Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: LCS 3.19.4 Download - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad  (Read 70464 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3.19.4 - Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:00 pm »

Meh. I think I may have stumbled on a strange bug. It seems in the early game I get a lot of Arch-Conservatives elected to the house and senate. Even when they absolutely dominate both, very frequently they will both vote to pass liberal bills and refuse to pass conservative bills. of course, the President Vetos them all.

Then when the opposite bills come up, they vote to pass them. It just seems strange they'd flip their positions so gleefully. And then when I start getting more L and L+ congresspeople, they start voting conservatively. Are they doing it because they know what won't pass? Or are they just easily influenced by public opinion?

I believe Congress is quite influenced by public opinion. You can get Congress to start supporting Liberal bills by swaying society to be more liberal. Even the President can be swayed by public opinion, up to a point. I remember one time where a Conservative President signed a Liberal Bill that restricted animal testing (altough my memory might be faulty).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2009, 05:30:57 pm »

Apples and oranges. The point is the end, not the means. Blowing up an abortion clinic isn't done to induce chaos, it's to attack the structural support for legal abortion.

And printing fake money is done to attack the structural support for fiat currency.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2009, 05:31:13 pm »

Maybe you can work this into something usable:

I wished that you posted that before I sent my own suggestions over to John, those articles are great!

Might want to add more Elite Liberal countries the terrorists can flee to, instead of North Korea (why in the world would Second-Amendmenters and fascists flee to North Korea)...
--Libya
--Syria
--Canada
--The Netherlands
--France
--Sweeden
--Cuba
--Venuezala

What else?

Russia, maybe?
Somalia, since its a Libertarian's paradise.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2009, 05:34:35 pm »

Israel has some big appeals as a destination for conservatives.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:23 pm »

Trying to think of countries that vocally supported the last Conservative administration.

Isreal...  Poland...  Taiwan...  Tonga...  Palau...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2009, 05:39:44 pm »

Taiwan is not an indepedent country. Callig it so will upset any fans of the People's Republic of China. It will also upset the current party in power in Taiwan, which is offically pro-unification.

Call it Chinese Tapiei.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2009, 05:41:36 pm »

Again, LCS =/= Reality.  It's a newspaper article, just call it Taiwan.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:59 pm »

Taiwan is not an indepedent country. Callig it so will upset any fans of the People's Republic of China. It will also upset the current party in power in Taiwan, which is offically pro-unification.

Call it Chinese Tapiei.

Are you fucking kidding me?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2009, 06:00:15 pm »

Call it Chinese Tapiei.
So much for self respect. Hurmph.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2009, 06:06:04 pm »

Call it Chinese Tapiei.

I think we should call it Taipei, to piss of the CONSERVATIVES.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2009, 06:18:19 pm »

Call it Chinese Tapiei.

Ummm... I gotta disagree, largely 'cause I love me the Taiwan. Made me want to minor in Chinese.
Anyway, I would say that Taiwan is independent, it just isn't recognized as such by much of the world including the mainland. And no one wants to piss off the mainland. But the military present on Taiwan is Taiwanese, they do not follow Beijing. The people there feel Taiwanese. There are political parties, plural rather than the one communist party of China. The current government of Taiwan I think is better described as more pro-trade with China ( (Current President) Ma, in his inaugural address, laid out his promise in dealing with cross-strait relations that there would be "no reunification, no independence, and no war".) The previous administration was notorious for being anti-China (and corrupt) and as a result Taiwan's economy suffered from being denied a good trading partner. Then it was going up under the new, more conservative by Taiwanese standards, administration. Then this recession hit and demand for high tech industrial goods has fallen off. Taiwan has its own flag, its own currency and its own passport. It is its own glorious, awesome country.
I have respect for the history of mainland China, but when it comes to Taiwan, long may the ROC reign, fuck the PRC.

Edit: On reflection I feel that my reaction may have been unwarranted. But still, them's are my feelings on the matter.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:29:24 pm by viskaslietuvai »
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2009, 06:21:28 pm »

Chinese Taipei

Quote from: Wikipedia
Chinese Taipei is the designated name used by the Republic of China (ROC), commonly known as Taiwan, to participate in some international organizations and almost all sporting events, such as the Olympics and Asian Games. The international community commonly employs the term "Chinese Taipei" due to several considerations arising out of the complexities of the political status of Taiwan and cross-strait relations. First, the People's Republic of China (PRC) objects to the use of the official title "Republic of China" as lending legitimacy to a government it considers defunct or suggesting that there are two Chinas. Second, PRC objects to the use of the common name "Taiwan" because it suggests that Taiwan is an entity separate from China. Both the ROC and PRC officially claim to be the sole legitimate government of all China, including Taiwan.

I know that Taiwan is de facto independent, but de jure? That's the kicker. The main reason I prefer this name though is that I don't want to offend any activists from the People's Republic of China. That's really it. Also, America's foriegn policy is to keep the current status quo of One China, with the Republic of China (Taiwan) and PRC claiming to control this "One China", in order to keep the peace in the straits and to prevent a PRC invasion. I don't like seeing an PRC invasion, of course.
* Servant Corps shrugs.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:26:25 pm by Servant Corps »

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2009, 06:24:12 pm »

Chinese Taipei

Quote from: Wikipedia
Chinese Taipei is the designated name used by the Republic of China (ROC), commonly known as Taiwan, to participate in some international organizations and almost all sporting events, such as the Olympics and Asian Games. The international community commonly employs the term "Chinese Taipei" due to several considerations arising out of the complexities of the political status of Taiwan and cross-strait relations. First, the People's Republic of China (PRC) objects to the use of the official title "Republic of China" as lending legitimacy to a government it considers defunct or suggesting that there are two Chinas. Second, PRC objects to the use of the common name "Taiwan" because it suggests that Taiwan is an entity separate from China. Both the ROC and PRC officially claim to be the sole legitimate government of all China, including Taiwan.

... Nobody cares (except for viskaslietuvai)
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2009, 07:10:24 pm »

Is it intentional that so many doors are locked at sites now? It seems kind of stupid that the front door to a police station would be locked, but every time I've been there it is. I've also used the legacy code with a fresh save to test this.

Everything is locked, arg!
This is not a signature.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2009, 07:15:55 pm »

Does it do anything if your doing an anonymous action while wearing a mask? Because they can't convict you for murder if they don't know it's you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:57:32 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38