Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What sould I do about this mandate?  (Read 2086 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
What sould I do about this mandate?
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:47:27 pm »

My Mayor has mandated steel items, but I have neither flux nor a forge. Remember: I DON'T want to kill her because she is a very easy to please for a semi-noble. Her interests:
Selenite, Steel, star ruby, blue shark leather, helms, thrones, large gems and cats.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: What sould I do about this mandate?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:50:56 pm »

Uhm... don't make it?
You're under no pressure to make it, nor is there any need to do so unless you have a Captain Of The Guard/Fortress Guard.

Kinnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:52:15 pm »

If she's demanding steel, which you don't have the means to produce, then she's not that easy to please.  ;)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:52:15 pm »

I have both a captain and a guard, sadly (Needed something to do with all of those damn peasants)

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:26 pm »

Make your prisons opulent, and have buckets and water sources handy.  Will serve you well unless you get a tantrum spiral. 

I have a mayor who keeps asking me to make bismuth items.  I ended up importing bismuthnite so any time he asks for "bismuth items", I can smelt a bar or two. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

nutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

Just ignore it and make sure your prison has chains adjacent to beds and booze. Unless you have a hammerer, then kiss your dwarf goodbye. ;D

You can probably buy an anvil and flux stone or steel bars from the mountainhome---or maybe some cheap steel crafts to melt down for steel bars. I think the bar itself counts as one steel item for a mandate.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »

Unless I get a human caravan this year, which I should, I'm going to miss the deadline

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 11:13:52 pm »

Is it possible to lock your hammerer in a room and just keep him fed and watered?
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 11:25:43 pm »

I don't have a hammerer, thankfully, and some other person was elected before the mandate due date could pass  ;D

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 11:42:47 pm »

Magma.
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 07:45:23 am »

Is it possible to lock your hammerer in a room and just keep him fed and watered? dead and murdered?

Sure. 

You can also make sure there's a hallway a z-level above and dump beer barrels and *syrup roasts* on his head. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Angellus

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

What happens if I kill the hammerer? will there be a new one with the next migwave?

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 05:10:10 pm »

Yup. Maybe not the next one exactly, but you won't be waiting for too long.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

NikkTheTrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 06:03:31 pm »

Is there a way I can get "controlled" injuries for my hammerer (say, his legs and arms chopped off) so that the only hammerings he can give is staring at the dwarves making them feel guilty?

If I get him into level-1 magma puddle, can I burn his legs off?
Dwarf Fortress- where nightmare fuel is recycled into business plan.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 06:19:35 pm »

Is there a way I can get "controlled" injuries for my hammerer (say, his legs and arms chopped off) so that the only hammerings he can give is staring at the dwarves making them feel guilty?

If I get him into level-1 magma puddle, can I burn his legs off?
Find his hammer and dump it. He won't pick up another one.
Pages: [1] 2