Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DND Dragons  (Read 757 times)

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DND Dragons
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:06:23 am »

For any DnD fans, I threw together variants of the dragon megabeast to mirrow the 10 common dragons in Dungeons and Dragons.

Of course, the attacks of the different dragons are currently limited and having an intelligent creature with the [FLIER] tag will create numerous "cancels eat / drink: dangerous terrain" errors. And I don't want either unintelligent dragons or ones that don't eat or drink. So for now they don't fly.

I also made the appropriate dragons fireproof and others amphibious with higher swim speeds. I was able to give the white and silver dragons a cold attack and in lieu of breath attacks or effect attacks, I gave other dragons damage resistance.

If you do add this mod I suggest removing the dragon entry in creature_standard.txt

The dragons will show up in legends mode after world gen, but further testing is required in other game modes. (I haven't seen them yet.) Evil dragons have the creatures they have devoured listed in their history. I do plan on updating as I figure more stuff out.

Enjoy! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1003
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:23:58 am by Irrational »
A dwarven Architect can and will build an unbalanced skyscraper from lead with only a single supporting column at ground level on top of sand.

Truly the greatest minds of this world.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: DND Dragons
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:23:31 pm »

If I remember right, it's not being intelligent that causes massive pathfinding fail with flying things, but rather being played as in fortress mode.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:35:29 pm »

pets with intelligent will fail at pathfinding, but untamed monsters will not.

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 03:09:37 pm »

Well they don't have intelligent, but rather can_learn and can_speak. I suppose I could make them non-tameable, but what would one do when they want a black dragon guarding their fortress?
A dwarven Architect can and will build an unbalanced skyscraper from lead with only a single supporting column at ground level on top of sand.

Truly the greatest minds of this world.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »

Well they don't have intelligent, but rather can_learn and can_speak. I suppose I could make them non-tameable, but what would one do when they want a black dragon guarding their fortress?
Catch one in a cage, chain it up outside your gates, never let your dwarves near it. :P