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2009, 11:36:10 am »

Posting a log from last night in #bay12games

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2009, 11:52:29 am »

Why not have a Police Chief in the Police station that, if made a sleeper, effects raid chances? Naturally, there would have to be Police Gang leaders and Death Squad leaders as well to pad it out.
!!&!!

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2009, 05:13:02 pm »

It'd be an ambitious change, but imagine having the police station actually have officers divided into different ranks, detectives, lab staff and so on. Having sleepers in different parts of the force would let you affect it in different ways. For example, high-ranking officers would give raid warnings earlier and with higher reliability than low-ranking ones. Detectives, if assiged to track the LCS, could slow down the police finding you. Lab staff could try to sabotage findings from a crime to let the perpetuators off the hook...

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2009, 08:20:20 pm »

It'd be an ambitious change, but imagine having the police station actually have officers divided into different ranks, detectives, lab staff and so on. Having sleepers in different parts of the force would let you affect it in different ways. For example, high-ranking officers would give raid warnings earlier and with higher reliability than low-ranking ones. Detectives, if assiged to track the LCS, could slow down the police finding you. Lab staff could try to sabotage findings from a crime to let the perpetuators off the hook...

Oh God, that would be amazing, yet a bitch to code.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2009, 11:26:36 pm »

Why? High-ranking officers would be more likely to give out raid warnings. Detectives add to the heat rating of the hideouts. Lab staff can reduce the Scare Factor of crime, making it easier to get acquitted.

Of course, I rather prefer making the game harder, not easier.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:30:14 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:28 am »

I remember seing Batman: The Dark Knight and seeing the part where Gordon disguises himself as a regular SWAT officer and thinking, "Gee, what if we had something like that in LCS?"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #403 on: June 05, 2009, 06:09:49 am »

I could probably do it in a few hours, actually. It essentially just requires a few new character types for the different police officers, and then special handling for them where relevant to their effects as sleepers.

I remember seing Batman: The Dark Knight and seeing the part where Gordon disguises himself as a regular SWAT officer and thinking, "Gee, what if we had something like that in LCS?"

What specifically about it did you want to see in LCS? I'm assuming it's not specifically a police commissioner masquerading as a SWAT officer...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:11:47 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #404 on: June 05, 2009, 08:05:33 am »

I could probably do it in a few hours, actually. It essentially just requires a few new character types for the different police officers, and then special handling for them where relevant to their effects as sleepers.

What specifically about it did you want to see in LCS? I'm assuming it's not specifically a police commissioner masquerading as a SWAT officer...
Well a few hours is a lot to me. I'm used to writing small scripts, or extensions to existing code.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38