Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What sould I do about this mandate?  (Read 2082 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: What sould I do about this mandate?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 06:19:55 pm »

No. Sadly. Just keep trying. Eventually you'll get the wounds you need!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »

Is there a way I can get "controlled" injuries for my hammerer (say, his legs and arms chopped off) so that the only hammerings he can give is staring at the dwarves making them feel guilty?

If I get him into level-1 magma puddle, can I burn his legs off?
as said you can ask him to dump it and he will

to q2: it will more likely kill him though which might be better
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 07:11:23 pm »

-Easy DF Guide to: HAMMERERS-

1: Lock your Hammerer into a 1x1 room with a spear/spike trap attached to a lever.
2: Pull the lever!
3: Did you get the horribly disfiguring injuries you wanted? If yes, proceed to next step. If not, repeat step 2.
4: Did the Hammerer die from the horribly disfiguring injuries? Start again at step 1 when new Hammer arrives. If the Hammerer did not proceed to step 5.
5: Care for your Hammer in his bed for the rest of his long happy MAGMA FILLED life.
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

NikkTheTrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »

Find his hammer and dump it. He won't pick up another one.
Not painful enough. I would prefer to have him to at least have phantom limbs.

Besides, dumping hammer seems too much like cheating. Having executioner suffer from an "accident" at the hands of dwarves he tortures seems more realistic  ::)
-Easy DF Guide to: HAMMERERS-

1: Lock your Hammerer into a 1x1 room with a spear/spike trap attached to a lever.
2: Pull the lever!
3: Did you get the horribly disfiguring injuries you wanted? If yes, proceed to next step. If not, repeat step 2.
4: Did the Hammerer die from the horribly disfiguring injuries? Start again at step 1 when new Hammer arrives. If the Hammerer did not proceed to step 5.
5: Care for your Hammer in his bed for the rest of his long happy MAGMA FILLED life.
Hmm... What kind of injuries will guarantee him being permanentky bedridden? If he ends up getting better won't he proceed to making a porkchop out of the sentenced dwarves? Can I get him some slash damage that would actually lop limbs off? Will piercing damage froma spear paralyze him?

Also, can I have him alive but horrendously miserable in bed and have him force-fed by my dwarves in such state forever? I was thinking of haivg his "get better" bed in a pond filled with 2/7 water. I can picture him slowly rotting alive on his bed begging dwarves not to shove anymore foor or water down his thorat...
Dwarf Fortress- where nightmare fuel is recycled into business plan.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 01:56:13 am »

Actually, if you want slash damage, use giant axe blades in weapon traps. I'm not sure if you could hook it up to a lever, and each strike with a giant axe blade causes 100 damage, potentially killing the Hammerer instantly

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:55 am »

each strike with a giant axe blade causes 100 damage, potentially killing the Hammerer instantly

Not if you build the blade from silver or glass.  Or even copper. MUCH less lethal, but still a potential limb-taker.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 09:59:20 am »

Actually, if you want slash damage, use giant axe blades in weapon traps. I'm not sure if you could hook it up to a lever, and each strike with a giant axe blade causes 100 damage, potentially killing the Hammerer instantly

Make sure the hammerer enters the room, lock the door and dump food/water on him. He has to sleep someday. When he does, he'll get horribly maimed.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 01:58:15 pm »

"Can't sleep...trap will eviscerate me..."
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 02:06:49 pm »

I'm fairly sure that if you do get the arms off of your hammerer, he'll bite chunks off of your dwarves instead.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 02:29:40 pm »

Make sure the hammerer enters the room, lock the door and dump food/water on him. He has to sleep someday. When he does, he'll get horribly maimed.
Actually, they will never go to sleep, they will just keep getting more and more tired.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 02:40:49 pm »

"Can't sleep...trap will eviscerate me..."

Hah! Sigged.
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 03:16:08 pm »

I'm fairly sure that if you do get the arms off of your hammerer, he'll bite chunks off of your dwarves instead.

Dwarves: Our mouths are like hands!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 05:27:34 pm »

I think that a spinal injury will make your dwarf bedridden forever.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 05:59:44 pm »

Yep, just give the hammerer some nerve damage so he won't be able to tie his shoes on his own let alone chase down lawbreakers.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 06:18:27 pm »

Dwarves: Our mouths are like hands!
Goblin prisoner: Isn't that cute, he thinks his mouth is a hand.
Guard: Isn't that cute, he thinks he's people.
Goblin prisoner: Wait, wh-
*Beatings*
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2]