Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf-a-pult  (Read 1294 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf-a-pult
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 12:43:21 pm »

What could they do against the Rat population? Their waste disposal systems was HORRIBLE! and walking in the sewers could make you quite dead. All the Europe could have attempted to kill all the rats they could and not make a dent.

As one person once said: "When people tell me to fix their rat problems, I don't say 'where's the poison' I say 'wheres the food'"

The Sewer system in one part of Europe became so bad that quite litterally their populace became ill as a Canal they used for dumping became rank in the summer. I think it was called "The big Stink"

charl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 02:01:31 pm »

What could they do against the Rat population? Their waste disposal systems was HORRIBLE! and walking in the sewers could make you quite dead. All the Europe could have attempted to kill all the rats they could and not make a dent.

As one person once said: "When people tell me to fix their rat problems, I don't say 'where's the poison' I say 'wheres the food'"

The Sewer system in one part of Europe became so bad that quite litterally their populace became ill as a Canal they used for dumping became rank in the summer. I think it was called "The big Stink"

Yeah, humanity didn't have any concept of hygiene until the late 19th century. Things were pretty bad. The Big Stink is from London, though it refers to an event in the 1850s caused by industrial waste dumped into the Thames. Brussels had a similar problem, when the Zenne was so polluted that when it periodically overflowed it covered the lower class areas of the city with sewage that caused outbreaks of colera and stuff. Eventually they had to cover up the whole river, so today it is effectively underground. This also happened in the 1800s though, several hundred years after the plague.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:05:23 pm by charl »

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 02:23:27 pm »

Back to the matter at hand. Bridge-a-pults are notoriously unreliable and unimpressive, and as someone pointed out earlier, no one tosses a dwarf. It is just not done….but you can FIRE a dwarf.

Dwarves and fire (or at least magma) go hand-in-hand. Or beard-in-flames at least.  To that end you can't fire a dwarf out a bridge. Gentlemen we have but one recourse. Who thinks they can build a Dwarven Rail Gun?

wallie79r

• Bay Watcher
  • Ravenous Seal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 03:47:50 pm »

I may know of a way to build a dwarven railgun, though it would be difficult and hard to reuse. First, you have to capture a large number of elves, which is always a good thing. Allow them to languish in your jail for a few years while you construct the railgun itself. The railgun consists of a very long downward slope with a strong flow of 3/7 water. At the very end it suddenly slopes back up and leads into the targeted firing area. Once everything is ready, you place a dwarf who has been forced to live off of water for far too long near the top of the gun, drop of barrel of finest quality booze in front of him, and release a horde of starving, cannibalistic elves behind him. The elves will chase the dwarf will chase the alcohol down the slope while being pushed by water. If all goes according to plan, the dwarf will achieve relativistic velocity by the time he reaches the firing chamber itself. The booze is then exploded with a small amount of lave, lighting your dwarven ammunition on fire as it rockets out of the railgun. Shocked by the loss of alcohol, your dwarf will then lose all vestiges of what passes for sanity among dwarves before obliterating the target area. Anything that survives the initial impact will certainly be horridly savaged by the psychotic dwarf and the rampaging horde of cannibal elves. The only real problem I can see with this is reloading it, as preparing the ammunition takes years.
This world will burn and with it end the reign of man, a mercy stroke!
Pages: 1 [2]